Trailers: Kirby Wii: E3 2011

Kirby Wii: E3 2011

Eat friend and enemy alike to power up in Kirby Wii.

Watch Video

Sweet, I've been waiting for a proper Kirby game - I haven't played any before, but it always looked really cool :D

And that giant sword thing confirmed it for me!

That looks awesome. It looks similar to my first kirby game on the N64, which was also awesome. I can't wait to play this new addition to the kirby franchise :D

This just brings back old memories on the gameboy. Kirby is just one of those few series that looks like the exact same as it did years and years ago (there's still the same star blocks!) and we love it for sticking to how it always was. To bad im going to uni, or else i would've picked this up just for fun :P

Now I was going to get the game anyway (it's a traditional Kirby console game after all) however knowing that it has 4 player co-op, and not just any co-op characters, but the ability to play as Metaknight, King Dedede, and a spear wielding Waddle Dee blew my mind. This is epic!

My faith in Kirby has been restored!

Burn the Yarn.

-Dragmire-:

Burn the Yarn.

Epic Yarn wasn't an awful game, but it really wasn't like the usual Kirby game.

This looks awesome. Play as Dedede, Metaknight, Waddle Dee AND Kirby in co-op?

Nintendo, take my money.

Twilight.falls:

-Dragmire-:

Burn the Yarn.

Nintendo, take my money.

I'm just bitter because I didn't do my research and bought it new without realizing it was a Kirby game in name only. It felt like I bought a side scrolling Sonic game where I couldn't run.

Those star things look like they pretty much got copy-pasted from Super Mario Galaxy.
But colour me interested anyway. And pink.

Looks like a lot of fun, I cannot wait!

Twilight.falls:

-Dragmire-:

Burn the Yarn.

Nintendo, take my money.

Oh, you mean My First Kirby, a game that doesn't actually teach you the Kirby mechanics/platforming until the last world? The one that makes furnishing someone's apartment of more priority than being Kirby? If I wanted to play the Sims made of yarn, I'd play the Sims made of yarn. I wanted a Kirby game, and was lied to. By all means, it wasn't bad, but it also wasn't a Kirby game.

Hurray for going back to basics.

The trailer excited me to no end! But then I stopped to think about it. Player one is only going to be Kirby, while anyone else joining in is going to be the other characters. That kind of sucks...

But then again, Kirby has more powers, which seem to be required with going through different levels of the game.

Still, I can't believe that Bandanna Dee is actually joining in with the power trio of Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight! How awesome is that?!

I love it i'm so glad to finaly see nintendo doing something right
well done cant wait to buy it
and kirby really needs to come to pc
that would be fun

I'm so glad to see a new "classic" Kirby game instead of the latest yarnball version. Kirby's honor has been restored!

Woot!
I will certainly be all over this!

GOD DAMN FACEBOOK FEED.
I don't actually comment on the forums any more because of it...
Anyway hell yes, this is nice. I think 4-player co-op would be extreme overkill in terms of the game's predicable difficulty level ;-)

This fills me with child-like wonder once more.

Hee hee, cowboy kirby with his six-shooters dealing out hot lead, adorable.
(hey deviant artists, Kirby + Red Dead, do it!)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here