309: Everything Good Old is New Again

Pages PREV 1 2

I'm a mad GOG fan. Baldur's Gate (1 and 2) and Neverwinter Nights (multiplayer) are two of my all time favorite games.

How can I NOT have heard of this site before? o_o
Might be a way to get dad interested in games again. :)
*crossed fingers*

Who da man? GOGs da man!

But really, i've been registered there since day 1 and now have a library of 50 wonderful games, that i either didn't own before, owned but couldn't get to run anymore, owned but wanted to get rid of physically(not much of a stuff collector anymore).
I'm just bummed about the license problems with some of the games, notably EA. None of them come with their respective addons(talkie-addons, content-addons etc), as far as i remember.

Wait, what ... they've got Dungeon Keeper now?
Getting it for the weekend.

I've got a nice list of games I've bought from them. So many old games that I used to play in my childhood (Redneck Rampage, to name but one), available for the price of a rather expensive sandwich that probably tastes bad anyway!

I even bought a few games from them that I already bought off another site. So yes, I've paid for the Unreal games twice.

Hell, half my gaming time is spent on games I bought from GOG.

Jamous:
That cover image of Divine Divinity just made me unbearably happy. I honestly loved the way that game was done; the world was rich with culture and other general epicness, the characters were done brilliantly and everything was just so wonderfully satisfying. The world had so much promise and hinted at so much more in it. Loved it.
XXBZPTRL! Hopefully someone out there remembers that.

I am currently looking straight at my clear plastic thick CD case for Divine Divinity on my CD rack, that damn game gave me hundreds of hours of sheer gaming joy and rage filled fury. Man that game had a lot of game breaking bugs.

valium:

Jamous:
That cover image of Divine Divinity just made me unbearably happy. I honestly loved the way that game was done; the world was rich with culture and other general epicness, the characters were done brilliantly and everything was just so wonderfully satisfying. The world had so much promise and hinted at so much more in it. Loved it.
XXBZPTRL! Hopefully someone out there remembers that.

I am currently looking straight at my clear plastic thick CD case for Divine Divinity on my CD rack, that damn game gave me hundreds of hours of sheer gaming joy and rage filled fury. Man that game had a lot of game breaking bugs.

God yes. The sheer number of times I managed to break a quest (or five) was -infuriating-. I had Penumbra vanish at least three times and don't even get me started on the Rivertown Plague quest. >_<

If you liked the Bethesda's Fallout 3 or F:New Vegas you should try Fallout 1 and 2; BEST RPGS EVAH!!!! And dont forget Wasteland.... I found fantasy RPGs boring after i played those dystopian post-apocalyptic games :)
Also System Shock 2 is there :)

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or