Trailers: Halo 4 Teaser

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Halo 4 Teaser

Master Chief wakes up to trouble in Halo 4.

Watch Video

Indeed he does.
What kind of wacky space hijinks has the Chief gotten into this time?

Looking forward to this game, however I fear that the glory of Halo's music has ended, Martin O'Donnell won't be composing Halo anymore image .

I am so looking forward to this!

Before the obligatory "where did John get the jetpack?!" question, I am just gonna put it out there that it is not a jetpack

It is a Zero G thruster pack, built into the MJOLNIR armour.

anyway yeah, I am really interested in where this is going, clearly the human-covenant war has come to a close, so what is the plan for the new enemy?

Thrust:
Looking forward to this game, however I fear that the glory of Halo's music has ended, Martin O'Donnell won't be composing Halo anymore image .

Woh, what? No no no! That can't be true :(

2 words...

"FUCKIN...EH!"

Can't wait...

Thrust:

Gah!! He can't leave! He's made some great music! Where did you hear that?

Baradiel:

Thrust:

Woh, what? No no no! That can't be true :(

Oh no. I didn't think about that. I am exited to see what O'Donnell will do with bungie's new IP.

anyway really exited about halo 4. hope 343 can continue moving the game forward without braking what was great to begin with

Can't wait for the story, and to see what new features will be added. Maybe we will get jetpacks!

The Spartan E1337:

Thrust:

Gah!! He can't leave! He's made some great music! Where did you hear that?

Martin O'Donnel works for Bungie. Halo 4 is being developed by 343 industries

I know it's gonna be one big hunk of fail, as it's not being developed by Bungie and the music done by Marty.... but I can't help getting excited anyway!!

I'm actually looking forward to this game. I don't get what Halo gets all the flak for. None of the games have been bad, they're all very entertaining and I've enjoyed all of them.

So what's the problem with making a 4th one?

"ahur dur they're milking franchise"

No fucking shit. It's making money so they continue developing it. It's a good game, so people continue playing it.

What's the problem here?

Can't a game be successful/popular without being attacked by the elitist indie loving shitheads that call themselves gamers?

My main interest is how the franchise survives post-Bungie. Halo has a cult following which speaks for itself however I can't help but wonder how much of that is due to Bungies magic touch and if another studio can replicate it.

I'm a huge Halo fan, but I think I'm going to sit this one out. The Halo IP is fairly rich, and I thought the Chief and Cortana's story was wrapped up nicely at the end of Halo 3. I honestly don't see the need for a Halo 4, except as a part of the Quest for More Money.

In all honesty, I was hoping after Reach for an MMOFPS where the players were either Elites or SPARTAN-3's. Take some good ideas from other games and add in player-activated power weapon, vehicle, and NPC squad calldowns rather than static spawns a la Section 8, and a commander role who can call down fire support and/or order structures to be constructed, demoed and reinforced. Basically, adapt the cool/innovative aspects of Section-8, Battlefield, and Tribes, put them in a persistent universe. I'd play the hell out of that.

We should have known it was coming.
We should have seen the signs.
We wanted another Halo game,
and for our sins, they made us one.

SteelStallion:
I'm actually looking forward to this game. I don't get what Halo gets all the flak for. None of the games have been bad, they're all very entertaining and I've enjoyed all of them.

No fucking shit. It's making money so they continue developing it. It's a good game, so people continue playing it.

What's the problem here?

Can't a game be successful/popular without being attacked by the elitist indie loving shitheads that call themselves gamers?

'Morrowind comes out. Bethesda states they are gonna make a fourth one'

'Oblivion 4 gets made. Nobody whines about creating a new one (Only whining was from the dumped-downness)'

'Halo 3 Comes out. They then release the Expansion reach claiming it is, THE LAST HALO GAME'

'Halo 4 comes out. They announce a new trilogy (People whine because... They feel god damn cheated, I call them naive for believing the marketing ploy in the first place)'

Eh, I don't know about this one, myself. I've always liked the Halo games, but having another game starring the Chief just feels like overkill. It's like having another movie about Aragorn or Sam after the events of Return of the King. You can, but there's no way it's gonna be as interesting as the world-ending shit they just survived, especially in this case since it's the beginning of a new trilogy.

I'd have rather they have the next Halo be about another dude, hell it could even be about another Spartan. What about Jun? He's still kickin' around, as far as I know. Give him a game. The Chief's story is done.

Bad case of "Dead Horse." Anyone?

Nikolaz72:

SteelStallion:

What's the problem here?

'Oblivion 4 gets made. Nobody whines about creating a new one (Only whining was from the dumped-downness)'

'Halo 3 Comes out. They then release the Expansion reach claiming it is, THE LAST HALO GAME'

'Halo 4 comes out. They announce a new trilogy (People whine because... They feel god damn cheated, I call them naive for believing the marketing ploy in the first place)'

In their defense, it was Bungie's last Halo game. This is entirely Microsoft's decision.

I just think it's too soon. Give me a spin off like Halo Wars or maybe a Halo action adventure title in 2012, then continue with the "Bungie replacement" Halo a year later. I'm a huge Halo fan, but even I'm skeptical. They also shouldn't have said "new trilogy". I was hoping for a brand new experience. I feel like the Halo bubble is going to pop, and that is disappointing.

Nikolaz72:

I don't know where you, or the people whining because they thought that was the end of Halo, have been hiding but Bungie was crystal honking clear that Reach was their last Halo title and that they were turning ownership of the IP over to 343, who would continue making Halo games.

Hurr durr they're milking the franchise.

But seriously, Halo 1 was pretty good. But 2 and 3 didn't really add anything interesting to the story or gameplay (besides online multiplayer). I didn't play ODST or Reach because my apathy for the franchise crested half-way through Halo 3. Seriously, how many times do I have to hide behind cover while my shields recharge in an alien structure full of identical rooms (apparently this is all you do in every Halo game).

Halo is mediocre as a franchise. The only reason it gets so much attention is because master Chief is Microsoft's mascot. I would much rather Microsoft use their money to fund a new IP. Who knows, maybe it supplant Halo and become the new hotness. But instead, we get 3 more freaking Halo games. Wonderful.

I'm looking forward to it. As long as Halo still supports local play and coop as well as online play, they'll still have several advantages on other console shooters that don't. Plus It'd be really interesting where Halo's story goes from here.

OMG! It's the Death Star! Vaders gonna kick his ass!

But seriously, this isn't the first time a game series has been milked. Ubisoft had the right idea, make a series that has a complex story with so many plot points that they need to make 4 games out of it,(not to mention the spin-offs.) Although I do love that series.

Hm... i though master Chief was a silent protagonist ( the only Halo game I've played was the first, and that was a long time ago. And i didn't play it a lot). I certainly didn't expect his voice to sound like that... Not sure what i expected.
Anyways, hope it's actually good, not sucky (not implying that other Halos sucked, I'm pretty sure they were great cause they've got a huge fanbase and an interesting universe)

Wait wait... please tell me I am not the only one to notice he magically pulled a jetpack out of his ass... where the hell was that in Halo 3? D:

I'll get exited when I see gameplay. But for now I'll just play the first two (the last three did nothing for me) again.

vrbtny:
I know it's gonna be one big hunk of fail, as it's not being developed by Bungie and the music done by Marty.... but I can't help getting excited anyway!!

Marty was getting boring. He peaked with the music to Halo 2, but by ODST it was getting too samey.

I just hope they find a way to mix up the gameplay, fighting the covenant was getting stale as hell. Bungie changed their mindset after Halo 2 and became all about the fan service, so they filled the game with jokes and removed the Flood, even though they were the only thing that mixed up the gameplay every now and then.

Im sick of the "epic" halo theme now. Nubs use it in all their videos.

But...anythings better than those Halo "Animated shorts"

Nikolaz72:

SteelStallion:

What's the problem here?

They said it was Bungie's last game.

Regardless, I don't see your point. They're still making a game many people clearly enjoy, and the quality of the game has been consistently good. What's the problem here? Do you have some code of honor that you need developers to stick by or something? Why does it matter in the slightest?

Setch Dreskar:
Wait wait... please tell me I am not the only one to notice he magically pulled a jetpack out of his ass... where the hell was that in Halo 3? D:

I know right, where the fuck was that every time I've been blown off a cliff or jumped a gap too early...

Master Chief is supposed to be dead. I'm thinking he's become like the microwave dinner of heroes- they thaw him out when they need something quick and convinient.

I can't wait for the agonized screams of Halo fans when this game comes out and sucks donkey balls. Then we can form an "our favorite franchises were ruined by morons" club together. I'll bring soda and chips to the first meeting.

In my opinion, A Halo game with out MC feels like a Mario Brothers game with out Mario. I do hope that this new studio doesn't totally destroy the franchise.

I knew it, the planet he's floating towards is probably Onyx. I thought about that at the end of Halo 3. My prediction is that there will be Forerunners in this game or at least the ruins of their civilisation.

Vanguard_Ex:

Setch Dreskar:

I know right, where the fuck was that every time I've been blown off a cliff or jumped a gap too early...

Read the 3rd post in this thread. So no, you aren't more observant than anyone else, and no it isn't a plot hole/mistake. Welcome to 3 days ago.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here