Trailers: Far Cry 3: E3 2011 Demo

Far Cry 3: E3 2011 Demo

Dan Hay, the producer for Far Cry 3, walks us through the demo of the game.

Watch Video

This... actually looks... good.

The animations are so fluid and realistic. If the gameplay isn't as repetitive as FC2, I might even consider getting it.

Hells to the fuck yeah! That actually looks amazing, though theres is no way I'm going to risk buying that on PC, looks like it'd make my computer burn a hole through the floor, whilst doing 1 fps XD

Looks really cool.
When i first saw that trailer/gameplay/demo, and didn't know it was far cry 3, i was really sure they guy would drown in that hole, and that would be the start of the game, and you would play another character. The dead bodies underwater looked quite freaky.

Looking forward to new vids and trailers of this.

That guy Roz still freaks me the fuck out and I've watched this trailer a half a dozen times.

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" He just looks and sounds so violently psychotic. Even the eyes tell the same story.

Looks like a mix of Far Cry 1 and Crysis.

I'm rather intrigued, I wonder how 'scripted' the takedowns are...that one where he stabs the guy from behind and kills the guy across the way with a thrown knife was interesting, but I'm curious about how much player control there was. Looks like a cover mechanic that's intuitive, with aimed and unaimed fire from cover. And it looks like some kind of xp system as well, levels maybe? Money and items instead of diamonds, that might be good...

But will the beautifully done environments and tropical rain forest actually HIDE YOU from enemies?

i hated the first one. enemies saw you already from a 1km away. the monsters really screwed up the fun and every one seems to know where you are. so stealth was pretty much impossible in part 1.
part 2 i dint bother to get. i know you dint had any monsters in it, but gameplay wise and the story was pretty poor. this trailer looked alright at least. as long they dont have any stupid monsters in it and the enemies dont see you already before you even over the hill, i might give it a try.

What really bothers me is the numbers that pop up whenever he kills someone. What the fuck is that?! Is that XP? Is this an RPG? It breaks the immersion completely and gets in the way. If there's no way to hide the numbers, I probably won't get this game. Seems like a small thing, but it's enough to ruin the immersion.

Also, I hate cover systems and "press X to stealth kill".

Everything else seems cool.

Even though I was never a Far Cry fan, or a FPS gamer, I might get this game just for the sake of the insane guy, he reminds me of the joker so much.

I hope the rest of the characters are as fleshed out as that guy, cause he was awesome.

FFHAuthor:
I'm rather intrigued, I wonder how 'scripted' the takedowns are...that one where he stabs the guy from behind and kills the guy across the way with a thrown knife was interesting, but I'm curious about how much player control there was. Looks like a cover mechanic that's intuitive, with aimed and unaimed fire from cover. And it looks like some kind of xp system as well, levels maybe? Money and items instead of diamonds, that might be good...

But will the beautifully done environments and tropical rain forest actually HIDE YOU from enemies?

WEll he did sneak for the greatest paert of that demo, so I hope that it does.

If thats Jim's real voice, he must be wearing undies with a gusset down to his knees.

he was taking random pictures at the bad guys, did he?

It looks interesting, but I have a few problems with this.

1. - Quick-time events - I just don't think that FarCry is the kind of game that lends itself to those.

2. - Seemingly more cinematic events than actual gameplay - Sure, it's early in, but the ratio of time spent in a scene to when you actually play seems to be increasing on the cinema side. I've played and beaten the original FarCry, and that game was maybe 5% cutscenes/95% gameplay. That sort of game I like better when it focuses on shooting.

I am NOT hot on the whole "pump 'A' to not die" thing. Gaming seriously needs to move past that shit into something a bit more creative.

But the only reason that annoys me so much, is because it threatens to wreck all the AWESOME buildup in that first scene. I wasn't even playing, and that nutjob getting in my face was downright terrifying.

Am I the only one that the video won't load for? Every other video works fine...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here