Trailers: Hitman: Absolution

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hitman: Absolution

Agent 47 deftly murders his way to the target in this trailer for Hitman: Absolution

Watch Video

What a video. I thought it was a movie for a a few seconds lol.

This is very very nice. You know what else would be nice? How about a "Hitman Collection" for those of us who missed a couple of the game? But yes, this looks awesome. Would have preferred to see gameplay, but this is still good.

I hope the game is nothing like this, far too action-y to be hitman.

Secret world leader (shhh):

Same here. That's not how you silently assassin, Agent 47. It's like they injected him with a rambo gene or something.

That's is not the hitman i recall playing. Where all the stealth and cover up?
It more resembles the hitman movie where they added to him needless
emotions and action scenes insted of stealth.

I like it, mainly becasue i love the stealth of the hitman games but also like the fact that they are ok with you killing a guard or two these days to get to your objective, sometimes because its easier, sometimes because a guard caught you and you don't want to restart the level.

Can't get a SOTC sequel but I WILL settle with MOAR 47! Man I love this game series!!! If only these games came out as often as COD lol

That did not exactly get him a Silent Assassin rating.

Not very revealing on content: the only thing it showed was that there apparently is some female role in the game.

And that he's good at killing, but that's news older than Jesus.

Turbobutts:

Same here. That's not how you silently assassin, Agent 47. It's like they injected him with a rambo gene or something.

It probably won't be like that for real. Or at least, I hope not. Trailers are just to draw people in, after all, and while we may like to go for Silent Assassin in games, it would make a shit trailer.

Looked pretty good.

I dont mind them fleshing out the combat its something I always felt was kind of lack luster in the series so long as it never becomes mandatory (barring the Requiem mission in blood money which felt neccessary to the plot)

Turbobutts:

It probably won't be like that for real. Or at least, I hope not. Trailers are just to draw people in, after all, and while we may like to go for Silent Assassin in games, it would make a shit trailer.

I don't think that trailer represented a contract at all - the woman clearly knows who he is, and since he just murdered his way through a host of armed security to get to her I'm guessing she didn't want to see him, and that the bodyguards he just wiped out were there specifically to protect her from him.

That would obviously differ from the ordinary scenarios of the Hitman games where you're pitted against targets that may be extremely paranoid and well guarded, but they aren't specifically safeguarding themselves against you, because they don't know who you are. No, that wasn't a job, that was personal - depending on the purpose of that meeting the direct and extremely violent option might be the only workable choice; we're not really sure why he's there but the fact that he didn't just shoot her when her back was turned suggests that it's either important to 47 that she sees it coming, or that he wants to talk before pulling the trigger.

So that trailer works, because I'm super curious who that was - the only recurring female character in the series is Diana, and at the moment I can't think of any reasons he'd want her in the ground so if that's who we saw in the shower I really want to know what got us to this point.

I actually liked the more physically aggressive aspect of the 47 in the trailer.. as long as the game itself is largely still the stealth oriented play experience the series is known for.

I would quite appreciate the ability of 47 to actually kick ass if he had to as that's always been one of my main issues with not only Hitman but with most stealth games. You're supposed to be a highly trained perfect killing machine and yet when you get into anything less than gun range combat you're totally useless. 47 should by all rights be just as precise and deadly in melee combat as he is at ranged combat or in stealthy assassinations. The game and the situations it presents to you should be what causes you play stealthily, not gimped abilities that totally go against the concept of the character you're playing as should you happen to be detected.

Hey, can that woman be Diana? The voice kinda sounds right, she knows his codename, if I remember right she was a redhead, more or less. So, anyone agrees, or is this just speculative speculation?

I remember her as having black hair, and the voice doesn't seem to have the right accent. Close, but not quite.

Wait, is the trailer supposed to be that short?

FUCK YEAH! Ive been waiting for a new hitman since Blood Money came out on the PS2...my fave series of all time

Mr. Omega:
This is very very nice. You know what else would be nice? How about a "Hitman Collection" for those of us who missed a couple of the game? But yes, this looks awesome. Would have preferred to see gameplay, but this is still good.

^ This needs to happen, especially if the new game is geared towards more casual players...people should experience how hard and awesome the early games were.

It's not Hitman, it's like some shitty spinoff. Action-ing the game didn't work for Thief and Splinter Cell and if you ask me, Hitman is the stealthiest of the bunch. And now he goes beating people up with golf clubs? Seriously.

Yeah, I reckon that was Diana. Sure sounded like her, plus she knew his name.

I'm drooling in anticipation of this game, but it does sort of seem like it got the Splinter Cell: Conviction treatment, in that it's more of an action title than a stealth game.

More like Hitman: Conviction, amirite?

superbatranger:

If you mean "was it supposed to end after like 27 seconds", then no, I had that problem myself twice in a row - it's supposed to be about a minute and a half in length. I clicked through to the comments and then followed the link back and the next time it loaded properly.

gyroscopeboy:
FUCK YEAH! Ive been waiting for a new hitman since Blood Money came out on the PS2...my fave series of all time

Mr. Omega:

^ This needs to happen, especially if the new game is geared towards more casual players...people should experience how hard and awesome the early games were.

Here ya go all four Hitman games in one place.

http://www.amazon.com/hitman-ultimate-contract-PC-UK/dp/B002FL50UW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1307765405&sr=1-1

Deranged Killer is written all over this. So he's got a gun but he punches everyone and break stuff? Come on.

Less action, more sniping.

I find it funny that the Catherine trailer required age confirmation but not this.
OT: Love it. Very much looking forward to buying this game, if it turns out like I think it will.

CD-R:

gyroscopeboy:

Mr. Omega:

http://www.amazon.com/hitman-ultimate-contract-PC-UK/dp/B002FL50UW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1307765405&sr=1-1

Cheers! I have them all on PS2 though :D

I thought Diana would be older. I always thought of her as a M.

Gildan Bladeborn:

superbatranger:

If you mean "was it supposed to end after like 27 seconds", then no, I had that problem myself twice in a row - it's supposed to be about a minute and a half in length. I clicked through to the comments and then followed the link back and the next time it loaded properly.

Damn, it's still stopping at 27 seconds. I've tried like 10 times. Maybe it'll load properly tomorrow.

gyroscopeboy:

CD-R:

gyroscopeboy:

Even the very first one because that one was only released on PC?

Hitman was always playable in a variety of ways. I've done most of the missions across the franchise in every way from Silent Assassin to Mass Murderer, it's all good fun :)

And yes, 47's more known as the silent killer, but he's not particularly loud here, just... unstoppable. He's just moving through to his target and eliminating everything that comes in his path. It's not a bad idea when trying to get to a certain type of target, you don't want to be interrupted by a stupid guard if you're gonna be needing some time with the target. And from the looks of it, that's 99% certain to be Diana, so what we're looking at is very likely not to be a simple elimination contract.

Vrach:

Hitman was always playable in a variety of ways. I've done most of the missions across the franchise in every way from Silent Assassin to Mass Murderer, it's all good fun :)

And yes, 47's more known as the silent killer, but he's not particularly loud here, just... unstoppable. He's just moving through to his target and eliminating everything that comes in his path. It's not a bad idea when trying to get to a certain type of target, you don't want to be interrupted by a stupid guard if you're gonna be needing some time with the target. And from the looks of it, that's 99% certain to be Diana, so what we're looking at is very likely not to be a simple elimination contract.

Quoted for truth, The hitman games have always been about going at it however you want, it rewards you for being discrete, but the important part is the the target dies.

CD-R:

gyroscopeboy:

CD-R:

Even the very first one because that one was only released on PC?

Well, no...but i have played it :) I have a mac anyways haha

Turbobutts:

yeah I love the other games as much as you guys but 47 sitting in a closet for 2 minutes does not make a great trailer also to be honest I killed more often then you were probably supposed to any way.

Hopefully this is just showing one of many paths to a target. Don't forget that even though you could go through the games as a Silent Assassin, you could also massacre the place dressed as a clown or santa clause.

And yes, that must be Diana. Maybe he doesn't know she's the only reason he survived the events of Blood Money.

Sgt. Sykes:
It's not Hitman, it's like some shitty spinoff. Action-ing the game didn't work for Thief and Splinter Cell and if you ask me, Hitman is the stealthiest of the bunch. And now he goes beating people up with golf clubs? Seriously.

Did you even play blood money?

You could throw knives, use shears, tranq guns, hammers, nail guns, baseball bats, assault rifles, shotguns, uzi's, bottles.

You could blow up barbeques, collapse glass roofs on people, explode houses, punch out an entire squad of armed guards.

You can throw people off ledges, poison dogs, throw people in the back of garbage compactors.

Since when was a bit of melee combat NOT hitman?

dogstile:

Did you even play blood money?

You could throw knives, use shears, tranq guns, hammers, nail guns, baseball bats, assault rifles, shotguns, uzi's, bottles.

You could blow up barbeques, collapse glass roofs on people, explode houses, punch out an entire squad of armed guards.

You can throw people off ledges, poison dogs, throw people in the back of garbage compactors.

Since when was a bit of melee combat NOT hitman?

Well you could always do a lot of random shit in Hitman, but there were always two points to being 47:

1) Being unseen. Best to avoid any contact
2) Having multiple ways to achieve the goal

The trailer doesn't show any of those - instead it focuses on the melee brawl. It might not be the focus of the game, but I'll be skeptical until they release another trailer showing some stealth. Again, making an action game didn't work for Splinter Cell, won't work for Hitman.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here