E3: Catherine

Pages PREV 1 2

I knew this a long time ago...

I'm a super hardcore fan! Cool! ^^

But yeah, it's really surprising that they made a puzzle game out of it. Still, I'm guessing that the game is more about the story and choices, than the gameplay.

I'll probably get the game eventually.

"Its puzzles have the added incentive of not being timed, and when you reach the top, you get to shag Rapunzel herself. Or at least do something that makes her braid shake."

Too bad that the original character of Rapunzel is a small ugly guy...

EDIT: THAT WAS STUPID! ... I got Rapunzel and Rumpelstielzchen confused... Me bad...

I love Atlus, but my need for JRPG goodness will have to wait till September when Disgaea 4 comes out. Not a big puzzle game fan.

I recall reading on the Escapist a few weeks back that it was already determined to be a puzzle game. Its nice to have it officially confirmed though, and hearing about the morality meter is pretty cool!

Im still keen to check this out, thanks for the write up Susan. :)

So bascially image

If I remember correctly, Atlus' Aram Jabbari explains here that the "morality" meter is less jerk vs. nice guy and more chaos vs. order. I'd assume that there is a bit of overlap and that which of those extremes is "good" and which is "bad" depends on your attitude to relationships.

That video also shows and explains a bit of the gameplay and changes to the US-version of the game, for those who are interested.

hypovolemia:
If I remember correctly, Atlus' Aram Jabbari explains here that the "morality" meter is less jerk vs. nice guy and more chaos vs. order. I'd assume that there is a bit of overlap and that which of those extremes is "good" and which is "bad" depends on your attitude to relationships.

I don't know. It's still denoted by a serene blue cherub and a livid red imp.

I liked the way the monstrous baby tries to screw with the emotions of the player, though.

Susan Arendt:
Not only will this earn you achievements, but it will also make you a nicer guy, tipping the game's morality meter into the blue.

snip

The decisions you make aren't judged as good or evil, merely chaotic or restrained.

I'm not sure. If I was the person sending cheating bastards deadly nightmares, I wouldn't regard one man helping another to escape justice as a good thing.

If it isn't a strict moral thing like you say and only affects the Catherine character's behaviour, I think I'd prefer having my instinct for self-preservation wrestle with my instinct to help others. It makes it more juicy. :D

This is evidence, if ever needed, that sex gets your game lots of attention even amongst the most professional of game sites.

When I release my 360 and PS3 racing game, I'm just going to have a woman's arse on the front cover and watch the press go nuts with excitement.

Erm... I thought everyone knew this was a puzzle game.

Susan Arendt:

Z(ombie)fan:

I knew at least two months ago and I didn't even look the game up at all.

how is this news?

It's great that you're so well informed, but not everyone keeps up with game news as much as you do. E3 is a time when even more laid-back gamers tune in to find out what new games will be coming out. If you're super informed about Catherine already, then no, this demo wouldn't really provide you with much insight. But if you're the kind of reader who doesn't necessarily read gaming sites every day, and is just reading up on E3 news, then this lets you know what the game is about.

Many different kinds of gamers read The Escapist - we want to help them all, not just the super hardcore fans.

but this game was almost-never not adverstised as a puzzle game. your treatment of that as surprise is really jarring, since this is a knew article and ads for this game have around a while. even the first trailer which showed no gameplay you glimpsed one of the puzzle like levels.

they said it would be a erotic horror puzzler?

if at some point i am not being chased by a toothed vagina or some variation thereof i will be very disappoint

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here