Miracle of Sound: Wasteland Soul (Fallout 3)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

I'll be honest - I really like the song; the lyrics are great - as always, your penchant for writing lyrics relevant to the game in question without them coming across as forced or awkward is on full display. The music itself and the arrangements are also fantastic, but the only problem I have with this, and every other song you've written, is your voice. There's nothing wrong with it, but it just feels rather bland. In my opinion, it's inhibiting your songs from reaching their full potential.

But hey, maybe that's just me.

A fine video, though not really my musicaly stylings. Did anyone else notice how poorly the game ran. The frame rates were attrocious. Nice editing though.

ChupathingyX:
Alone in a world of rust and ruin stay

There are some nice places on the west coast that aren't all rust and ruin and in quite good shape.

My only remaining goal now to survive

I think a better goal would be to travel to the west coast if you can, or try to rebuild civilisation on the east coast. Building a well would be a good start.

Shattered remains of once great cities

But there are still some cities standing glorious above the wastes, like New Vegas, San Francisco and New Reno.

But I'd give every withered wealth I've found
For just a glimpse of something pure

Once again I advise you travel to the west coast.

But other than those things it was an alright song, doesn't compare to J. E. Sawyer's work in F:NV but still good job.

You sound like a travel guide for the west coast are the NCR paying you for this lol

The east coast is in alot worse state but it makes your only goal is to survive a very real thing.

The first time i listened to it i thought that it wasn't as good as most of rest of your songs, but now that I've listened to it a few times, i realise that it's just different, and is completely up to par with your other songs.

GrizzlerBorno:
I watched this before Zero Punctuation. I think that pretty much says it all.

OT: Your songs were great from the start, but I feel like the accompanying footage gets better and better with every video. Do you film the stuff MoS, or someone from the Escapist?

Same here, these songs are just amazing! I think this ranks right up there with your Batman and Portal 2 songs personaly.

Also the footage is getting much better with each video like GrizzlerBorno said, glad to see this is shaping up to a fantastic series! :D

GAH! He's using the Fat Man on Single Targets.

The song was awesome, but this was literally the only thing i could think about as far as the video goes

Great song! Loved Fallout 3, also... Umm... This is probably not cool but I seriously need help with a bug that has kept me from completing Point Lookout. Remember Desmond's (the crazy awesome ghoul) mansion? Well, every time I try to get near it the game freezes and if I try to fast travel to it the game just loops the loading screen info cards indefinitely. I have the PS3 GOTY edition, if that helps. Any suggestions? Please...

I love this guy.

ShotgunZombie:
Great song! Loved Fallout 3, also... Umm... This is probably not cool but I seriously need help with a bug that has kept me from completing Point Lookout. Remember Desmond's (the crazy awesome ghoul) mansion? Well, every time I try to get near it the game freezes and if I try to fast travel to it the game just loops the loading screen info cards indefinitely. I have the PS3 GOTY edition, if that helps. Any suggestions? Please...

Sounds like a game breaker dude... there are some scripted events later in the story triggered by getting within a certain radius of the mansion and they may have glitched your game on you.

You may have to reload an old save from before the DLC!

WoW, just wow....

*Sigh* That was kinda my last resort, well I still have my level 24 guy from when I was completing the story campaign, guess I'll try that... Thanks either way and again truly great song.

MiracleOfSound:
Wasteland Soul (Fallout 3)

A haunting, soulful ballad for the post-apocalyptic RPG Fallout 3.

Watch Video

Freaking fantstic.
That's album material quality. Easily your best song yet. Keep up the good work :D
This is fast becoming one of my favourite segments on the escapist, right up there with extra credits.
Not enough praise can be said. You guys really need to release an album!
-Tabs<3-

deserteagleeye:
If Three-dog was here listening to this, he would cry tears of beauty. Great Job!

No... he wouldn't. I placed a grenade in his pocket... He is no longer of this world, sadly.
-Tabs<3-

Daedalus1942:

Freaking fantstic.
That's album material quality. Easily your best song yet. Keep up the good work :D
This is fast becoming one of my favourite segments on the escapist, right up there with extra credits.
Not enough praise can be said. You guys really need to release an album!
-Tabs<3-

Thank you :) and there is an album on the way soon!

You're awesome at this man. Please *please* keep it up! :)

MiracleOfSound:
Wasteland Soul (Fallout 3)

A haunting, soulful ballad for the post-apocalyptic RPG Fallout 3.

Watch Video

How good are you with a guitar? I really think a good guitar solo would fit very nicely into some of your songs.
I don't mean a Van Halen type solo, but rather what Pink Floyd does.

This is just a simple thought i had. I'm not saying your songs would be worse off without guitar solos (because they won't), but i'm sure this thought has crossed your mind as well.

ChocoFace:

How good are you with a guitar? I really think a good guitar solo would fit very nicely into some of your songs.

This is just a simple thought i had. I'm not saying your songs would be worse off without guitar solos (because they won't), but i'm sure this thought has crossed your mind as well.

Not very good I'm afraid - that's the main reason the songs don't have solos - I'm not good enough at guitar to play them!

SonicKoala:
There's nothing wrong with it, but it just feels rather bland. In my opinion, it's inhibiting your songs from reaching their full potential.

But hey, maybe that's just me.

Have a listen to next weeks song when it comes out, the vocal style is kinda different in that one ;)

MiracleOfSound:

ChocoFace:

Not very good I'm afraid - that's the main reason the songs don't have solos - I'm not good enough at guitar to play them!

If that's not a reason to practise, then i don't know what is. Unless you're busy, in which case i can relate.

oh by the way, you mentioned next week's song. Which game is it about?
(Or if you're not allowed to reveal it, a hint would be alright as well.)

ChocoFace:

oh by the way, you mentioned next week's song. Which game is it about?
(Or if you're not allowed to reveal it, a hint would be alright as well.)

There's a hint on the facebook page ;)

Is anything MoS ever bad? Good stuff, the mournful tone weeps for the lost grandeur of civilization.

My only beef is there are no silver skies in FO3, everything is sickly green until you get the mod that removes the dumb green haze. :PPP

Sorry to necro, just listened to a shitload of MoS vids (uh, first one was about an hour ago), but I have to make my feelings clear:

Whoever the bassist is: may I start a new religion based on you?!

SckizoBoy:
Sorry to necro, just listened to a shitload of MoS vids (uh, first one was about an hour ago), but I have to make my feelings clear:

Whoever the bassist is: may I start a new religion based on you?!

It's me, I do it all.

And yes you can but I'm actually not very good at bass :D

MiracleOfSound:
It's me, I do it all.

And yes you can but I'm actually not very good at bass :D

*blink* *blink* Well, you could've fooled me... either way, I must say that was a very well written bass line.

Oh dear... I'm turning into a fanboy. ^_^

SckizoBoy:

*blink* *blink* Well, you could've fooled me... either way, I must say that was a very well written bass line.

Oh dear... I'm turning into a fanboy. ^_^

Thank you :) I like the bassline in that song too.

Was I the only one who thought this sounds like Rush or something off 90125 by Yes?

MiracleOfSound:
:)

Irridium:
Totally called it!

Anyway, great song. Though I always felt Fallout 3's sky was more green than silver. Blue if you install this awesome mod.

Fellout is awesome... and apparently it actually makes the game run better, as it takes away a lot of the mist and fog effects.

Best mod I got to try though was DC Interior Project - that was exactly what DC needed.

I might need to try Fellout if it works with Project Beauty.
But I think the Interior Project might be the next one for me to install. I read the description on Nexus and it sounds awesome.

I'm chin deep in Fallout 3 again; thanks to mods making it almost a completely different game and this video compelling me to jump back into that world.

I don't know if you've already started working on a song for New Vegas but I have some lyrics for you:
(to the tune of Heartache by the Number)

Glitches by the Number,
Bugs by the score,
every day I play it less,
'cause each day it crashes more,
Glitches by the number,
It's a game I can't win,
'Caus the quests I do stop counting,
and the game picks when to end.

GonzoGamer:

I don't know if you've already started working on a song for New Vegas but I have some lyrics for you:
(to the tune of Heartache by the Number)

Glitches by the Number,
Bugs by the score,
Glitches by the number,
It's a game I can't win,

haha, those are great :D

Kinda describes New Vegas pretty well too. Though you forgot to mention the endless loading screens!

MiracleOfSound:

haha, those are great :D

Kinda describes New Vegas pretty well too. Though you forgot to mention the endless loading screens!

Oh! You mean you want the other stanzas? After Wayne played this song over and over again, I couldn't help but make alternate lyrics for it...yes the whole song. I even threw in hints to help get past some of the glitches. I was also working on a song called "Johnny Retard" but at that point I just started turning the radio off.

You asked for it (sort of), here are the complete lyrics for Glitches by the Number:

Glitches by the Number,
Bugs by the score,
Glitches by the number,
It's a game I can't win,

Heartache number one was when they left me
I never knew companions go away
And then at vault twenty two
Was when I found them again
Got them back but couldn't make them stay

Yes, I've got
Glitches by the Number,
Bugs by the score,
Glitches by the number,
It's a game I can't win,

Endless Loading Screen
was what would halt me
And one side of those Vegas gates I stay
With cowboy hat
I waited for what's beyond the door
I waited but could not go on my way

Yes, It's got
Glitches by the Number,
Bugs by the score,
Glitches by the number,
It's a game I can't win,

And Gonzo deliver! this needs to be on this website.

Gets better for each time I listen to it.

Not only is this an epic song, which I've loved since it came out, but it's also been cited as inspiration for THE most popular MLP fanfic so far --- Fallout Equestria.

Which, unlike most fanfics, is extremely well-written, engaging, and good Christ actually longer than the Tolkien Trilogy. o^O;

Which, in turn, inspired an incredible amount of good MLP/Fallout fan art.

So I incorporated the whole mess into a tribute video. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rRnBkGHc_U

The original "Fallout: Equestria" story can be found at http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/story-fallout-equestria.html .

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here