Trailers: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Announcement

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Announcement

Experience the Halo game that started it all, remastered and updated for the current generation of consoles, with the ten-year anniversary of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

Watch Video

Only the graphics engine was updated, you can switch between the new graphics and the legacy graphics. The physics engine and such were untouched.

However the multiplayer is all done using the Reach Engine.

it looks awesome! honestly, i AM willing to shell out 40 bucks for Halo: Combat Evolved with Firefight...

as long as it keeps the 60-round assault rifle and overpowered pistol i'm happy

(some happier things? 4-player split screen Firefight, with forge editing options and the ability to add flood into the mix.... epic)

It will interesting to See the original game with the new graphics, It does make you wonder if they will try to fix any continuity error whilst their at it?

I would hope that they reduce the glaring copypasting in the maps, just so that the snazzy graphics (and asthetics) aren't let down.

am i the only one who thinks this is pointless? i mean original halo1 graphics weren't THAT bad. and the supposed 'remastering' just doesn't look like it was done that well. they turned the game from early Xbox1 graphic level to VERY early xbox360 level at best.

also this shit better not be full $60 retail, after they sold what should have been expansion price level ODST at full price i wouldn't put it past Microsoft.

Bob_F_It:
I would hope that they reduce the glaring copypasting in the maps, just so that the snazzy graphics (and asthetics) aren't let down.

....The copy Pasting is the entire point i would've thought. Or are you refering to some other form of copy pasting then the old maps upgraded?

ZeoAssassin:
am i the only one who thinks this is pointless? i mean original halo1 graphics weren't THAT bad. and the supposed 'remastering' just doesn't look like it was done that well. they turned the game from early Xbox1 graphic level to VERY early xbox360 level at best.

also this shit better not be full $60 retail, after they sold what should have been expansion price level ODST at full price i wouldn't put it past Microsoft.

Agreed, i played Halo:CE for the campaign, graphics dont mean that much for me, i can just dust off my PC version.

The thing I'm still left confused a bit on is will the remake have it's own self contained multiplayer or is it Reach's multiplayer with CE maps and like Reach may get a map pack update or something?

I guess I'll have to wait and see. I'd be happy if it ended up being something like ODST was only having the price at the rumored 40$ I'm hearing at launch.

HOLY JESUS CHRIST NERDGASM HOLY GOD AM I DREAMING DOES THIS MEAN SPLIT-SCREEN ONLINE HOLY JIZZ IN MY PANTS JESUS CHRIST I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS NOSTALGIA EVERYWHERE I MUST BE TRIPPING AAAAAHHHHH SKLJGHADFGJLHA;OSDFGHAGKJADFGJANDVKABDFADGFO DARVUDG;JADNF;ADFG

No, but seriously, this game and Pokemon GSC are the only games I ever wanted 'remastered'. I don't give a shit if you took Sly and gave it trophies and waggle support.

Things I want:
-Forge World
-Firefight
-Remaining Weapons Not TOUCHED WITH. I WANT MY 40 BILLION ROUND ASSAULT RIFLE AND MY THINLY VEILED SNIPER PISTOL
-Theater
-Split-screen online (I would buy enough copies of this game to make a mansion with if it had this)
-NOT TOUCHED WITH CAMPAIGN
-Not being 60 dollars. Although knowing Microsoft, the people that charged 60 bucks for an expansion, I can't hope.

As for the maps, as long as I have Blood Gulch, Danger Canyon, and Chill-Out, I'm good.
Jesus Christ, this was my CHILDHOOD, 343. I love you guys.

Pandalisk:

Bob_F_It:

....The copy Pasting is the entire point i would've thought. Or are you refering to some other form of copy pasting then the old maps upgraded?

I think he meant that the level design was full of glaring copy and paste, and hopefully it has been improved for this version.

Online coop for the original Halo?

I'm game.

is this game a full retail or a xbl arcade? i cant imagine it trying to compete with halo 4.

So far, I approve of the steps 343 has taken with the franchise. CE is one of my favorite games. High fives all around!!! But don't let it go to your heads.

Good god updated Chief looks ugly. Seriously, ew.

The graphics were never my chief gripe with Halo.
It was everything else!

If they change even the most minor detail of any weapon in the game I will eat their souls.

Irridium:
Good god updated Chief looks ugly. Seriously, ew.

That was Chief? He looked purple-ish blue for God's sake.

The Chiefs model needs work but everything else is pretty good.

I'd rather play the original on the PC than this on an Xbox. I'm just sayin'...

ZeoAssassin:

Dude it uses the reach engine it's not as you put it "early xbox 360 graphics." Besides it's not even going to be full priced. Since my old copy of Halo CE broke I am definitely considering waiting for the new version

I think it looks pretty cool.
Definitely for people who never got around to playing the CE before...

So like, 2 people...

Here's hoping that motherfucking son-of-a-bitch slaying super overpowered godlike pistol is back.

EDIT.

have you ever made a comment you immediately regret posting? this was one of those.

it was just me droning on for like thirty lines my many complaints for the recent halo stuff.

i don't like making flame bait, so down it goes.

Pandalisk:

Bob_F_It:

ZeoAssassin:

Agreed, i played Halo:CE for the campaign, graphics dont mean that much for me, i can just dust off my PC version.

I'm hoping that the smoother landscape textures will mean smoother vehicle sections. While they're at it I hope they update all the vehicles and vehicle physics so the Warthog doesn't handle like a boat like it did in the original (seriously it took me a LONG time to master the final chase in CE, it wouldn't stop sliding for shit), and being able to do the Banshee evasive manouvers and boost will be fun.

If they try to sell it for full price though that would be a total rip off.

And yet Halo: Custom Edition for the PC looks better.
/elitist PC gamer

But still, I'd rather not pay 60 bucks for a game I already own.

Thankfully, Microsoft if fully dedicated to the PC as a platform. Phew!

Dawkter:

No, but seriously, this game and Pokemon GSC are the only games I ever wanted 'remastered'. I don't give a shit if you took Sly and gave it trophies and waggle support.

Things I want:
-Forge World
-Firefight
-Remaining Weapons Not TOUCHED WITH. I WANT MY 40 BILLION ROUND ASSAULT RIFLE AND MY THINLY VEILED SNIPER PISTOL
-Theater
-Split-screen online (I would buy enough copies of this game to make a mansion with if it had this)
-NOT TOUCHED WITH CAMPAIGN
-Not being 60 dollars. Although knowing Microsoft, the people that charged 60 bucks for an expansion, I can't hope.

As for the maps, as long as I have Blood Gulch, Danger Canyon, and Chill-Out, I'm good.
Jesus Christ, this was my CHILDHOOD, 343. I love you guys.

I agree completely, but I want vintage Blood Gulch, not that Hemorrhage bullshit.

if they do it right the sure why not Ill play it

forge world would be good maybe even something bigger or atleast another enviroment of comparable size.

I've got a friend who's probably jumping for joy on this one right now.

What is wrong with the Master Chiefs helmet?

Seriously it looks like something my brother would draw, realise that it looks retarded and redo from scratch screwed up.

REcapcha Vietnam sparty

You know I might buy that.

Might being the key word, they had better fix The Library and not change The Silent Cartographer or Two Betrayals one inch (or change the other overmuch for that matter) and if it costs me $120 it can be a perfect correction and I'll let it pass me by.

Eh...might buy it. The campaign WAS one of the best I ever played.

See, I was kinda just hoping they would release the Campaign as a DLC for reach, instead of making be actually go out and buy a new fraking disk... But this still sounds cool.

Bobbity:
Here's hoping that motherfucking son-of-a-bitch slaying super overpowered godlike pistol is back.

This. That thing took out aircraft, for fucks sake.

It looks like they barely touched the Chief. At all. He still looks awful.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here