Critical Miss: Stowaways #3

Pages PREV 1 2

lacktheknack:
AH! I UNDERSTAND WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW!

...Please tell me there isn't a miscarriage subplot imminent.

Repeated. Hopefully the artists are alright, though. If they (hopefully) are, I see some kind of surreal Doomsday Arcade/Critical Miss crossover...they're invading, and she's having visions of it coming!

is there gonna be one of those strips where the character rediscovers there love of video games after become a bit amnesica coz its shaping up that way seeing as how she doesnt recognise a pikmin.

AlohaJo:
snip

The blonde is Sharon, their bitchy boss (whom nobody is happy to see), and the guy in blue shirt and red tie is Ashley, a co-worker.

Ashley is specifically an asshole co-worker, so nobody is happy to see either of them.

AlohaJo:

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that Erin's always had a tattoo of the Triforce on her left arm.

Yes, she has always had the triforce tattoo on her wrist. Also a little star and rainbow one on her thigh.

I kinda just realized last week that I hadn't read the earlier comics, so I ran through the entire archive. These details are still fresh in my memory as a result. Kinda makes me want to see the hospital's reaction if Charles tries to visit Elliot and Erin in the hospital, seeing as Charles is a bear (with a degree from Harvard Law).

Bluecho:
So wait, this comic actually has a plot now? And here I thought it was just a series of nonsequeter references of popular games released at the time. :D

It is mostly a series of non-sequitur game references, but within a framework where Erin is a game journalist, so she has co-workers, a boss, and a best friend/roommate (not entirely certain what Mollicent is). Occasionally storylines crop up, like "Children of Steam"/"God Emperor of Steam," and the creators did give us warning in the notes below the strip before this arc began that a storyline was about to begin.

thefreeman0001:
is there gonna be one of those strips where the character rediscovers there love of video games after become a bit amnesica coz its shaping up that way seeing as how she doesnt recognise a pikmin.

That or she's just confused at seeing one crawling over her wrist...

Also, it's been a while since I saw it, and I only played a tiny bit, so I may be completely wrong here, but does the first comic in this arc remind anyone else of the beginning of Eternal Sonata?

:( If this comic goes all Cerberus on us after this I will be very disappointed.

Sorry, who are the two on the last panel?

Kopikatsu:
'Course, the only basis for that is the Triforce symbol

She's always had that. It's a tattoo she has. If you look in other comics you can see it there too.

As much as I loved the random comics about whatever game you happened to make fun of, these continuation ones make me so much more eager to read them. Can't wait for the next one!

This seems to be turning into a hangover story. What`s with the pikmin?

I'd hate to reiterate a point made in the last page's comments, but where is her favored fancy rat Suchong?

She's just hallucinating... right?

HankMan:
Her head is a bit M*A*S*Hed but at least her memory of video-games hasn't been Scrubbed out.

I have my Hawkeye on you, if I notice anything strange I'll have to Radar it in to HQ.

OT: This is a weird arc tbh, was it Elliot who was driving then?

HankMan:
Her head is a bit M*A*S*Hed but at least her memory of video-games hasn't been Scrubbed out.

Is your reason for existence to make puns? If so, congrats, you have earned the life time achievement award for making those dying breed of jokes.

Why do I get the feeling of dread that I normally get right before someone reveals they have amnesia on TV?

Uh oh, looks like she might have a minor case of severe brain damage.

why do i have this little feeling that this has something to do with the 3DS? and if it does i totally called it

where are the jokes?

Isn't it possible that the Pikmin is her pet rat/hamster/guinea pig/thing?

TheIronRuler:
I think I know what this is about.
She's now sees video-game characters among reality, and she's the only one capable.
Therefore either one of the following is possible:
A. She is completely insane and the head trauma caused by the car accident caused this.
B. She has woken up from the matrix and realized that our world and the video-game world is the same, but she's the only one to notice it so far.

Quit spoilin'!

HankMan:

Be ashamed of yourself.

You remember when these comics used to be funny and about video games?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here