Trailers: Super Mario 3D: E3 2011

Super Mario 3D: E3 2011

New and familiar enemies and power-ups feature in Super Mario 3D.

Watch Video

Looks like fun. Wondering what other power-ups there might be. I'm really looking forward to this game. And the tune was catchy.

Also, inb4 complaints about a new Mario game.

Yes, that's all well and good, but can I mess with Mario's face prior to opening my save file?

That looks awesome, and I can only imagine it in 3D.

Damn this looks pretty damn fun, I would pick up a 3DS once the price drops. It shouldn't cost more than a Wii.

Looks promising. I do hope they intend to come up with a more creative title for it though.
Now if only I could afford a 3DS.

Verlander:
That looks awesome, and I can only imagine it in 3D.

If you already have a 3DS, you can do more than that, actually. Nintendo released all their E3 game trailers in the new eShop for free, and all of them are viewable in 3D.

That said, am I the only one thinking that this looks even better than Galaxy?

canadamus_prime:
Looks promising. I do hope they intend to come up with a more creative title for it though.

Now if only I would want to get a 3DS.

daltonlaffs:

That said, am I the only one thinking that this looks like simply a 3D remake of Super Mario Bros 3 and does not even look better than Sunshine?

I swear I had this idea a while ago: doing away with the collecting stars via objectives and having a 3D gameplay, linear A-to-B classic Mario style game.

LAWSUIT!!!1one

I jest, of course. If I ever decide to get a 3DS this will be on the list.

What confuses me is the fact that it's the tanooki suit, and yet it acts more like the raccoon suit, since Mario doesn't change into a stone statue.

What I liked most is the fact that Boom Boom, the boss of every fortress in Super Mario Bros. 3, is also a boss in this game! Now all I need are the Koopalings...

This lloks like a lot of fun. From what I've seen, it will have the health system and objectives of traditional mario games (one hit makes you small next hit kills, goal is just get to the end), but placed in a 3 dimensions (natch). These are the reason I buy nintendo consoles. The only thing I don't get is that these seems like such and obvious idea for a mario game. I just don't get why they didn't do it sooner.

Im going to need a change of pants

his voice is annoying, ill be playing this with the volume down.

Xman490:

canadamus_prime:

Now if only I would want to get a 3DS.

daltonlaffs:

That said, am I the only one thinking that this looks like simply a 3D remake of Super Mario Bros 3 and does not even look better than Sunshine?

What does that even mean? A 3d remake of a 2d game?.....If the association of the Tanooki suit is all you need to make that judgement, I guess every Mario game that has fireballs is a remake of the original....Oh and every game with a gun in it is a remake of Doom.

.......what the hell are you doing here?

OT: DL'd this trailer and it looks very nice in 3d. Some ghosting problems on the keyboard segment but other than that it looks great.
Catchy music too.....why can't I put my finger on what that melody is taken from? Somebody help me out or this is gonna drive me crazy....

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here