E3: Luigi's Mansion 2

Pages PREV 1 2

DaHero:

Lukeje:

DaHero:
I can't tell if trolling or just....really Nintendo?

Care to expand on that?

OT: This is a game me and many others have been waiting for since the original. It was a great game, but way too short. It thus looks like I'll have to get myself a 3DS soon...

Luigi's Mansion was just one of those games that I never could enjoy. Mario's always been about platforming and here it's...a Ghostbusters clone? It feels like Luigi couldn't have his own platformer so he settled for adventure titles. I mean, we couldn't give him his own big 3D adventure? Just stick him in a 3 story mansion with next to nothing for puzzles and hope it's good enough?

Why make a mario platformer starring luigi? They're not being mean to luigi, they're using a lower profile character to try different gameplay styles - lots of people complained when mario sunshine added the water cannon to marios platforming, so nintendo will probably keep the main mario games pure platformers. What would be the point in having luigi games that were also platformers?

Wait, 3D AND a strobe flashlight?

Seems like Nintendo is trying hard at destroying our eyeballs. Or give us a nice seizure, at the very least.

I'm glad to see this game make a return, I still haven't gotten a 3DS yet but it they keep putting out good games then i may have to get one soon.

I really should see if I can still find the original around, but I think I borrowed it from a friend but never beat it. (Is it weird that I feel bad that Mario is still trapped in that mansion as far as i'm concerned?)

monojono:

DaHero:

Lukeje:
Care to expand on that?

OT: This is a game me and many others have been waiting for since the original. It was a great game, but way too short. It thus looks like I'll have to get myself a 3DS soon...

Luigi's Mansion was just one of those games that I never could enjoy. Mario's always been about platforming and here it's...a Ghostbusters clone? It feels like Luigi couldn't have his own platformer so he settled for adventure titles. I mean, we couldn't give him his own big 3D adventure? Just stick him in a 3 story mansion with next to nothing for puzzles and hope it's good enough?

Why make a mario platformer starring luigi? They're not being mean to luigi, they're using a lower profile character to try different gameplay styles - lots of people complained when mario sunshine added the water cannon to marios platforming, so nintendo will probably keep the main mario games pure platformers. What would be the point in having luigi games that were also platformers?

Just for the record, Super Mario Sunshine was my favorite Mario game. I never realized that there was a big crowd that made a stink about the water-pack, but I loved it. It added a new dimension to make the platforming more interesting. I think it also played off on my slight OCD in that I couldn't leave a level until it was spotless. It was also great fun to just play with the different nozzles, and it didn't hurt that most of the environments looked really good and were just all around fun to explore... It's been too long...

I just know that I haven't been able to get into Mario Galaxy, and that making it star Luigi wouldn't have made it any better. There really is no reason why Super Mario 64 couldn't have been Super Luigi 64, but now that Mario is the established hero I don't know why you would want to make a game that has always been Mario's territory, but use Luigi (exclusively)instead, that would just confuse people.If they did make a platformer staring Luigi, I would expect it to have some very unique mechanics in order to justify the change. I actually like Luigi more than Mario, but I can't see any reason why Luigi should ever replace him. Like you said, Luigi is a good character for experimenting with, and I would hate to see him stagnate.

timeadept:
I'm glad to see this game make a return, I still haven't gotten a 3DS yet but it they keep putting out good games then i may have to get one soon.

This. I never really considered actually getting a 3DS, but with all these epic announcements, Nintendo is pretty much forcing me to get one. :)

OT: YAY! It's about time...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or