Trailers: Mass Effect 3: Producer Insight

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Mass Effect 3: Producer Insight

The developers of Mass Effect 3 discuss the combat and story in the game.

Watch Video

SHEPARD PAWWWWWWNCH!

It's about damn time.

Great up close viciousness, that's nice but not something unexpected. I'm sure i'm not the only one thinking this while playing ME1/2, "Future space weapons, smack people with the butt of gun".I fear that all we're going to get for previews will be "Earth Invasion", "New Combat stuff", at least until we get closer to the release.

Nifty.

Although I was expecting this one:

Well they certainly managed to relay how fun this game will be.

As long as it actually feels like an RPG and not an Action-Shooter with dialogue trees they can do whatever they want with the combat.

Zhukov:
Nifty.

Dear lord, I hope that soundtrack isn't indicative of what's in game...

yeah, nothing too surprising. Regardless, I'm salivating at the thought of more Mass Effect.

HankMan:

OMEGA-d! I can't believe you made such a bad pun.

I'm just hear to finish off this story. Awesomely I hope.

Zhukov:
Nifty.

Please let that not be indicative of the soundtrack.
OP: My big question: will sniper riles still be screwed over in how little ammo they get? Seriously, switch back over to the ME system with unlimited ammo.

Ooh, I'm liking the look of that Omni-tool blade.

That Omni-Tool blade was fucking awesome.

Can't wait for ME3.

similar.squirrel:

One thought though...

If omni-tools can be used as weapons, why the hell are civilians allowed to use them? Or is it an App only allowed by Spectres?

HankMan:

HankMan is going to have a lot of fun with E3, I can tell.

The line; "We fight or we die, that's the plan." Makes me fear for the story, as does Shepard shooting at a Reaper. The gameplay looks slick, though.

GOD DAM YOU BIOWARE AND YOU ABILITY TO MAKE EXTREMELY AMAZING GAMES!!!!!

OT: I when saw this I was completely blown away how can a trilogy only get better usually nothing is as good as the original but bloody hell Bioware are trying extremely hard to break that mould.

Cool. now I know what game I'm not getting!

Daystar Clarion:

similar.squirrel:

One thought though...

If omni-tools can be used as weapons, why the hell are civilians allowed to use them? Or is it an App only allowed by Spectres?

I guess you need miliary clearance or something, yeah. Same goes for the incinerate/overload/cyro blast functions. I try not to think too much about these things, seeing as it's a game.

similar.squirrel:

Daystar Clarion:

similar.squirrel:

One thought though...

I guess you need miliary clearance or something, yeah. Same goes for the incinerate/overload/cyro blast functions. I try not to think too much about these things, seeing as it's a game.

I usually don't think about that sort of thing, but the first thing I thought of when I saw that vid was a bunch of people on the Citadel, walking around omni-punching everyone.

Daystar Clarion:

similar.squirrel:

One thought though...

We have an app for that!

This just made me think of an app for the Ipod that would turn it into a switchblade... That would be awesome!

Also, I think maybe it's like biotics where you can only get combat versions if you're in the military.

I just hope this game actually brings the awesome conclusion that they say it will. Ever since DA 2 I've been a little more wary of Bioware...

Watched it at work... with no sound... but looks AWESOME...

..I care for no other release, except this.

..need tissues... not for tears.

Konatacalypse:
Cool. now I know what game I'm not getting!

Skyrim?!?! Hell yeah! Gotta save that money for MASS EFFECT 3!!!

Daystar Clarion:

I usually don't think about that sort of thing, but the first thing I thought of when I saw that vid was a bunch of people on the Citadel, walking around omni-punching everyone.

There's a Mass Effect MMO right there.

OT: I was never worried about ME3's combat (which looks sick, by the way). What I'm worried about is how they end the story. Here's hoping they don't fuck up the third act.

Cheers Bioware!

Raiyan 1.0:

Daystar Clarion:

OT: I was never worried about ME3's combat (which looks sick, by the way). What I'm worried about is how they end the story. Here's hoping they don't fuck up the third act.

Cheers Bioware!

I agree. I was never worried about ME3 will play. I'm worried whether the story will suck or not.

"Fight or die, thats the plan"

Well your dead then. Since Sovereign was only beaten because you disabled him for a bit, then Joker was able to sucker-punch him while he was down.

Raiyan 1.0:

Daystar Clarion:

Cheers Bioware!

Agreed. I'm praying they use that dark energy plotline that was heavily hinted at in ME 2 to give the galaxy a fighting chance, instead of pulling some never before heard of tech out of their ass that will somehow overpower the eons of experience and technology the Reapers have going for them. They need to wrap this one up well, to try and earn back some of the goodwill that DA 2 burned out of their fans.

Irridium:
"Fight or die, thats the plan"

Well your dead then. Since Sovereign was only beaten because you disabled him for a bit, then Joker was able to sucker-punch him while he was down.

Well, at least that line shows that the occasional cringe-worthy piece of dialogue (I won't let fear compromise who I am, lolwut?) is still present in this series.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Zhukov:
Nifty.

-snip-

OP: My big question: will sniper riles still be screwed over in how little ammo they get? Seriously, switch back over to the ME system with unlimited ammo.

Don't worry it isn't. It sounds nothing like Clint Mansell's work.

I'd like to see an "ammo" system where your thermal clips slowly cool down (so both the ammo in the gun and in reserve regenerate, but you still can reload a clip if you need it). Let's them do away with the "all enemies drop thermal clips" lunacy. Why would collector tech be compatible with your own tech?! Makes no sense.

i can honestly say it looks appauling, too actiony, too shootery and dummed down for the masses... shame on you bioware for giving in to EA

Daystar Clarion:

similar.squirrel:

One thought though...

I would pay for an iBlade Omni Tool App...

Adzma:
As long as it actually feels like an RPG and not an Action-Shooter with dialogue trees they can do whatever they want with the combat.

This. This. A thousand times this. As much as I love two I still can't help but feel it was a step back from one.

To be honest I wish they had stuck with the feel of ME 1 it is still the best game of the series, and increasing the action to turn mass effect into a cover based shooting series takes away from the RPG elements... and that soundtrack makes me shudder and want to physically vomit with rage, nothing like those of ME 1 or 2.
I could stand the increased combat and the cover based shooting in ME 2 as it was only minor and still left all the RPG elements from ME 1 intact, but ill be honest, I would have liked to see improvement in the RP side rather than just the shooter aspects of the game, and if they once again fail to enhance those aspects, they really ME 3 will be nothing more than a cover based shooter with RPG elements and a mere shadow of what it could have become.

Ok, rant over.

Perryman93:
i can honestly say it looks appauling, too actiony, too shootery and dummed down for the masses... shame on you bioware for giving in to EA

I get that reaction too, but keep in mind, this is a trailer designed to show off the combat to those masses that EA wants to pander to; not necessarily indicative of what the game will actually be like. There are other video clips - like this one - that show something more like the Mass Effect we know and love.

Akarezik:

Agreed. I'm praying they use that dark energy plotline that was heavily hinted at in ME 2 to give the galaxy a fighting chance, instead of pulling some never before heard of tech out of their ass that will somehow overpower the eons of experience and technology the Reapers have going for them. They need to wrap this one up well, to try and earn back some of the goodwill that DA 2 burned out of their fans.

There's also the massive cannon mentioned in both Mass Effect 1 and 2. The one that left an unholy sized gash across the entire width of a moon/planet you could see clearly from the ground in ME 1, which was also the weapon that could incapacitate a Reaper the Illusive Man was interested in.

My major concern is how they are handling "Illusive man working with Reapers" thing in ME 3, without going the Saren route. It would just be lazy and completely obvious... hell it can be due to the Constructor base because that's a variable, not a concrete reason, and I don't see how blowing the base up would ever lead him to teaming up with the reapers.

I can do martial arts with my gun... I CAN DO FUCKING MARTIAL ARTS WITH MY FUCKING GUN!!

Dammit... now I gotta change pants again...

Addendum: Also, Bionic Arm omni-tool right straight (I forget the name). It's like God Hand all over again. :D

Now I can't wait for ME3 even more. I love this series and this just makes Mass Effect look even better. Better melee hell yes sign me up, rolling to cover hell fuck yes. I already can't wait to pre order this on Steam. Hmmmm my birthday is in late February maybe I can get my boyfriend to get it for me.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Daystar Clarion:
Dear lord, I hope that soundtrack isn't indicative of what's in game...

Yeah... don't know what's going on there.

But don't worry, the gameplay demos I've seen had much better music. Big swelling orchestral numbers and whatnot.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here