Trailers: Halo 4 Teaser

Pages PREV 1 2

Oh, I suppose it was only a matter of time.

legion431:
I knew it, the planet he's floating towards is probably Onyx. I thought about that at the end of Halo 3. My prediction is that there will be Forerunners in this game or at least the ruins of their civilisation.

Wasn't it made clear in Halo 3 that Humans are Forerunner? Thusly why only Humans could activate the Halo Rings?

Haters gonna hate.

I love Halo. I cannot wait for 4 (though a whole new trilogy seems to be pushing it, if I'm honest).

Seems like everyone suddendly got "excited" by this new trailer. I'm quite intrigued, but not excited.

I like Halo. Ironically, Halo is what got me into PC gaming in the first place. I liked how Halo 3 ended, cliffhanger and all. It just added to the mystery and mysticism of the series and so far, I liked how Bungie aproached the series, making spin-offs and prequels, instead of direct sequels. But the first time I heard that there was going to be a Halo 4, I couldn't help but to cringe and roll my eyes.

I don't have a 360 anymore and I may not have the chance to play their games, but I'd like to wish the best to 343 Studios and hope for the best (read: don't screw it up!).

As for the jetpack... well, maybe he was so badass to deny it's use up until now, who knows?.

Thrust:
Looking forward to this game, however I fear that the glory of Halo's music has ended, Martin O'Donnell won't be composing Halo anymore image .

He wont!
*crying face*
But hes awsome!

Owlslayer:
Hm... i though master Chief was a silent protagonist ( the only Halo game I've played was the first, and that was a long time ago. And i didn't play it a lot). I certainly didn't expect his voice to sound like that... Not sure what i expected.
Anyways, hope it's actually good, not sucky (not implying that other Halos sucked, I'm pretty sure they were great cause they've got a huge fanbase and an interesting universe)

He's always had a voice though XD
Although he barley talks at all in the first.

Cannot. Wait.

Mister Linton:

Vanguard_Ex:

Setch Dreskar:
Wait wait... please tell me I am not the only one to notice he magically pulled a jetpack out of his ass... where the hell was that in Halo 3? D:

I know right, where the fuck was that every time I've been blown off a cliff or jumped a gap too early...

Read the 3rd post in this thread. So no, you aren't more observant than anyone else, and no it isn't a plot hole/mistake. Welcome to 3 days ago.

Never said I was, as for the explination wasn't part of the reason the chief was able to survive where other spartans weren't because he had a beefed up experimental suit that sacraficed alot but had insanely boosted shields?

Then again they never tell us specifically what all gets changed in Halo 2 when Chief gets his new armor.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Seriously, why are they even ATTEMPTING this after the trainwreck that was Reach, and WHY are they trying post-Bungie?

Thrust:
Looking forward to this game, however I fear that the glory of Halo's music has ended, Martin O'Donnell won't be composing Halo anymore image .

Well that sucks :(

I like the cinematic physics of the teeny jet-packs working like a charm with little work, but the explosions behind him (which would require air) aren't forcing him into the vacuum of space.

also, am I the only one who could envision that AI he picked up yelling "HEY, LISTEN" repeatedly?

daemon37:
Hurr durr they're milking the franchise.

But seriously, Halo 1 was pretty good. But 2 and 3 didn't really add anything interesting to the story or gameplay (besides online multiplayer). I didn't play ODST or Reach because my apathy for the franchise crested half-way through Halo 3. Seriously, how many times do I have to hide behind cover while my shields recharge in an alien structure full of identical rooms (apparently this is all you do in every Halo game).

Halo is mediocre as a franchise. The only reason it gets so much attention is because master Chief is Microsoft's mascot. I would much rather Microsoft use their money to fund a new IP. Who knows, maybe it supplant Halo and become the new hotness. But instead, we get 3 more freaking Halo games. Wonderful.

It's a shame you didn't give ODST a try because I think it's one of the best Halo games, after the first one anyway. It tells a more human story in a more human location and there are more layers to the narative than people (including me) initially realise.

As for the samey locations... it kind of comes with the territory really. It's a game about aliens trying to destroy the universe... so yeah, you'll be shooting aliens in alien structures. I always thought the locations were quite varied and memorable (except for Halo 2) but that's my opinion.

You're right about Halo 2 though, it really didn't add anything and no one would have missed much if they just went straight to playing Halo 3 as far as the story goes. REach was ok... just nothing that hadn't been done before really. It was what we'd come to expect but polished to a fine sheen. The story seemed to lack some of the gusto that it should have had and being part of a group of 6 spartans didn't seem to really feel any more epic than simply being the chief.

I'll be playing Halo 4 but I won't be expecting too much. 343 are esentially just copying a formula by now and I'll be genuinely surprised if they actually come up with anything new. I'm more interested in Bungie's new IP since that is where the real talent is now.

Also, does anyone know if Robert Atkin-Downes and Jen Taylor are reprising their roles? I couldn't really tell from the trailer.

Mister Linton:

Vanguard_Ex:

Setch Dreskar:
Wait wait... please tell me I am not the only one to notice he magically pulled a jetpack out of his ass... where the hell was that in Halo 3? D:

I know right, where the fuck was that every time I've been blown off a cliff or jumped a gap too early...

Read the 3rd post in this thread. So no, you aren't more observant than anyone else, and no it isn't a plot hole/mistake. Welcome to 3 days ago.

Haha wow, easy to tell you're new here. I'm well aware that it isn't a plot hole, mistake or a matter of myself being more observant than anyone else.

You might want to observe my sentence again and learn the subtleties of the mythical 'joke'. It will come in handy next time you lose your shit over something really trivial.

Proverbial Jon:

daemon37:
Seriously, how many times do I have to hide behind cover while my shields recharge in an alien structure full of identical rooms (apparently this is all you do in every Halo game).

As for the samey locations... it kind of comes with the territory really. It's a game about aliens trying to destroy the universe... so yeah, you'll be shooting aliens in alien structures. I always thought the locations were quite varied and memorable (except for Halo 2) but that's my opinion.

Exploring an alien temple or space-ship isn't what bothers me. Its that all the rooms in them look identical, and it is therefore very easy to get lost. This is a mistake committed by many video games and movies. An easy fix this problem is adding in some clutter to make it seem like people actually use these rooms for purposes other than gunfights. I would assume most aliens eat, sleep, play games, etc. For example:

1) Hallways - benches, posters/tapestries and maybe some sculptures (Aliens need to sit down and have a break sometimes.)
2) Control rooms - MONITOR SCREENS!, keyboards, chairs, coffee cups (How do they control such advanced tech with such minimalistic controls?)
3) Barracks - beds, weapons, closets (I would assume aliens need to sleep sometimes...)
4) Mess hall - food, food prep equipment (They probably eat too...)
5) Recreation rooms - balls, scoreboards, couches, etc. (Everyone likes to play with balls from time to time.)

and most importantly...

6) CRAP ON THE FLOOR/WALLS! - signs, papers, panels, hatches, rocks, wires, etc.

Since they're alien rooms I would expect these objects would look... well alien. But they should be somewhat recognizable and stand out from the background. In summary, aliens have needs too.

Vanguard_Ex:

You might want to observe my sentence again and learn the subtleties of the mythical 'joke'. It will come in handy next time you lose your shit over something really trivial.

That was actually my mistake, I quoted the wrong post, I meant to only quote SD.
Bear in mind the people on a message board can't hear you, so the voice in your head that sounds really sarcastic, is thankfully absent for us when we read your posts. You new here or somethin'?

Mister Linton:

Vanguard_Ex:

That was actually my mistake, I quoted the wrong post, I meant to only quote SD.
Bear in mind the people on a message board can't hear you, so the voice in your head that sounds really sarcastic, is thankfully absent for us when we read your posts. You new here or somethin'?

You're actually now trying to be snide with me even after you made the mistake yourself? Wow, well done. That's dedication to arrogance.
Yeah, I'm new. 3 years new. Not a scratch on your 3 months.

Vanguard_Ex:

Mister Linton:

Vanguard_Ex:

You're actually now trying to be snide with me even after you made the mistake yourself? Wow, well done. That's dedication to arrogance.

WHAT HAS WHEATLEY BEEN EATING?!

Mister Linton:

Vanguard_Ex:

Mister Linton:

Hah, I'll admit that was a nice try to flip my exact phrasing back at me. Except, y'know, it doesn't really work since the whole thing started due to your stupid mistake, so...

Least its MC instead of some latino marine or anime kiddies. thats a pro.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here