Trailers: XBLA Summer of Arcade 2011

XBLA Summer of Arcade 2011

Toy Soldiers: Cold War, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, From Dust, and Bastion all feature in the Xbox Live Summer of Arcade.

Watch Video

I've already heard of Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, so I'll be giving that one a shot. The aesthetic reminds me a bit of that other Arcade game I never got finished, Outland. The last two I'll probably try out as well, whatever they may be. From Dust looks like some kind of terraforming game? Curious.

Horrible trailer though, in my opinion. Keep your filthy humans out of my games, Microsoft! :O

I love these Summer Of Arcade events. ITSP looks the most interesting so far to me, like a cross between LIMBO and PixelJunk Shooter.

Wow.... Absolutely none of those interested me.

Which is a shame, since I loved last year's summer arcade games.

Fruit Ninja will be a terrible terrible game that tries to show us the "fun" of Kinect. And will be forgotten 20 mins after you start playing it.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet looks interesting at least.

Tried the original Toy Soldiers, wasn't impressed. Not caring much here.

From Dust looks like that "grow a flower" one on the PSN.

From Dust looks cool, reminds me of Populous, or the map editor in Sim City 2000. Weird seeing that now with Peter Molyneux doing whatever he's up to now (Fable, again?) :)

Thats the first time I've heard from From Dust in a loooooooooong time, hope we'll get some more info soon.

The only one I will get is Bastion - I may get From Dust if I see more gameplay of it and see how it plays, otherwise only one game I will get this summer, rest is DLC :/

From Dust intrigues me (coming from the Another World mastermind puts it in good stead), the others not so much. Especially not Fruit Ninja - however I can see that game exploding with popularity.

I enjoyed the original Toy Soldiers while it lasted, but it certainly wasn't a strong enough title for me to purchase the DLC let alone a sequel. Seems bizarre to have that as the grand finish - I would have thought Bastion would have been better placed.

ITSP looks remotely intriguing, but the rest of them look wank. With Outland, Section 8 Prejudice, Stacking, Limbo, Plants vs Zombies, Monday Night Combat, Lara Croft GOL and other proper great titles, who the fuck is gonna be playing these?

And a new Toy Soldiers game? Just what the world was crying out for...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here