Trailers: Warhammer 40k: Space Marine: Chaos

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine: Chaos

The Space Marines are determined to face the darkness to try and save the planet.

Watch Video

Admittedly, I've never been a big Warhammer fan, but this game looks very interesting.

I can't wait for this game to come out. I just hope the game play good (Though it looks awesome from the trailer, but won't trust a trailer fully...)

This game keeps looking better and better.

I'm glad to finally see somthing other than Orks in action.

For being a trailer with the sub title "Chaos" theres not very much chaos in it. Interesting choice.

Anybody catch which Traitor Legion is going to be in the game? Looked like Black Legion, but I thought it could also be Iron Warriors. The latter would definitely be an interesting choice.

mwnrnc:
but I thought it could also be Iron Warriors. The latter would definitely be an interesting choice.

I'd love to see the sons of Perturabo get their day in the sun, but being that theres plenty of cultists and Daemons running around I'd have to probably say no. Iron Warriors tend to not use Daemons as much as other Legions, in fact I remember reading that they tend to amputate mutations and such then graft in Cybernetics fueled by the warp energy the mutation would have fed on.

Itd been fucking ace to see, but unlikely. Hard to sell Chaos without Bloodletters nowadays it seems.

Elderahn:

mwnrnc:
but I thought it could also be Iron Warriors. The latter would definitely be an interesting choice.

I'd love to see the sons of Perturabo get their day in the sun, but being that theres plenty of cultists and Daemons running around I'd have to probably say no. Iron Warriors tend to not use Daemons as much as other Legions, in fact I remember reading that they tend to amputate mutations and such then graft in Cybernetics fueled by the warp energy the mutation would have fed on.

Itd been fucking ace to see, but unlikely. Hard to sell Chaos without Bloodletters nowadays it seems.

looks like word bearers. they wore maroone

Ultramarines really are full of themselves, aren't they?

YES YES YES, me do want. Very much

Looks good, but why can't we have one where the protaganinist is part of the Imperial Guard?

Jakub324:
Imperial Guard

Because Spehssmehreens sell games. Mind you I'd ADORE an Imperial guard shooter: Playing from Whiteshield conscript being pressganged to hold trenches in the Kasrs of Cadia, to a recognised yet still wholly insignificant piece of gunfodder with a lasgun in one hand and a bloodcaked copy of "The Imperial Guardsman's Upplifting Primer" in the other.

Subjecting the player to the most grotesque of frontlines and combat duties available to the guard, heck the more heroicaly you succeed, the more eager your superiors will be in sending you to your death. Stuff like riding on the back of a Chimera and marking targets for a Warlord Titan who's targeting auspexes are damaged, aerial Normandy landings against orcs, and of course the battle to not soil yourself as you face down something a bit more sinister (ala Necrons/Tyranids/Chaos/Dark Eldar).

But yeah, it wouldnt sell as well as Spehss Mehreens.

Tanksie:

Elderahn:

mwnrnc:

Eah but if you look closely the armour's trim looks like brass.Guess wich spess muhreen army has wear's a red armour with brass trim :).

O please Relic, let me strike down the smurfs and troll Matt Ward to death with a chain-axe.

Looks great, the Chaos should make things more fun.
Now they should work on Wraithlord killing an entire world:D

fi6eka:

Tanksie:

Elderahn:

Eah but if you look closely the armour's trim looks like brass.Guess wich spess muhreen army has wear's a red armour with brass trim :).

O please Relic, let me strike down the smurfs and troll Matt Ward to death with a chain-axe.

What does everyone have against the ultramarines anyway? Is it really so bad that the series has any characters that come even remotely close to not having the morality of satan combined with varying levels of hitler, stalin, helghast, and chimera? Does everyone really have to be ten times worse than the complete monsters of every other series combined?

OT: I'm not so sure of this game. It could be good, but everything I've seen and heard so far seems to suggest that ranged combat, which is my preferred methods, will be completely useless.

archvile93:

fi6eka:

Tanksie:

What does everyone have against the ultramarines anyway? Is it really so bad that the series has any characters that come even remotely close to not having the morality of satan combined with varying levels of hitler, stalin, helghast, and chimera? Does everyone really have to be ten times worse than the complete monsters of every other series combined?

OT: I'm not so sure of this game. It could be good, but everything I've seen and heard so far seems to suggest that ranged combat, which is my preferred methods, will be completely useless.

to be fair it not that thay are "the good guys" or any thing like that it just that their boring compared to some of the other chapters for example the souldrinkers and the salamanders do a lot more good what whith the the salamanders caring about the avarage joe and the soul drinkers who wont fight fro chaos or the imperium because thay see it as corrupt and not in line with the emperors vision (which to be fair its not)

"A guardsman's uniform is camouflaged, for segmentum command believes that what an enemy cannot see, he cannot kill.
I wear my chapters colours with pride, for I know what an enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear, I am a space marine."

- That is why the main character is a space marine!

I have no idea from this trailer what the gameplay is going to be like, can anyone tell me? Warhammer from what little I know of it has been more traditionally associated with strategy, either turn-based or real time, but this looks a lot more FPS, but there also seems ot be a relatively strong melee focus.

leviadragon99:
I have no idea from this trailer what the gameplay is going to be like, can anyone tell me? Warhammer from what little I know of it has been more traditionally associated with strategy, either turn-based or real time, but this looks a lot more FPS, but there also seems ot be a relatively strong melee focus.

well thair is a gameplay trailer somewhere on this site but if your intrested its a third person hack un slash with hevey gun play

edit: linkz

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/3299-Warhammer-40k-Space-Marine-Combat-System

Jakub324:
Looks good, but why can't we have one where the protaganinist is part of the Imperial Guard?

Probably because any Imperial Guardsmen who even sees an agent of Chaos will be executed by the Grey Knights to avoid possible corruption.

[/quote]

archvile93:

fi6eka:

Tanksie:

Everyone hates them because of their fluff(backstory).In it they are portraited as being perfect, being second only to the Emprah.Every space marine wants to be a Ultramarine - They are hated for being an over-powered noob army.And not just that, they ar also the 40k poster-child.Because of them GW are selling a new smurf mini every month.And because of that they are a total game braker.

"Trust me, somewhere deep in the Eye of Terror, the Blood God himself weeps alone in the dark, for he knows in his heart of hearts: no matter what he may do, no matter what incomparable feats he may accomplish, no matter how infinite and unfathomable his glory...he can never be an Ultramarine." - Calgar, Chapter Master of the Ultramarines.

This picture I believe sums it ups quite nisely

"And the gratest of them all were the Ultramarines"- FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF you MATTHEW,FFFF you.

I've got nothing wrong with it, after all they are all space marines? Who cares, Ultramarine, Blood Angels, Black Templars etc etc, all the same when you have a bolt pistol and chainsword to mow some orks down with. All the armour will be covered in red blood soon enough

I'm personally waiting for the sequel "Khorne Berserker".

Am I the only one asking, why aren't they wearing helmets?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here