Trailers: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater: E3 2011

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater: E3 2011

The stealth action classic has been reimagined for the unique features of the 3DS.

Watch Video

Ok that yoshi at the end of the trailer kinda caught me off guard.

Though it does make sense with almost every Japanese developer doing some sort of crossover.

The jungle scenes were painful enough with the PS2 graphics, they are going to really suck on 3DS. Though perhaps the 3D would help there...

Nintendo doesn't deserve MGS3.

What do Yoshi and Solid Snake have in common?
They're both dinosaurs.

Artemis923:

But sony's a saint for stealing mgs from nintendo in the first place?

Why Kojima? Why must you exclusively create games these days for consoles I don't own?

WHAT DID I DO TO YOU, YOU HEARTLESS HEARTLESS MAN!

As much as I love MGS, I haven't even beaten my copy of Sons of Liberty, let alone Snake Eater. Games those frustrating need to be played on the big screen.

Hell, Peace Walker's Monster Hunter-style controls killed my left hand - judging from the looks of things, this won't be any better.

Just waiting for the HD remake on PS3.

Oh, come on. You know it's going to happen.

Snake Eater was what MGS was always meant to be.

I thought they already announced an HD collection of both 2 and three on both the PS3 and 360 *If I remember, I can't find the article*

Personally, while it's looking great, even almost as good as MGS4, I'm still not sold to get a 3DS, not even Yoshi can persuade me to get a 3DS. I may get this game, but for the PS3, with the HD re-release. I want to finish Sons of Liberty other 6 times again.

nothingspringstomind:

I'm pretty sure that the MGS HD collection was already confirmed.

Hopefully the controls don't kill this game, because I love Metal Gear Solid and want to play it on my 3DS... speaking of which, it said something about the 3D images only being visible on the 3DS? Is there a way to watch it on one? I remember something about the internet browser being available by the end of May... and that didn't happen. So is it on the store or something?

Loved how they replaced Kerotan with Yoshi Instead ! XD

Oh , Nintendo !

Oh, Fintendo!

I'm wondering just how much of the game is going to change, and if its going to be for the better... i just can see with all the Nintendo stuff making it imposable to take the game seriously and loosing the mood of the game... if that makes any sense to anyone else...

fuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfu-

hehe, sorry.

I liek thees

jist a leetl

But then, I have at least four copies of MGS3 already... Do I need to buy this?

The answer is, of course, absolutely

NEVER AGAIN WILL I HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN GOING OUTSIDE AND PLAYING MGS3!

Mahorfeus:
As much as I love MGS, I haven't even beaten my copy of Sons of Liberty, let alone Snake Eater. Games those frustrating need to be played on the big screen.

Hell, Peace Walker's Monster Hunter-style controls killed my left hand - judging from the looks of things, this won't be any better.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? Beat Sons of Liberty. Then play it's younger, better brother. That sounds vaguely pedophilic, doesn't it? Oh well, I've been awake for three days.

Wireframefool:
I thought they already announced an HD collection of both 2 and three on both the PS3 and 360 *If I remember, I can't find the article*

Is this true? Hooray! I have an excuse reason to buy them again!

I am like a star wars fan without the shame!

weirdguy:

Artemis923:

But sony's a saint for stealing mgs from nintendo in the first place?

Eww, Sony. I'd rather see Snake Eater on my 360, where I can play it...my PS2 doesn't work anymore.

Besides, Nintendo gets no respect from me until they come out with a new game that isn't a remake or a port.

I hope Snake asks how Yoshi tastes.

I really want to know what "the guide" says, and how Dr Clark reacts.

ProfessorLayton:

nothingspringstomind:

I'm pretty sure that the MGS HD collection was already confirmed.

Hopefully the controls don't kill this game, because I love Metal Gear Solid and want to play it on my 3DS... speaking of which, it said something about the 3D images only being visible on the 3DS? Is there a way to watch it on one? I remember something about the internet browser being available by the end of May... and that didn't happen. So is it on the store or something?

Have you checked for a System Update? Just because I'm, you know, writing this on my 3DS now...and I think they mentioned trailers being available on the store or something but I haven't seen any.

OT: Looks good. Yoshi surprised me at the end. Having played no MGS games before, I may give this a look in.

I'm not sure if all those Nintendo gimmicks with motion controls/camera/etc make the game any better, or just drag it down. I really like MGS3, but I won't buy this game for the 3DS again as long as my PS2 is still running.

What the trailer should have been:

Hey, everyone! It's everything from the PS2 version of the game, except we've thrown in needless balance minigames!

Oh we also threw in a camo-cam thing that is actually kind of cool

PLAY IT AGAIN FOR FULL RETAIL PRICE!

Seriously, not worth the headache.
That unfortunately, I get from playing the 3DS for 2 minutes...

hurr hurr, its amazing how the nintendo 3DS has the same graphics as the playstation 2.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here