Trailers: Mario Kart 3D: E3 2011

Mario Kart 3D: E3 2011

Race against your friends on the beach, on a ship, and even underwater in Mario Kart 3D

Watch Video

I hate the sounds mario makes.

I still miss crash team racing.

These graphics fail to impress me, I know the 3DS can do so much better, but I'm not to worried as there's still time for improvement. I appreciate that they stuck the classic Mario Kart theme in there, it always saddens me just a bit when it's missing.

I'm glad they're actually trying to innovate this time around, the series has been lacking in that department for a while.

P.S. Thanks

Hate my opinion if you will, but my favorite mario Kart is Mario Kart DS (No not the original or N64)

This game looks like a Mario Kart DS2, and I'm perfectly okay with that.
As long as the controls are solid and not all loosey goosey like Mario Kart wii.

Also, hope they kept snaking in :-p

Is it just me, or is this series becoming more and more like Diddy Kong Racing?

For a second there, I thought they were just going to do a straight remake of the 64 one.

All I want to know is what characters will be playable in this one. Personally I hope the Koopalings will be. They could replace the babies, Dry Bowser and a few other unnecessary additions to do so.

It looks alright, especially how the go-karts actually look like go-karts this time around. The thing is, the levels looks like they were mostly lifted from the Wii version of the game. I liked Mario Kart Wii but I also like variety. It's cool to see what will surely be a $45 Mario Kart (that will remain at that competitive price until the Nintendo Occular Extraordinaire) but it won't be worth it for me if 2/3rds of the maps available are rehashes homages to maps from Christmas Past.

But hey, maybe they're going to save the new maps for DLC? 3DS has DLC right?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here