Trailers: Metro: Last Light: Gameplay

Metro: Last Light: Gameplay

The darkness is brutal in Metro: Last Light.

Watch Video

The gameplay trailer was probably 25% gameplay and 75% seizure inducing flashes.

It looks kind of cool, but I'm going to need to see a trailer with actual, coherent gameplay to consider it further.

This is on the PS3 as well? Good for PS3 owners, more Metro to go around.

This looks pretty good so far. Can anyone tell me the name of the song they used? I find it to be rather catchy.

Kopikatsu:
The gameplay trailer was probably 25% gameplay and 75% seizure inducing flashes.

It looks kind of cool, but I'm going to need to see a trailer with actual, coherent gameplay to consider it further.

It's definitely worth considering further. Have you played the first one? It was hard but satisfying when beaten. I do hope they fix some of the shooting/AI/sneak mechanics though. From what I CAN see in this trailer, some of the weapons and most definitely the atmosphere all stayed the same. Let's hope for the best.

Grond Strong:

Kopikatsu:

It's definitely worth considering further. Have you played the first one? It was hard but satisfying when beaten. I do hope they fix some of the shooting/AI/sneak mechanics though. From what I CAN see in this trailer, some of the weapons and most definitely the atmosphere all stayed the same. Let's hope for the best.

I thought about it, but it's so expensive on the 360. I would have gotten it had I known about the $15 deal Steam had on it, but it was already too late~

What's the music? Sounded awesome.

Kopikatsu:

I thought about it, but it's so expensive on the 360.

Odd. I picked it up for like $15 at Eb Games.

I really hope people give this game the time of day. It's a shame that the first game didn't get the attention it deserved.

The Red Dragon:
This looks pretty good so far. Can anyone tell me the name of the song they used? I find it to be rather catchy.

DragonLord Seth:

Portishead - Machine Gun

OT: That was a really cool trailer, it teased like it should and just makes me anticipate this a little more. Metro 2033 is one of my favourite games of the last few years and if they can correct some of the gameplay flaws but still maintain the atmosphere of 2033 then I'm sure 4A will have a gem on their hands.

I want the game to truly kick my ass this time round.

Metro 2033 had my favorite campaign out of any shooters in the last couple of years. Even though on the service it did not seem to be anything new - nukes, russia and mutants have been done to death - it managed to be a refreshing change.

But, I did have one complaint. Sometimes, when the game sent you hurling from the rails downwards or crashing down through the floor to find yourself suddenly alone and in pitch darkness, it actually got scary. These moments were way to rare. I dont want it done to the point where you say "Oh, I really didnt see that one coming... zzzzzz" but they were easily the best parts of the first game and it would be a shame not to have more of them in the second.

The first one had HUGE flaws...but had so many damn good things about it. This one, if it fixes those flaws, could be a potential GOTY. Hate to sound douchey.

Yes. I say a Nazi-esc flag AND A "Reich" Sigh!

FACISM FTW!

SplashyAxis:

The Red Dragon:

DragonLord Seth:

Portishead - Machine Gun

(removed due to incredible fucked-up-ness)

OT: That was a really cool trailer, it teased like it should and just makes me anticipate this a little more. Metro 2033 is one of my favourite games of the last few years and if they can correct some of the gameplay flaws but still maintain the atmosphere of 2033 then I'm sure 4A will have a gem on their hands.

Ok, that video was really fucking creepy. I actually stopped watching like 45 seconds in when the guy popped something and it exploded in blood.

not sure about this game. dint really like the first one. but lets wait and see.

I cannot wait for this game, I loved everything (despite glitches, etc.) about it, it's atmosphere, tone, and overall presentation.
My wallet will be losing weight thanks to this.

I think the word "gameplay" should have been put in quotation marks. lol
such a tease

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Even though on the service it did not seem to be anything new - nukes, russia and mutants have been done to death - it managed to be a refreshing change.

Umm... "on the service"? Surface. On the surface.

Anyway.. Yeah loved the first game this one should be sweet also, would be nice if they improved the performance of the engine for PCs a bit more but.

Kopikatsu:

Grond Strong:

Kopikatsu:

I thought about it, but it's so expensive on the 360. I would have gotten it had I known about the $15 deal Steam had on it, but it was already too late~

Its $20 right now on Steam, thats not too bad. If you like incredible atmosphere, and lots of difficulty, then you should definitely get it. The game has been patched since release, so the human opponents don't cheat as much.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Metro 2033 had my favorite campaign out of any shooters in the last couple of years. Even though on the service it did not seem to be anything new - nukes, russia and mutants have been done to death - it managed to be a refreshing change.

But, I did have one complaint. Sometimes, when the game sent you hurling from the rails downwards or crashing down through the floor to find yourself suddenly alone and in pitch darkness, it actually got scary. These moments were way to rare. I dont want it done to the point where you say "Oh, I really didnt see that one coming... zzzzzz" but they were easily the best parts of the first game and it would be a shame not to have more of them in the second.

Oh man I fucking loved those parts of the game. In particular:

Also, any part with Khan was also completely awesome.

I hope they remove the forced ending bullshit. I don't care if I acted "bad" throughout most of the game, I am not interested in taking the path that leads to the bad ending. Also, the criteria for being a bad guy is silly. Shooting nazis is evil? Really?

They also should make stealth a little more feasible, and remove the bullet soaking tendencies of enemies.

Keenly interested, but cautious.

The editing in this trailer actually really wowed me. I enjoyed it, the music, the atmosphere, and just... yeah, this is really looking good. Hopefully they won't change the formula too much and it'll just be Metro 2033, refined.

Bring it on.

I'm glad to see some content on a Metro sequel, I was starting to think the project had been scrapped.

I don't want to sound like a fanboy but.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!

Loved the first game - one of the most immersive things I've ever played, although the story and the alien things failed to make much sense.

Can't judge much from this trailer. But given the short wait between the last game and this one, I'm smelling a possible cash-in and probably dumbing-down and accessibility for the CoD crowd. Still, fingers crossed there are some actual developments in the game which would make me buy this one in addition to the last.

I wonder if 4A Games will stick with the Metro franchise as GSC does with STALKER.

SplashyAxis:
Portishead - Machine Gun

I feel I should not have watched that.

TheGoldenMan:
Yes. I say a Nazi-esc flag AND A "Reich" Sigh!

FACISM FTW!

There also was a hanza (very rich and influential merchants) banner flying around, and a lot of red costumes make me think we will go through the red line now and then.

Also I really recomend the book (metro 2033) I'm reading it right now, it's a very good book, the game is really a adoptation, until half-way through the book, artyom hasn't fired a single shot.

ultrachicken:
I hope they remove the forced ending bullshit. I don't care if I acted "bad" throughout most of the game, I am not interested in taking the path that leads to the bad ending. Also, the criteria for being a bad guy is silly. Shooting nazis is evil? Really?

They also should make stealth a little more feasible, and remove the bullet soaking tendencies of enemies.

Keenly interested, but cautious.

that was also the reason why i dint like the game too much. especially how much bullets these monster could take. even with the shotgun at close range these monsters could handle more then 7 shots. i had no bullets left at one stage and had to fight with the knife against these so called library monsters.
so i hope they fix this in this game.

Game looks amazing, sadly it seems the producers wanna scare away people with epilepsy, cause that trailer almost gave me a seizure :D

Don Reba:

DragonLord Seth:

Ok, that video was really fucking creepy. I actually stopped watching like 45 seconds in when the guy popped something and it exploded in blood.

I sincerely apologise, I thought it was the video for the song, and obviously it was something much worse. Bad research on my part.

SplashyAxis:

Don Reba:

DragonLord Seth:

I sincerely apologise, I thought it was the video for the song, and obviously it was something much worse. Bad research on my part.

Ok the new video is less creepy, the music is still creepy, but the video wasn't "close this because I'm a wuss who can't watch AvPR in one sitting" creepy. But I guess the creepiness is why it was in the trailer, right?

And did the first game use the Source engine? I was watching a LP of it, and I thought I heard some Source sound effects.

DragonLord Seth:
And did the first game use the Source engine? I was watching a LP of it, and I thought I heard some Source sound effects.

It's their own 4A Engine. Basically, the main graphics programmer from STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl made it from scratch, expanding on some of the ideas he used previously and avoiding some of the pitfalls. Metro also has STALKER's lead artist, so the games look and feel similar.

matrix3509:

Kopikatsu:

Grond Strong:

Its $20 right now on Steam, thats not too bad. If you like incredible atmosphere, and lots of difficulty, then you should definitely get it. The game has been patched since release, so the human opponents don't cheat as much.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Oh man I fucking loved those parts of the game. In particular:

Also, any part with Khan was also completely awesome.

That was exactly the part I had in mind. I have another one: imagine something like that happening again. In total darkness, you fumble for some source of light but you have lost everything except for your lighter. You try to light it but only get sparks which light up the tunnel for a fraction of a second, in those fractions you see mutants climbing all over the walls, etc. Then, you finally get a steady flame and the tunnel is completely empty. Not the most original idea but I want more of that in Last Light.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here