Miracle of Sound: Wasteland Soul (Fallout 3)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Loved it! Not as catchy as the songs 3Dog plays, but great!

*whistles 'Way Back Home'*

Nice song, great visuals - excellent work as always!

Good music. Can we get a new picture of the guy with the bass guitar for the logo though? The current one is somewhat unsettling.

Awesome, that's one of my favorites now! Great work Miracle =)

Never fails to impress me whenever these songs are brought up. Original, catchy, very well thought out and overall seems to not only suit, but nail the game ever time. Grand good job my friend, am very glad you contribute to our website :) with your epic songs!

Hmmm. Must remind myself to keep a copy in the event of surviving doomsday.

Really enjoyed this one, definately a contender for my favourite song. Keep em' coming Miracle.

Also what the fuck was that tree near the end, the one that was like alive. I've never seen that.

By far the best one yet. Great job Miracle.

Kungfu_Teddybear:
Really enjoyed this one, definately a contender for my favourite song. Keep em' coming Miracle.

Also what the fuck was that tree near the end, the one that was like alive. I've never seen that.

That would be Harold... he was in the older games as a Ghoul and makes an appearance in F3 in the Oasis quest:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Oasis

MiracleOfSound:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

That would be Harold... he was in the older games as a Ghoul and makes an appearance in F3 in the Oasis quest:

Ah, nice. Well I'm actually playing through Fallout 3 again so I'll keep an eye out for him this time.

But yeah again great song, it's just put me in the mood to go on Fallout 3 :P

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Ah, nice. Well I'm actually playing through Fallout 3 again so I'll keep an eye out for him this time.

But yeah again great song, it's just put me in the mood to go on Fallout 3 :P[/quote]

Thanks!

The chorus of the song actually kind of has a connection with that quest - which I won't spoil for you ;)

After a really shitty day this song is the highlight of my day, I love it!

Another good one! Can't say I finished all of Fallout 3, but now I need to finish it after watching this.

Wow... you never fail to impress me, Miracle. The combination of the music and the footage creates a haunting and riveting effect. One of your best!

I must say, though, that you made me fraught with indecision once more- I have never played a Fallout game (The horror!!!), and for the past few months I've been trying to make up my mind and decide whether I want to start with Fallout 3 or New Vegas. I finally thought I had chosen New Vegas, but then this song made me really excited to try 3... Decisions! I can't make them!

Not the best song in the world, but overall pretty good.

Much better than anything that Mayes chick did.
I may have to check out the rest of your stuff

Russ Pitts:

GrizzlerBorno:
OT: Your songs were great from the start, but I feel like the accompanying footage gets better and better with every video. Do you film the stuff MoS, or someone from the Escapist?

I think what's happening is I'm getting better and better at editing the video to Gavin's songs. Thank you for noticing. :)

It also probably helped that I had over 400 saves from 350 hours of gameplay from which to pull visuals on this one. I probably spent more time capturing footage for this one than any of the others, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

I don't know why I couldn't enjoy Fallout 3 as much as everyone else did, but like so many of the others here, I've been inspired to give it another shot......after dipping it headfirst in the FalloutNexus for about 6 hours straight to see what the end result is. ^_^
After all, I enjoyed New Vegas a lot more after getting Nevada skies and then some.

EDIT: You mentioned to someone else that that's the Xbox version? That is literally unbelievable to me. As in, I honestly don't believe the vanilla version could look so fantastic because the PC vanilla version looked like dirt!.....also literal: It really did look like someone had hung a canvas of solid dirt five feet away from my character. What is up with that then?

Alone in a world of rust and ruin stay

There are some nice places on the west coast that aren't all rust and ruin and in quite good shape.

My only remaining goal now to survive

I think a better goal would be to travel to the west coast if you can, or try to rebuild civilisation on the east coast. Building a well would be a good start.

Shattered remains of once great cities

But there are still some cities standing glorious above the wastes, like New Vegas, San Francisco and New Reno.

But I'd give every withered wealth I've found
For just a glimpse of something pure

Once again I advise you travel to the west coast.

But other than those things it was an alright song, doesn't compare to J. E. Sawyer's work in F:NV but still good job.

Amazing, completely and utterly amazing!

This was really similar to a Foo Fighters song in style.

Genuinely impressed with your work.

Could've been a little more understated but I liked it. A lot.

You can also hear a little country vibe going on in this, I wonder if that was intentional or if the writer has a background in that direction.

First of these I've actually listened to, I'm off to explore the rest of the catalog now.

GonzoGamer:

GrizzlerBorno:
I watched this before Zero Punctuation. I think that pretty much says it all.

Me too.
Surprised myself a little there. ZP is the reason I started visiting Escapist in the first place... this was back when he had stopped posting on youtube

Yeah, I think that Zero Punctuation was the reason we're all here. There are definitely better shows in my mind, but it seems to be the best known one.

And yeah, this song is great. Nice work. Again.

Hi long time lurker/listener Miracle of Sound is quickly becoming one of my favorite artists, clever lyrics and a great voice, nice job dude.
here's hoping for a song about dawn of war... id love to hear your humor filled interpretation of the world of 40K

man the escapist just seems to find pure gold on a regular basis, Miracle of sound is fantastic, albeit i like their "funk" songs better like necromorph soup and mind of the bat, does anybody know any other artists that play in the genre of those two songs?

ChupathingyX:
Alone in a world of rust and ruin stay

There are some nice places on the west coast that aren't all rust and ruin and in quite good shape.

This song is about the Capital Wasteland. That's the character's 'world'.

ChupathingyX:

My only remaining goal now to survive

I think a better goal would be to travel to the west coast if you can, or try to rebuild civilisation on the east coast. Building a well would be a good start.

As I recall, the wanderer in Fallout 3 built a pretty big well...

The lyrics in some songs are not all literal or concrete - sometimes they are meant to suggest or generalise.

That was actually beautiful. Nice job.

doesn't fit fallout at all

Definitely one of your best songs, my favourite since I suck at Call of duty anyway! :)

Quellist:
I think the words are better than the song tbh. Sorry to seem mean but the song is a little too upbeat and not really soulful, to me it doesn't really capture the right atmosphere.

It captures how I feel when playing the game, that's all I wanted to do :)

JourneyThroughHell:
Good job, dude. For a second there I though you were going to re-sing all of the three songs from the game's radio.

Also, you paint a game in a false light. It's actually all about vaults, dungeons and bad shooting.

After 400 + hours, believe me the last thing I want to hear is those Galaxy News Radio songs again :D

meganmeave:
My new favorite song. Now you just need to record a Fallout album.

There are more Fallout songs on the way for sure!

TornadoFive:

OT. This actually gave me goosebumps. That's how much I liked it. I can say no more.

That made my day :)

You guys are putting a big smile on my face today, thank you.

MiracleOfSound:

Quellist:
I think the words are better than the song tbh. Sorry to seem mean but the song is a little too upbeat and not really soulful, to me it doesn't really capture the right atmosphere.

It captures how I feel when playing the game, that's all I wanted to do :)

JourneyThroughHell:
Good job, dude. For a second there I though you were going to re-sing all of the three songs from the game's radio.

Also, you paint a game in a false light. It's actually all about vaults, dungeons and bad shooting.

After 400 + hours, believe me the last thing I want to hear is those Galaxy News Radio songs again :D

I take your point, we all see our games in different ways. If i had any musical talent (which i dont) and had to make a song about fallout it would have been more about what was lost than hope for the future.

Russ Pitts:

GonzoGamer:
Love the montage. What mods did you use to make it look so sharp? I know that's not bare bones... or do I just need to play it on a better pc?

Also, I never saw Prime do battle with flying vertibirds.

The footage is pulled straight form the Xbox 360 in HD. It already looks pretty sharp right out of the box. Especially the landscapes. The game's night/day cycle also makes getting interesting shits in good lighting pretty simple. I captured a few shots in light set-up, then "waited" a few hours for a different light, repeat, repeat, etc. I probably captured a little of an hour of footage total for just the 5 minutes of video. This video was pretty time-consuming, but I love the game almost as much as Miracle, so it was worth it.

The vertibird fight happens right after Liberty Prime emerges from the Pentagon. It's one of the best cinematic shots in the game, but you have to be looking in the right spot, or you'll miss it. That's part of what makes Fallout 3 so awesome.

All the work was worth it: the video came out great. You guys rock.
I guess I never realized exactly how gimped out the ps3 version is. Not just in the visuals, but I'm not even sure if LP knocks vertibirds out of the sky on the ps3; I've played that battle enough times I think I would've noticed. Of course I have to check as soon as I get home. Never got to that point in the pc version but even on my pc it aint that pretty at all either. Then again, maybe I just never walked along the Potomac (or in Oasis) during the right time of day. I'll just need a better computer. Especially if I'm ever to show my love for Fallout 3 by making(GECKING?) the radio station (hosted by Tom Waits: I have a ton of audio clips that can work in the right order) and the adjoining mission to help him clear out the studio and collect some audio tapes around the wasteland so he can go back on the air.

Wow, you know...I came into this expecting not to like the video (never really liked that Mays video thing), but I was VERY surprised! That was an AMAZING song and the clips you chose for it went along perfectly!

Bravo! I found a new weekly video to watch! :D

You know, I like this. To be honest, despite the clear lyrics, the song doesn't bring images of Fallout 3 to my mind. Yet I still like it on its own merits.

The great thing about this song is that it stands up on its own merits without anyne ever needing to play the game...

ChupathingyX:

But I'd give every withered wealth I've found
For just a glimpse of something pure

Once again I advise you travel to the west coast.

I can't, there's an invisible wall in the way!

I really liked this song, even though the greyish grey visuals and the ridiculous plot of FO3 kinda ruined the game for me, i still had enough fun with it to complete every single side quest, and discover all the locations.

Skeleon:
You know, I like this. To be honest, despite the clear lyrics, the song doesn't bring images of Fallout 3 to my mind. Yet I still like it on its own merits.

You know what brings an image of Fallout 3 to my mind?

Yours was the 101-st post on the thread ;)

MiracleOfSound:

Skeleon:

You know what brings an image of Fallout 3 to my mind?

Yours was the 101-st post on the thread ;)

Heheh, didn't even notice that! :-D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or