Trailers: Mass Effect 3: Fall of Earth

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Mass Effect 3: Fall of Earth

Commander Shepard must fight to save the galaxy from the Reapers in Mass Effect 3.

Watch Video

the more I see of this, the stupider the plot seems
gameplay looks fun tho

Person- "We need a plan!"
Shepard- "We fight or we die!"

Sounds good to me. Also can't wait for ME3. And we some of those things Reapers? If so then it would be awesome to see Reapers that look different than what we've seen. And those husks look brutal now.

Looks fun. Can't wait.

Worgen:
gameplay looks fun tho

I don't see your point. The plot is pretty solid. Just play the first two games and you'll understand.

Looks like grenades are making a return.

DO WANT! x 1 billion and a half +1
I confidently predict that with this, Screed Revelations, Deus Ex, MW3, BF3, and Skyrim Christmas season 2011/2012 may just be the best gaming period of the decade.

hm, so another generic protect-earth-from-alien-invasion shooter?
AWESOME...............at least it helps me save money : D

(I loved ME1 and 2, but wth is this)

No_Remainders:
Looks fun. Can't wait.

Worgen:
gameplay looks fun tho

I don't see your point. The plot is pretty solid. Just play the first two games and you'll understand.

well, lets look at the reapers, they have exterminated life from the galaxy at least once before, all the current tech is roughly based on what they left us to use, its heavily implied that for the most part they still have control over it, in other words, if the reapers show up they can just shut down the masseffect gates and pretty much strand everyone in their respective solar systems
The game also starts out with earth under attack, that should mean that earth is fucked and no amount of unfucking can prevent its fuckedness, while they might keep earth being fucked I have a feeling that the fucking of earth will wait for you all game till you amass a fleet and fuck the fuckers (heh, fun, ok enough of that) and then it will seem like the fleet is doomed until you find the kill the reapers button and press it and you win

God, I was just thinking how much better ME3 would be if there was some kind of sword or melee weapon, perhaps specifically relegated to Vanguards who are the ones who would need it the most... SO COLOR ME EXCITED.

I'm sorry, but this is just killing it for me. The Reapers plan for galactic omnicide is to land a bunch of mechanical behemoths on the planet (please God don't let it be the Reapers themselves) and destroy it by smashing buildings and shooting down flying cars one at a time? Oh well, at least we have a neat-o laser knife now *stab* *stab*

On the plus side, yay grenades! Oh how I longed for you throughout Mass Effect 2.

I'm really disappointed the Reapers' grand plan for extincting the galaxy seems to be big invasion forces and general explosions and stomping.

Commander Shepard suddenly got a hair transplant....

My thoughts:

1) OOH! grenades are back!

2) That's how throw will look?

3) 0_o The...Omni tool now comes with a concealed blade?

4) ...Those slow motion kills look fun...but they seem to break the flow of combat...

5) ...The time for planning is LOOOONG gone, whoever said they needed a plan.

6) ...I still want the game. I DO hope that despite the galaxy being in full scale war, we still get to take some time to chat with team members and shop around and stuff. XD

this a day one purchase for me so I'm definitely looking forward to it but I have wonder about the plot of the 3rd installment. *SPOILOLOILER* (although honestly if you're in this thread you know what happens in the previous ME games)

Worgen:
and then it will seem like the fleet is doomed until you find the kill the reapers button and press it and you win

Someone in another forum echoed that exact thought. I definitely understand your concern and I'm hoping that Bioware's creativity is better than that.

The omniblade reminds me of the energy sword from the Halo games.

Bioware, please don't bugger this up.

I've been waiting for this for a long time, I've been watching the ninnies at EA trying to coax the FPS crowd into buying the game by showing things going boom, and I'm now officially worried. If you take my story away and replace it with the "follow the glowing gumdrops and bloodtrails through the burnt out world to the big baddie that you have to shoot for half an hour to kill" plot of so many tired FPS titles, I will have to find a way to cause you pain.

Oh, and Ubisoft called. Something about wanting royalties...

Grenades are back! Hooray! Vehicles are sort of back! Hooray! Though I hope for more than a few rail shooter sections.

airrazor7:
this a day one purchase for me so I'm definitely looking forward to it but I have wonder about the plot of the 3rd installment. *SPOILOLOILER* (although honestly if you're in this thread you know what happens in the previous ME games)

Someone in another forum stated that the story will end with finding and pressing the "button" that saves the day. I'm hoping that Bioware's creativity is better than that.

The only ships at the Citadel in ME1 where the fleet stationed there and one Human fleet, which doesn't included the dozen of other task groups controlled by turian and asari and human, also the geth have a huge navy, and if you saved the rachni they will join the fight.

I went absolutely wild for this trailer. The new movement controls look actually useful, they finally have grenades again, and the fact that the new melee system uses the Omni-tool as a weapon makes me a happy camper.

I can't wait to start face-stabbing punks with my Omni-tool can-opener.

airrazor7:

Someone in another forum stated that the story will end with finding and pressing the "button" that saves the day. I'm hoping that Bioware's creativity is better than that.

Well, during the Tali-related missions in ME2, they hinted at some kind of... "stuff" going on with dark energy (it's eating Haestrom's sun). That's probably going to be pretty important to however it is we wind up stopping the Reapers.

Worgen:

No_Remainders:
Looks fun. Can't wait.

Worgen:
gameplay looks fun tho

well, lets look at the reapers, they have exterminated life from the galaxy at least once before, all the current tech is roughly based on what they left us to use, its heavily implied that for the most part they still have control over it, in other words, if the reapers show up they can just shut down the masseffect gates and pretty much strand everyone in their respective solar systems
The game also starts out with earth under attack, that should mean that earth is fucked and no amount of unfucking can prevent its fuckedness, while they might keep earth being fucked I have a feeling that the fucking of earth will wait for you all game till you amass a fleet and fuck the fuckers (heh, fun, ok enough of that) and then it will seem like the fleet is doomed until you find the kill the reapers button and press it and you win

Yeah, they could shut down the mass relays... but then they'd be stuck as well. They depend on that technology to fly around the galaxy, too.

And the Earth isn't necessarily screwed immediately. You are forgetting how long the Reaper genocide takes; it's not like the Earth dies after fifteen minutes of Reaper attack. Vigil made it clear that the omnicide takes centuries to complete, so we have some time. Add to that the fact that the majority of the geth actually oppose the Reapers, and that every military vessel in the galaxy is going to try and take them down, and we have a fighting chance.

mwnrnc:
I'm sorry, but this is just killing it for me. The Reapers plan for galactic omnicide is to land a bunch of mechanical behemoths on the planet (please God don't let it be the Reapers themselves) and destroy it by smashing buildings and shooting down flying cars one at a time?

Um... yeah? How else did you think it happened? And what else could they be, if not Reapers?

They are nearly invincible, so they land on a planet, and vaporize everything at their leisure. I'm not seeing how it's "killing it" for you.

I'm excited for this game. Yeah, they beefed up the combat a bit, but I'm actually pretty excited about that. Combat was a pain in the ass until you hit level 30 in the first game. And yeah, they showed off the dumber stuff (i.e. the more "shootery" gameplay, not the RPG aspects) at E3, but what did you expect? The only networks covering it are Spike and G4. They aren't exactly known for the overall maturity of their viewerbase, so it's expected that the demo would pander to the lowest common denominator.

Can't wait 'til March.

Oh, and a quick side note: that exchange at the end is classic Renegade Shepard. I approve.

Udina (?): We need a plan to stop them!

Shepard: We fight or we die. That's the plan.

Dr Snakeman:

airrazor7:

Well, during the Tali-related missions in ME2, they hinted at some kind of... "stuff" going on with dark energy (it's eating Haestrom's sun). That's probably going to be pretty important to however it is we wind up stopping the Reapers.

Worgen:

No_Remainders:
Looks fun. Can't wait.

Yeah, they could shut down the mass relays... but then they'd be stuck as well. They depend on that technology to fly around the galaxy, too.

And the Earth isn't necessarily screwed immediately. You are forgetting how long the Reaper genocide takes; it's not like the Earth dies after fifteen minutes of Reaper attack. Vigil made it clear that the omnicide takes centuries to complete, so we have some time. Add to that the fact that the majority of the geth actually oppose the Reapers, and that every military vessel in the galaxy is going to try and take them down, and we have a fighting chance.

sure they would be stranded if they destroyed the relays but considering they have control over them they could just shutdown relays until they were finished then turn them on and move someplace else then shut them down again but also the mass effect games have never been good at giving a sense of time, I mean chances are we are talking about at least a month time between the start of the game and getting everyone together just by the sake of travel time, it wouldnt be hard to destroy pretty much everything important on earth in a month considering how many of the reapers are shown in the trailers
The way I would have done it is that the galaxy believes in the reapers, I mean from the base you knock out you should have enough proof for anyone and masseffect 3 is mostly getting everyone sorted away and roughly working together so they can have a united front against the reapers and then you attack them while they are still mostly asleep, that way the numbers are cut down and it makes for a more realistic possibility of victory against them, instead of doing this "oh no, we are all doomed" thing that me2 kept doing, I mean does everything have to be at disaster levels? cant you have time to do something but its still urgent?

ryai458:
-snip-

I forgot about those details. You're right, there is the Geth, the Turian fleet, the Migrant fleet and the forces of the other races, although I don't think the krogan have an actual fleet and they have too much infighting. However, in the ME universe the Alliance is pretty much the army of all humanity and the entire Alliance fleet was there; there is also whatever army Cerberus has but they're clearly shown as an enemy (I bet the Illusive Man has somehow allied himself with the reapers and Cerberus has already proven that it does more harm than good for humanity). So the Alliance plus the Citadel fleet barely survived that incident.

It's obvious that there will be an ending where the day is saved and we all go out for cake, soda pop and ice cream (yet I could be wrong. they could "lose" or there may be an option to submit). However with the combined might of everyone else, the 3rd installment should be a more than just a challenging fight, no, rather it must be a hopeless one because it will be a bit strange if it became "Wow that was a hard fight last time but now that we have everyone on our side this will be easy. Actually we don't even have to worry cause Dak said he got this one!"

A cookie for the one who gets the reference.

Imagining my own Shepard in this video makes it 100x better.

"Want" and "Need" simply aren't strong enough words... I was hoping January... maybe February... March is so far away...

Person: 'We need a plan to stop them!'
Shepard: 'We fight or we die thats the plan.'
Me: 'How the hell did you become a Commander? Thats an awful plan, it doesn't help at all. Your ships named after a battle, they wouldn't have won if they just said Oh theres the enemy! Lets fight them! well how, with guns, knives, planes? You haven't thought this through at all have you Shepard?'
(Shepard chooses renegade interrupt and sets fire to the battle map)

I will cry if that's the music Clint Mansell's come up with for the game.

ryai458:

airrazor7:

The only ships at the Citadel in ME1 where the fleet stationed there and one Human fleet, which doesn't included the dozen of other task groups controlled by turian and asari and human, also the geth have a huge navy, and if you saved the rachni they will join the fight.

Plus there's the the whole fucking Quarian Migrant Fleet, said to be the largest known in the galaxy. Given the tech savvy nature of the Quarians (they built the GETH for Christ's sake), they're sure to equip their ships with some advanced weapon systems for the fight.

Hopefully by this time around Garrus has made some new contacts to further improve the Normandy's cannon. The one he got for the ship in 2 took out the Collector's ship fairly easily, and that thing was massive, and most likely had advanced shielding to boot. I'd like to see what an upgraded shot could do to a Reaper knowing that Garrus would be calibrating that thing all day, every day.

Seems like this video could use some random Duke Nukem quotes.

Looks awesome, though I'm surprised at the size of those reapers. They're supposed to be unusually large, and yet, those seem barely bigger the the Normandy 2.

That said, we need a countdown. I don't care how long the wait is: we need a countdown.

Urge to kill EA rising....

This is going to be the ultimate in dumbed-down, once-great series. There's WAY too much emphasis on the action.

Me3 is even more hollywood-ized than ME2 is. what a surprise! I won't buy anymore Bioware games it seems.

airrazor7:

ryai458:
-snip-

I forgot about those details. You're right, there is the Geth, the Turian fleet, the Migrant fleet and the forces of the other races, although I don't think the krogan have an actual fleet and they have too much infighting. However, in the ME universe the Alliance is pretty much the army of all humanity and the entire Alliance fleet was there; there is also whatever army Cerberus has but they're clearly shown as an enemy (I bet the Illusive Man has somehow allied himself with the reapers and Cerberus has already proven that it does more harm than good for humanity). So the Alliance plus the Citadel fleet barely survived that incident.

Incorrectamundo: It was the entire Alliance 5th fleet. I'm not sure we've ever been provided with a canonical figure for the full scope of the Alliance military (except that it consists of over 200 vessels), but it's supposed to be a rival for the naval forces of the Turian Hegemony (only with less dreadnaught-class vessels due to treaty restrictions), so it's big.

What you saw at the Citadel was just a fraction.

MiracleOfSound:
I will cry if that's the music Clint Mansell's come up with for the game.

Exactly my thought as well. I loved the music from ME1+2, it was beautiful to listen to, able to move between soaring inspiration and brooding desperation in moments without seeming forced, and it gave the games a unique audio componant.

If I have to spend the whole game listening to "FUCK YEAH, GEEEEEETAAAAARZ!" music, that's reason enough for me not to buy.

Bioware have really gone down the shitter in the past couple of years.

I don't know how a holographic blade could harm someone, but all I know is that I want one.
I think people are getting too worried about ME3's direction from this trailer. I am confident in Bioware's ability to bring this great series to as fitting conclusion. I'd also like to say that, in the past, Mass Effect trailers have rarely reflected the brilliance of the experiences of playing them. It's just my opinion, as it was a while before I got invested in the series, as it took the second one coming out to persuade me, and even then it was because of the reviews, not the trailers.

sosolidshoe:

Exactly my thought as well. I loved the music from ME1+2, it was beautiful to listen to, able to move between soaring inspiration and brooding desperation in moments without seeming forced, and it gave the games a unique audio componant.

If I have to spend the whole game listening to "FUCK YEAH, GEEEEEETAAAAARZ!" music, that's reason enough for me not to buy.

Yeah. I mean, I like me some 'Fuck yeah guitarzzzz' music but not in Mass Effect. Please let that just be some generic crap they found.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here