Trailers: Crusader Kings II: E3 2011

Crusader Kings II: E3 2011

Build a dynasty, manage your resources, and conquer Europe in the sequel to Crusader Kings.

Watch Video

Am I the only one who got a headache just watching that?

Aaah this looks like one of those deep, complex games that will go COMPLETELY unnoticed by the entire gaming community because they are too busy Yapping their mouths off about "Dumbing down games" and "Consolification".

How delightfully Hypocritical and douchbaggy we are, as far as communities go.... :3

CAN NOT WAIT love the first one

GrizzlerBorno:
Aaah this looks like one of those deep, complex games that will go COMPLETELY unnoticed by the entire gaming community because they are too busy Yapping their mouths off about "Dumbing down games" and "Consolification".

How delightfully Hypocritical and douchbaggy we are, as far as communities go.... :3

It might go unnoticed by most people on this site, but I can assure you that there are a few people on more PC centric sites that are looking forward to this game, and any Paradox game in general.

But if you look at the first post then, yea, a lot of people simply can't think well enough to grasp it.

I myself am looking forward to getting my grubby hands on this game and giving it a spin.

teh_gunslinger:

GrizzlerBorno:

It might go unnoticed by most people on this site, but I can assure you that there are a few people on more PC centric sites that are looking forward to this game, and any Paradox game in general.

But if you look at the first post then, yea, a lot of people simply can't think well enough to grasp it.

I myself am looking forward to getting my grubby hands on this game and giving it a spin.

That's why I'm calling us hypocrites. Very few people here will play it. No one here will discuss it. But everyone here will ALWAYS make a huge fuss about consolification, and all that jazz. Whenever that topic pops up, everyone here goes crazy.

teh_gunslinger:

Ouch? I just meant it looks unnecessarily complicated. If that's your thing than by all means knock yourself out. But I think they could have made it a lot less overwhelming WITHOUT dumbing it down. After all, controls don't have to be complicated in order for the game to be deep and complex.
Consolification is one thing but this is falling off the other side of the table.

And frankly, claiming people ignore the game because they are too dumb to understand it sounds like a pretty nasty case of fanboyism to me. Not to mention elitism.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here