Trailers: Fable: The Journey Announcement

Fable: The Journey Announcement

When Albion is threatened by dark forces, the journey to become a hero begins.

Watch Video

*Pinch the bridge of nose* Do I even want to know? Just let me die in a fable guy and get rid of the puppy.

Its weird, I had some real issues with Fable 3 yet as soon as I saw a Fable announcement I rushed to see it and I'm already excited to get the next Fable fan, this must be gaming fandoms equivalent to an abusive relationship (apart from Sonic games)

I think I'm pretty much done with Lionhead. The Fable series at least anyway, they always fail to deliver.

Dear Forces of darkness,

WHY US!? WHYIS IT ALWAYS US!? Can you not find some other hick/industrial country to ravage with death and over-estimated games?! Seriously!!!

Sincerely,

Albion

This is both new AND interesting.

First impression : Curious since this would seem to jump out from original timeline.
Even tho i find second game being most in my taste third still delivered story that i busted trough in two sessions (both lasted about 10 hours).
And i was happy with it.

I'll return to think Fable when the gameplay comes out.

Meh, I thought the first Fable was good, but Fable 2 and 3 sucked. Seriously, Fable 3 had so many plot holes you could sell it as swiss cheese!

To anybody interested in this game, I implore you to watch gameplay! You will laugh until you cry. For a hint as to what this new game is: Its a linear first person rail shooter using Kinect. Im probably joking or trolling or something, right? You will wish I was :D.

9_6:

Care to reconsider?

Fable and the Lost Chapters were the original reason I got an Xbox, and even though I felt that Fable 2 dropped what was promised I enjoyed the game none the less. Fable 3 in my eyes is what Fable 2 should have been the Swiss cheese storyline is what I have come to expect from all Lionhead games and I do enjoy it, But I am unsure about this new game the video left me bewildered as to what to think.

Celtic_Kerr:
Dear Forces of darkness,

WHY US!? WHYIS IT ALWAYS US!? Can you not find some other hick/industrial country to ravage with death and over-estimated games?! Seriously!!!

Sincerely,

Albion

Well William Black had to go and build the old kingdom there. Ever since the place has been kind of dealing with the consequences. That said, this trailer has me wondering what they're thinking exactly and not exactly enthused.

Sounds like an excuse to swap up locations.

Fable II was a good game, it is possible for Molyneux and Lionhead to make good Fable games. I'm not going to get all excited for it, like I did with Fable III, but I'll reserve my ire for the day the bad reviews come in and I don't purchase it.

... Looks like shite to me. And I was all intrigued once I heard of this.

I really enjoyed all of the Fable games - they had their flaws but what game doesn't.
I'll be watching this one with interest.

Abandon4093:

9_6:

Care to reconsider?

i dont think ive ever seen anything quite so boring

ascorbius:
I really enjoyed all of the Fable games - they had their flaws but what game doesn't.
I'll be watching this one with interest.

Thank you kind sir.

Please tell me that video w/ the Kinect bs is
1. Optional
2. a Magic killin FPS view for fireball doom and first person Force Pushin

I can assume that this takes place during Fable 3ish? or did that jerk from the desert decide that having his ass handed to him once wasnt enough

Ilikemilkshake:

Abandon4093:

9_6:

Care to reconsider?

Hard to think that ole' Pete could outdo himself in the 'disappoint loyal fans' department.... Then this comes along and smacks you in the face like a piss soaked dish rag.

Needless to say I'm unimpressed.

Peter molenyeux, moleror, molaron...peter M. is all about innovation in games, he Really believes in it, so although he may be pushing boundaries by having a full title release for the kinect, PC gamers such as myself cant help but be disgusted, Motion controllers suck!, they're the height of unnecessary, what Pete Should do instead, Is re release fable 2 on the PC godammit!

Interesting, Theresa is much younger in this, I wonder if this is meant to bridge the gap between Fable 1 and 2?

Excuse me? John Locke what are you doing in Fable?

Abandon4093:

9_6:

Care to reconsider?

I didnt realize they could have made it worse after the last game... but damn they know how to lower the bar.

I'm going to wait for reviews. And a price drop.

Hold the phone. I recall stomping the Darkness into dust--and saving my kingdom, keeping everyone alive, everyone happy, and having millions of gold left over--in Fable III. Seriously, wasn't the other threat in Fable III literally darkness? So...what? I just defeated the vanguard? That would make sense I suppose, since it was a TOTAL PUSH OVER!

How about we finally get our answers about Teresa? How is she still alive? What are her true intentions? THAT would make an interesting game.

Vault Citizen:
Its weird, I had some real issues with Fable 3 yet as soon as I saw a Fable announcement I rushed to see it and I'm already excited to get the next Fable fan, this must be gaming fandoms equivalent to an abusive relationship (apart from Sonic games)

I have the same problem. I hated Fable II, yet I still went out and bought Fable III which also proved to be a disappointment. And yet... I want this new game.

Ah, Fable. Is there any other game series that combines so much ambition with so many terrible design choices?

After the pile of poo they pumped out for Fable 3 I think, unless I get some stupidly good vibe from this game, I will be waiting this one out until its had a chance to patch all the bugs, 5 or 6 months should do it....hopefully....

OK I've just seen the gameplay video. I assume if you're not playing it with kinect you actually get to move and stuff, but my god that looks boring with kinect.

I never got around to playing Fable 3, I did quite like 1 and 2 but the general opinion is that they seem to be getting worse as things go on.

EDIT:

Richard Hammod's Tech Head is so annoying, I understand the escapist needs adverts. And one's before videos make sense, but Hammod's video just plays by itself. Which is a bit annoying when you're trying to view one of the many excellent E3 videos on another tab.

Sniper Team 4:
How about we finally get our answers about Teresa? How is she still alive? What are her true intentions? THAT would make an interesting game.

Fable game based around Teresa? That is something I'd like to see! Her character, even in Fable: Lost Chapters was what intrigued me the most. Maybe I'm just drawn to blind mystics.

Screams mystery and intrigue, but not overly complicated to the point of absurdity.

**Original Post**:
Though honestly, I wont be buying this. And not just because I don't want to get a Kinect. I didn't enjoy Fable II, I enjoyed Fable III a bit more even with all it's flaws, but nothing will really top Fable:Lost Chapters for me. Unless it's Fable: The Lost Chapters of the Lost Chapters, where they just revert back and make it exactly like the original just with added story.lol

ah peter...you just dont know when to give up do you?

its admirable....but stupid. cant you just make black and white 3 or something? something youre good at? maybe refine the broken and worthless gameplay of fable 1,2, or 3 before you decide to add motion control chariot bullshit to the mix? no?

jesus peter, you keep this up and no publisher is going to take a chance with innovation when they look back on your quadruple failures. your really not helping the progression of the industry...please, just stop.

Fidelias:
Meh, I thought the first Fable was good, but Fable 2 and 3 sucked. Seriously, Fable 3 had so many plot holes you could sell it as swiss cheese!

agreed with your many points, they need to:
1: Drop the over the top trailers than bare no resemblence to the finished game
2: Lose the bloody dog
3: Gag Peter Molenyeux
4: Get back to what made Fable fun, simple story fun combat, british humour.

The last two Fable games were subpar at best and there's nothing Lionhead can do to make me excited for Fable ever again. The Fable series is officially dead to me.

This looks to me like it comes somewhere between Fable and Fable 2 in the time line, just the impression I get.

Also Peter Molyneux is apparently fed up of flogging a dead horse so he's put a live on in for the fans to flog instead

Ilikemilkshake:

Abandon4093:

9_6:

snip

Care to reconsider?

Did anyone else have the urge to shout "RELOAD!"?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here