Trailers: Gotham City Impostors

Gotham City Impostors

Batman and Joker impersonators face off in Monolith's Gotham City Impostors

Watch Video

...That is so like Team Fortress 2.

I don't know what ever to be happy or angry but I'm sure as hell picking it up.

This looks surprisingly good. Or, at least, interesting.

Is it just me, or was this what Bulletstorm was supposed to be?

Personal Breakdown: Eh... I'm so far unimpressed, mainly because we've only seen one map and a handful of characters. I feel there's a story to be said here, but it could be ruined by overly focusing on multiplayer.

Wait, so is this a batman game without batman characters....?

That's gotta be an Arcade game.
It would do terribly at a full price judging by that trailer.

Well at least it can be called an original idea no one has ever considered before
But is it a good idea? I'm not sure

Wait wait... This is a real game? Thats getting out? Wtf? I mean, Ive seen worse ideas... but it looks like a bad TF2 clone that got its hands on a batman licence. Someone in the process of making this MUST have said "ok guys, this is fun and all... but seriously, this wont sell, AT ALL!".

So DC comic decided to jump onto the TF2 bandwagon? There seen to be a few of those lately.

I guess the thought it "Batman sells" now. I don't like it.

Light-hearted, inexpensive fluff if this trailer is to be any indication of what's coming.

That being said, if it's cheap and fun, why not?

*reads a couple of previews* Oh hell. Unlockable content. Never mind...

The only way I might play this is if it came with Arkham City or I could download it for free after buying Arkham City. And even then, probably not.

Dr. wonderful:
...That is so like Team Fortress 2.

I don't know what ever to be happy or angry but I'm sure as hell picking it up.

As much as i love TF2 and Batman i don't think i'll be getting this since it doesn't seem or feel like Gotham at all it's just a bunch of people who went insane and decide to don capes and makeup and grab guns and pit war against each other in smallish maps which is like TF2 in a sense.

Also the colours are slightly messed and the graphics seem a bit off for me but thats just what i see.

Why are games these days ripping of TF2?

So did someone bet someone else they couldn't make a Batman themed FPS?

Or, more likely, someone finding himself with a Batman licence and no idea of how to make something that wasn't instantly beaten to a pulp by Arkham Asylum comparisons other than to go entirely the other way.

Biodeamon:
Why are games these days ripping of TF2?

After years of ripping off CoD to little success, they're trying to rip off a good FPS now. (Spoilers: It'll have little success as well.)

I would need to see more details on this, but I'm getting a "TF2/Brink running face first into a costume shop" feel right now. As it stands, It looks like what happens when Fanboys/girls take the "who is better" flame war off the net and start using real guns. Come to think of it, if this ever happened in real life, I can see some Darwin award winners in the making.

I'm intrigued. If nothing else it's a new angle on the batman franchise.

I'm also curious to find out how (or if) the real Batman fits into this game.

The Random One:
So did someone bet someone else they couldn't make a Batman themed FPS?

Or, more likely, someone finding himself with a Batman licence and no idea of how to make something that wasn't instantly beaten to a pulp by Arkham Asylum comparisons other than to go entirely the other way.

If I had to guess I'd say someone had a TF2 clone already in development then at some point had a Batman license fall into their lap.

That trailer brought back memories of playing a PS2 007 game with my cousin, running about rooftops with a grappling hook shooting!

SAT4NSLILHELPER:
If I had to guess I'd say someone had a TF2 clone already in development then at some point had a Batman license fall into their lap.

Man, what's with all the TF2 clones lately? *cough*Brink*cough*

Does i'm the only one to have flashback of ShadowRun on PC and 360? ShadowRun by name only...

This reminds me of Kick-Ass. Which is always good. Too bad it's only multiplayer.

Reading about this game, I wasn't so sure but seeing it in action made me a believer. They've turned Batman into TF2 and it looks awesome! I can't wait to download this one.

*Cowers under his desk* Make the bad games go away mommy, make the bad games go away.

Ahhh, I remember that arc... a bit thin to spread out into an entire game though.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here