Miracle of Sound: Wasteland Soul (Fallout 3)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Oooh nice, it reminded me a bit of Pearl Jam at the start, not so much through the rest of it. I think it would have been better if it was heavier. I'm not just saying that because I love heavy music, but I think it was a bit light and almost cheery, which I don't think was really what Miracle of Sound was going for in this one. Still a good song, but I dunno if i'd listen to it if it wasn't about Fallout.

Good relaxing tune, better than the last few in my opinion.

Makes me remember some of the interesting parts of Fallout 3, but mostly how boring it is to travel in a bland environment (story driven as it is).

Awesome as usual. I say, would it be possible to download these songs as mp3 ?

I had a feeling we'd be seeing something Fallout 3 related coming up here (listened to that interview you did). Feels like genuine labour of love, man.
Wonderful song, a bit of a departure from your usual stuff, but that just shows you've got range!

I daresay you've found your calling somewhat with this whole game song stuff! :D

I was so bad at that game, but you're really making me want to play it again now!!

GrizzlerBorno:
I watched this before Zero Punctuation. I think that pretty much says it all.

This. And this one is my favorite out of the last few.

Dana22:
Awesome as usual. I say, would it be possible to download these songs as mp3?

Right here. Or I think he has them up on iTunes.

This is your best song yet! Keep it up!

Sexual Harassment Panda:
Do you do the mixing yourself?

Yep, I use Cubase and Ableton.

Sonicron:
That. Was. Awesome.

Can't say more right now. Struck dumb by awesomeness.

<3 Thanks buddy

Spygon:
I have waited for this for ages as Miracle said he was going to do something special for fallout 3 and he deffintly did not disappoint.

This was the hardest song so far!

Partly because it's my favourite game, and partly because it just seemed to take forever to get the right feel to the vocals.

I did over 40 takes of the first line alone... the little gravel on 'Silver Sky' was a happy accident.

The Last Nomad:
I think it was a bit light and almost cheery, which I don't think was really what Miracle of Sound was going for in this one.

Actually that was exactly what I was going for, as bright and cheery is exactly how I get playing F3... wanted to capture that feeling rather than the dark themes of the game.

GrizzlerBorno:

GonzoGamer:

GrizzlerBorno:
I watched this before Zero Punctuation. I think that pretty much says it all.

Love the montage. What mods did you use to make it look so sharp? I know that's not bare bones... or do I just need to play it on a better pc?

That is DEFINITELY not bare bones, you are right. Looks like someone went to town on the weather and ambiance mods.

I wish I knew about mods when I played FO3. Maybe I would've liked it much more if it didn't look like dirt on my screen at all times. I KNOW I enjoyed New Vegas much more than FO3 because I put a metric fuck-ton of visual mods on it, just to spruce it up.....

Yea. I think if I got Fallout 3 looking that nice on my pc, it would crash constantly. Not that I don't want to at least try. Any ideas on the specific mods?
Speaking of crashing constantly, that's one of the reasons I didn't like New Vegas more than 3. The other reason was that the Mojave felt like a cramped Hollywood studio backlot as opposed to the Capital wasteland which felt like a real place with deep and well spaced locations and random encounters in between those locations. New Vegas made some good improvements but my wife & I just enjoyed F3 much more.

GonzoGamer:

Love the montage. What mods did you use to make it look so sharp? I know that's not bare bones... or do I just need to play it on a better pc?

I'm pretty sure it's the XBOX 360 version - looks almost identical to when I play it.

Russ Pitts is the man to ask though, he made the video!

My favorite song you've done so far. Great job man.

The best one since Batman. And I really, liked the Mind of the Bat, so that's saying something.

Hell, I like them all. Keep up the good work, it's much appreciated!

GrizzlerBorno:

OT: Your songs were great from the start, but I feel like the accompanying footage gets better and better with every video. Do you film the stuff MoS, or someone from the Escapist?

Russ Pits does the visuals - this week's one was particularly good, I think he mentioned it was his favourite one so far :)

TimeLord:
Brilliant! Fantastic, Molto bene!

Whatever the Escapist is paying you, it isn't enough ;)

Lol....

HT_Black:
Now I'm gonna go and get my copy of Fallout 3 and put it in my Xbox, and I'm going to hate it but I'm going to keep playing it anyways because I'll have this song stuck in my head.

My advice if you don't enjoy Fallout 3 - head off in a random direction and see what you stumble upon. Best part of the game for me :)

Totally called it!

Anyway, great song. Though I always felt Fallout 3's sky was more green than silver. Blue if you install this awesome mod.

I love this song, I've listened to it at least 5 times already.

This is the first time I've watched one your videos and now I have to go back and watch all your others, hopefully I'll enjoy them as much as this one.

MiracleOfSound:

TimeLord:

Lol....

I take it from that that the Escapist don't pay you for supplying them with content?

In that case. ESCAPIST GIVE MIRACLE SOME MONEY!

I like it! A strong start to a promising series

TimeLord:

MiracleOfSound:

TimeLord:

Lol....

I take it from that that the Escapist don't pay you for supplying them with content?

In that case. ESCAPIST GIVE MIRACLE SOME MONEY!

Hehe, no, they do alright... I was just laughing at your wonderful Italian praise :)

Irridium:
Totally called it!

Anyway, great song. Though I always felt Fallout 3's sky was more green than silver. Blue if you install this awesome mod.

Fellout is awesome... and apparently it actually makes the game run better, as it takes away a lot of the mist and fog effects.

Best mod I got to try though was DC Interior Project - that was exactly what DC needed.

Reminds me of the Dark Tower Series and Roland's endless travels in a world that has moved on.

GrizzlerBorno:
OT: Your songs were great from the start, but I feel like the accompanying footage gets better and better with every video. Do you film the stuff MoS, or someone from the Escapist?

I think what's happening is I'm getting better and better at editing the video to Gavin's songs. Thank you for noticing. :)

It also probably helped that I had over 400 saves from 350 hours of gameplay from which to pull visuals on this one. I probably spent more time capturing footage for this one than any of the others, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

I'd hardly call it a haunting song, but goddamn was it great. I can't wait for this to show up on iTunes.

GonzoGamer:

Also, I never saw Prime do battle with flying vertibirds.

The footage is pulled straight from the Xbox 360 in HD. It already looks pretty sharp right out of the box. Especially the landscapes. The game's night/day cycle also makes getting interesting shots in good lighting pretty simple. I captured a few shots in one light set-up, then "waited" a few hours for a different light, repeat, repeat, etc. I probably captured a little over an hour of footage total for just the 5 minutes of video. This video was pretty time-consuming, but I love the game almost as much as Miracle, so it was worth it.

The vertibird fight happens right after Liberty Prime emerges from the Pentagon. It's one of the best cinematic shots in the game, but you have to be looking in the right spot, or you'll miss it. That's part of what makes Fallout 3 so awesome.

Ahh, Fallout 3. So many hours well spent, SHUT UP, THEY WERE!

I don't even know how to respond to that.
The melody of that was haunting yet just a tad jaunty and the vocals really finished it off.

Well Done mate.

Nice song.
Though not my kind of song.

Ah well, you still have some awesome songs.

hmm which song should I listen to then? Mortal Kombat or Batman?
*goes back and sets one of them on repeat...for the whole day...again*

-V

Outstanding. My fave one so far. Loved the hooks.

Edit. I watched this before todays Zp. Highest praise I can give really.

Awesome Job! If I was a young teenage girl, I'd prolly give you my V card for this.

This song is awesome, and the video really sells it too.

It's a shame I cant Download it from somewhere.

CardinalPiggles:
This song is awesome, and the video really sells it too.

It's a shame I cant Download it from somewhere.

You will be able to on the 29th :)

Russ Pitts:

The footage is pulled straight form the Xbox 360 in HD. It already looks pretty sharp right out of the box. Especially the landscapes. The game's night/day cycle also makes getting interesting shits in good lighting pretty simple.

Having played F3 on PC and 360 I must say they did a really good job of making it look nice on the 360. Most textures are pretty high and the lighting effects are great, especially those big sunsets.

Absolutely fantastic.

That was a nice surprise. I had expected it to be the normal rock style, but the ballad was REALLY good.
The chorus was great, and it really captured the feel of walking around in the wasteland.
It seemed like the song someone who never knew a time before the bombs dropped would sing.
This was worth the wait.
Now, I just need to find that tree guy.
While I liked the Mortal Kombat song (I'll be getting it when it pops up on Itunes), it was nice to hear a new song with a bit more variety in the lyrics.
Party filled the goal of being a good party song. This is most certainly an excellent ballad.

MiracleOfSound:
Wasteland Soul (Fallout 3)

A haunting, soulful ballad for the post-apocalyptic RPG Fallout 3.

Watch Video

I didn't like the mortal kombat one, but this one I fucking love.

Vocals were great, and the bass guitar was a nice touch to it.

wow... just... wow, I almost cried... I LOVE that game, sooooo much~ and this song hit a home run with me....thanks....

Really well made, keep up the awesome song writing.

Wow dude.
You promised it would be good...
You didn't, however, say that it would be AWESOME!

Top job Gav!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or