Trailers: Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter

Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter

In the aftermath of the spellplague, adventures begin anew in the city of Neverwinter.

Watch Video

Interesting, looks as though it might by an action/RPG, though couldn't really determine. Also looks as though they have a multitude of races available. Will have to look further into it, definitely keeping an eye on it.

This had better be better than that Daggerdale a few weeks backs.
Also, someday I'd love to see a game in the Eberron setting.

Nocta-Aeterna:
This had better be better than that Daggerdale a few weeks backs.
Also, someday I'd love to see a game in the Eberron setting.

Amen, on both counts. Though there already is an eberron based free-to-play MMORPG and a some weird rts thing.

Not a lot of information though in this trailer. But I would be interested in playing it as long as it conforms closely to the D&D ruleset.

If it's like the original NWN and NWN2, I'm all on board. If it's like the new action "D&D" game.. I'll pass.

Mouse_Crouse:
If it's like the original NWN and NWN2, I'm all on board. If it's like the new action "D&D" game.. I'll pass.

Thats what I was thinking.

4th edition? No, thanks.

As of late Wizards seems to be involved in self abuse of their own IP... DnD games haven't been good in forever. I swear if it's another choice between human fighter, dwarf cleric, and female human rogue the game will fail hard.

This game is a blasphemy. I want my damn 3.5.

Mouse_Crouse:

I would have really rather have had Neverwinter Nights 3. But after the spellplauge, I don't think that would have panned out. BTW, what is it about games set in Forgotten Realms named after places near the Sword Coast? Neverwinter, Baludr's Gate, Icewind Dale?

Anyways, I hope it is a good game.

Cool, I didn't know about this.

I don't give a shit if it's D&D 3.5 or 4.0 (unless 4.0 is something like "roll 5+ to kill the dragon"), as long as it will be a deep, complex RPG. I'm semi-hyped.

When watching this trailer, I just had the awesome idea of what an awesome idea it would be to remake Neverwinter Nights and its expansion packs..
..But, since this is after the Spellplague and all, I guess that's not going to happen in this game. Still, I'm going to be incredibly excited if this comes out with 3 or 3.5 edition rules - heck, the only one I hate is 4th edition. And if it comes out on PC.

Mouse_Crouse:

Hmmm, well at least Obsidian aren't there with their special glitch adding +5 character trait.

Wouldn't mind some gameplay but its still early days and anything that has Neverwinter in the title is awesome until proven not.

I'm interested but unsure how it's going to work out. The last 2 Neverwinter games (Neverwinter Nights 1+2) were developed by Bioware, seen as they weren't mentioned in the trailer I'm not sure it's made by the same company.

Not saying that it can't be good, just saying that most of the writing for the last games were BioWare. Still interesting though.

I'm weary of buying D&D games after DDO and daggerdale. Both seemed to have promise, but were only 'meh' in the end. DND should go back to it's roots of being a strategy turn based rpg with lots of roleplay possibility. Not the action crap of 'go to dungeon, kill, sell/buy, go to dungeon, kill, ect'

Errf i wish craptic would stop touching ips and making poor games you can finish in a week.
Curious if there expecting people to play a monthly fee for this 'Co-op rpg'. Probably seeing as craptics other games have all been co-op rpg lite.

A new NeverWinter game?! FUCKING SWEEEEEEEET!

*Sees blue dragon* JIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

All of you hoping for a deep, complex rpg might want to brace for a disappointment.
They already said it is going to be a real-time mmorpg-ish action-thing.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here