Trailers: The Witcher 2: Xbox 360 Teaser

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Witcher 2: Xbox 360 Teaser

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is coming to the Xbox 360.

Watch Video

Meh. It looked pretty generic. The graphics were decent. I kept seeing the same horizontal slash over and over. This trailer doesn't really wanna make me play the game.

The best rpg I've played in years, despite its flaws and harsh introduction. Hope it does well in the Xbox, the devs deserve the money for creating such a brilliant game. Still... putting a new IP (For consoles!) onto the market around the same time as Skyrim isn't the most wise choice. Wouldn't be the first time a PC centric dev dabbled their toes into the console market only to lose them, Ion Storm pop into mind.

Hopefully that wont be the case here. 360 gamers, buy it, you're in for a treat!

Nice trailer as well, though the whole posing dramatically atop the tower was a bit silly especially when you've played the game and know what sequence that's probably supposed to be.

As I said in my Facebook comment. The trailers all movie clips from the PC game, its not actually 360 gameplay, so don't judge the gameplay on this trailer.

I'm not entirely sure the point of this trailer honestly, it doesn't show you anything solid about the story, gameplay or anything. Its a bit odd.

This should be interesting to see how Xboxers deal with the first fight...

Looking forward to it.

The_root_of_all_evil:

i am pretty sure the xbox users will get the enhanced edition with an actual tutorial.
or triss just makes you immune to fire for the fight that may work as well.

i just hope will buy this, getting a foot in the console market may bring in some cash the series, and besides: dear xbox owners, do yourself a favor and buy this when i comes out.
And don't be afraid of the dragon.

weird, i could have sworn we had the exact same video/thread posted yesterday :S

anyway, its all good. hope you enjoy the game 360 dudes.

Want on ps3.. srs!

endnuen:
Want on ps3.. srs!

Not going to happen. The reason so many early games this generation were pc/xbox only was because the ps3 is complicated to code for. CDPR have never coded for a PS3 and therefore would have to redo their entire engine, and with no real knowledge of how to do so.

In short: too much money for no substantial reward.

Thats such a shit trailer! The game itself is phenomenal, absolutely amazing, but this trailer does it no justice at all.

'Do you dare? Do you truly dare?' - I want to punch the man who wrote that in the throat.

The_root_of_all_evil:

imagehttp://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-hfSTG72/0/L/i-hfSTG72-L.jpgimage

teebeeohh:

The_root_of_all_evil:

i am pretty sure the xbox users will get the enhanced edition with an actual tutorial.

i just hope will buy this, getting a foot in the console market may bring in some cash the series, and besides: dear xbox owners, do yourself a favor and buy this when i comes out.

Dear PC users, I'll be happy to tell you that I will, infact, be buying The Witcher 2, please stop assuming I'm a blundering idiot though, we have enough developers doing that already.

Much appreciated, a console gamer.

DayDark:

Dear PC users, I'll be happy to tell you that I will, infact, be buying The Witcher 2, please stop assuming I'm a blundering idiot though, we have enough developers doing that already.

dear "a console gamer"

i am assuming you haven't played the scene in question yet because nobody would call you a blundering idiot if you would like to have explained just exactly how the controls and spells work before they let you fight a fucking dragon. that instant-kills you if you ever catch fire. Also the fight is set in two narrow wooden corridors. And the combat system puts emphasis on movement. And if you don't kill all enemies in time the roof comes crashing down. And it may just be your first fight. I would have liked if someone told me i had all the spells already.

But i will refrain from thinking of you as blundering idiot in the future, i like console gamers who swim in the deep end.

Selvec:
As I said in my Facebook comment. The trailers all movie clips from the PC game, its not actually 360 gameplay, so don't judge the gameplay on this trailer.

I'm not entirely sure the point of this trailer honestly, it doesn't show you anything solid about the story, gameplay or anything. Its a bit odd.

It is a teaser, it got no point but hype. A bit like that Skyrim one where all there is a wall and a voice.

teebeeohh:

And if you don't kill all enemies in time the roof comes crashing down. And it may just be your first fight. I would have liked if someone told me i had all the spells already.

But i will refrain from thinking of you as blundering idiot in the future, i like console gamers who swim in the deep end.

That's why they should have enforced chronological selection of the dialogue in the prologue. Why would anyone click on "What about the dragon?" if Roche clearly asks you about the king? It's logical to click the first option, as it actually relates to the conversation you just had in the cutscene. Oh well... I've died near that ballista few times too many the first time I played anyway.

teebeeohh:

dear "a console gamer"

i am assuming you haven't played the scene in question yet because nobody would call you a blundering idiot if you would like to have explained just exactly how the controls and spells work before they let you fight a fucking dragon. that instant-kills you if you ever catch fire. Also the fight is set in two narrow wooden corridors. And the combat system puts emphasis on movement. And if you don't kill all enemies in time the roof comes crashing down. And it may just be your first fight. I would have liked if someone told me i had all the spells already.

Dear teebeeoh, you are correct in assuming that I have not played the scene in question, because I'm a console gamer, and even if I wasn't, it would probably be pretty stupid to buy the game for xbox had I infact had played it on PC.

That said, I'm in complete agreement that the lack of tutorial is an otherwise unapproved feature (of lack thereof) regardless of platform, and will therefore probably not be of any interest, as there will probably not be any difference in how this will be perceived by the xbox community, provided a tutorial will be lacking (highly unlikely). To your credit though, it appears I read your post wrong, I thought you were insinuating that there would be immunity to fire as a console feature, an overreaction on my part.

teebeeohh:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Well I'm definitely buying this. There need to be more RPG's like this and I will be entirley happy to give CD Projekt RED my money. From what I've seen of the PC version, they deserve my money.

DayDark:

Dear teebeeoh, you are correct in assuming that I have not played the scene in question, because I'm a console gamer, and even if I wasn't, it would probably be pretty stupid to buy the game for xbox had I infact had played it on PC.

That said, I'm in complete agreement that the lack of tutorial is an otherwise unapproved feature (of lack thereof) regardless of platform, and will therefore probably not be of any interest, as there will probably not be any difference in how this will be perceived by the xbox community, provided a tutorial will be lacking (highly unlikely). To your credit though, it appears I read your post wrong, I thought you were insinuating that there would be immunity to fire as a console feature, an overreaction on my part.

actually read my post right but let me explain:
a few month after the initial release of the witcher cd project re-released the the witcher as an "enhanced edition" that did a lot of tweaking, bugfixing and added some content(and that you could download for free if you already owned the game). I am pretty sure they will do the same with the witcher 2 and i good point to release the enhanced edition would together with the console launch (which would start off as the enhanced edition) and one of the things they could tweak in my opinion is giving you fire immunity in that scene or forcing you to play through the prologue in a given order to make it easier across all platforms.

Awesome, looking forward to getting this. I'm happy that I'll have the chance to play it, since my computer is god-awful.

Didn't CDProjekt Red just patch the game to make the first fight easier or something? That'll be useful for people.

teebeeohh:

DayDark:

actually read my post right but let me explain:
a few month after the initial release of the witcher cd project re-released the the witcher as an "enhanced edition" that did a lot of tweaking, bugfixing and added some content(and that you could download for free if you already owned the game). I am pretty sure they will do the same with the witcher 2 and i good point to release the enhanced edition would together with the console launch (which would start off as the enhanced edition) and one of the things they could tweak in my opinion is giving you fire immunity in that scene or forcing you to play through the prologue in a given order to make it easier across all platforms.

Will there not be an "easy" difficulty on the 360? I swear, "I didn't know fire could kill me" could become a running joke. And what's with so many people assuming the witcher 2 will have an enhanced edition? The original enhanced edition added a few hours worth of extra content and fixed a massive amount of issues. I think the sequel is fine.

yundex:

Will there not be an "easy" difficulty on the 360? I swear, "I didn't know fire could kill me" could become a running joke. And what's with so many people assuming the witcher 2 will have an enhanced edition? The original enhanced edition added a few hours worth of extra content and fixed a massive amount of issues. I think the sequel is fine.

having an easy option is not an excuse for not having a proper tutorial.
I actually don't believe there will be physical copies of an "enhanced edition" for the PC version, we just download everything over the next few month. Enhanced edition will most likely just be what is tagged onto the title for the 360 version, the same way PC versions of games that are released month later are always "special" or something editions and contain the DLC up to that point.

teebeeohh:

yundex:

having an easy option is not an excuse for not having a proper tutorial.
I actually don't believe there will be physical copies of an "enhanced edition" for the PC version, we just download everything over the next few month. Enhanced edition will most likely just be what is tagged onto the title for the 360 version, the same way PC versions of games that are released month later are always "special" or something editions and contain the DLC up to that point.

Sure it is, it's almost impossible to die on easy mode. That is the real issue, constant death. But i'm going to agree to disagree with a hand holding tutorial, because it's been debated to death in the review thread and my reply was mostly toward the "fire immunity" bit.

As far as enhanced editions go, the original was more like a mini xpac and that's what I think of when people mention it. I don't think a few patches and an hour long DLC would fit that.

Ryuu Akamatsu:
Meh. It looked pretty generic. The graphics were decent. I kept seeing the same horizontal slash over and over. This trailer doesn't really wanna make me play the game.

Look up the reviews for the PC version. Much more to the game than shown in the trailer. I almost think this trailer was created to get the stereotypical console gamer interested. If it is anything like Witcher one then the game would be worth playing and beating even if the combat sucks for the story, ambiguous moral choices that you don't see the results of for hours, and the aesthetics. (haven't played Witcher 2 myself so the combat may very well suck but like I said there that isn't at least to me the main appeal of the game...)

DayDark:

The_root_of_all_evil:

teebeeohh:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Tell it like it is.

Even in the Penny Arcade post accompanying the comic, Jerry questioned how console gamers would deal with a game with Witchers difficulty level. If PC gamers don't want to come off as elitist douche bags, then it'd be great for them to not assume their games are the pinnacle of depth and skill and everyone else is just fiddling with the colourful buttons... /rant.

OT, Hack and Slash adventures actually bore me, and putting a crazy difficulty curve on a shit game to attract the hardcore crowd is a shitty move in my book. But I hear people ranting about how good this is, so yeah, I'll check this one out =]

teebeeohh:

The_root_of_all_evil:

With Skyrim, DLC for various games, Saints Row 3, Mass Effect 3, and Prototype 2 coming out on the horizon?

HA! i'll be lucky if i even get some of those games.

the witcher 2 is very low on my buy list because of the fans. dear GOD the fans are annoying when you don't get down on your knees and praise their game

Azaraxzealot:

With Skyrim, DLC for various games, Saints Row 3, Mass Effect 3, and Prototype 2 coming out on the horizon?

HA! i'll be lucky if i even get some of those games.

the witcher 2 is very low on my buy list because of the fans. dear GOD the fans are annoying when you don't get down on your knees and praise their game

so then in the near future feel free to ignore my recommendations and buy whatever you like.
among the things i recommend for the rest of the year are :
Alice
Deus Ex
Space marine
Skyrim
Saints row 3
Prototype 2
Dark souls
and for 2012:
ME3
Starcraft2.1
maybe prey 2

and if you find the witcher fans annoying just try making a thread here on the escapist in all caps saying how much valve sucks.
And we don't want you to actually neel, for somethings with that sorry excuse for a third act a very deep bow will be enough.

I actually played the PC version with a 360 controller and found it to work much better then the mouse and keyboard. Granted, it took me some time to figure out what all the buttons did, but since the console version will come with a manual, that shouldn't be as much of a problem.

I'd consider getting this were it not for one qualm I have. Do I need to play the first game to get the story of this?

I'm guessing there's not gonna be a PS3 version, right? Too hard to code for, and all?

Makes me sad, because the only, and I mean only decent ARPG on the PS3 is Two Worlds 2, and that game is pretty flawed.

The Madman:
The best rpg I've played in years, despite its flaws and harsh introduction. Hope it does well in the Xbox, the devs deserve the money for creating such a brilliant game. Still... putting a new IP (For consoles!) onto the market around the same time as Skyrim isn't the most wise choice. Wouldn't be the first time a PC centric dev dabbled their toes into the console market only to lose them, Ion Storm pop into mind.

Hopefully that wont be the case here. 360 gamers, buy it, you're in for a treat!

Nice trailer as well, though the whole posing dramatically atop the tower was a bit silly especially when you've played the game and know what sequence that's probably supposed to be.

Oh crap. Well, I'll just have to get both Witcher 2 and Skyrim on launch day... er you know what I mean... console launch? Anyway, just have to get both.

buy teh haloz:
I'd consider getting this were it not for one qualm I have. Do I need to play the first game to get the story of this?

Not really. It'll help in some cases, but you'll be able to understand and enjoy the game without doing so...

Ironic Pirate:
I'm guessing there's not gonna be a PS3 version, right? Too hard to code for, and all?

Makes me sad, because the only, and I mean only decent ARPG on the PS3 is Two Worlds 2, and that game is pretty flawed.

There may be a PS3 version. They're just developing one platform at a time. We'll see.

Whatever, the game was well worth my money but still disappointing to me. Builds you up and then lets you down. Badly designed boss fights. Epic, yes, but frustrating and badly designed. Enemy that kills me in one hit? Fine. Enemy that kills me in one hit in a cramped room with no room to dodge with fire blocking my view? Nope.

I am not talking about the opening sequence with the dragon, by the way. Yeah, I died about 20 times in the "tutorial", I can deal with that.

Anyone else notice that the "platform(s)" section of the page said that the game was for PC only?

Zer_:

buy teh haloz:

Not really. It'll help in some cases, but you'll be able to understand and enjoy the game without doing so...

Ironic Pirate:

There may be a PS3 version. They're just developing one platform at a time. We'll see.

That sounds reasonable, actually. Thanks for rekindling my hope!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here