Trailers: Arma III Teaser

Arma III Teaser

Survive and adapt to win in this military simulation.

Watch Video

If they manage to pull off the vehicle physics this time around with the Physx engine then I will worship them as god! As long as the rest of the game is at least as good as Operation Arrowhead.

Hopefully they'll get ideas from some of the mods floating around for ARMA 2, in game map editing for one.

Teaser was nice, lets hope for some gameplay footage soon.

Very much looking forward to this. I only recently got in to ArmA 2 when it was on a steam sale and it was one of the best buys I've ever made.

That said i hope that they make customizing the load outs and stuff easier on the randomly generated missions. It sucks fighting APC's with only a rifle.

Pandalisk:
Hopefully they'll get ideas from some of the mods floating around for ARMA 2, in game map editing for one.

Teaser was nice, lets hope for some gameplay footage soon.

Check it!------>

Like we really need more of these editor junkies running around in realtime!!! :D

Saulkar:
If they manage to pull off the vehicle physics this time around with the Physx engine then I will worship them as god! As long as the rest of the game is at least as good as Operation Arrowhead.

They still have some kinks to work out but their ambition and the sheer magnitute of the simulation they achive is actually staggering on its own, nevermind that they have built a dammed fine if slightly rough game around it. If they can work out some more bugs and add a bit more polish (and bit less harsh system requirements, i mean i had 2 1GB OCed 4870s when this came out and it still raped my computer up the exhaust pipe) that would be just amazing since the series is so far ahead and just so balls out committed compared to its competitors.

I would have liked to see more in-game footage, but I'm very keen to get into this. What's more, I might wait until the system requirements become available and build my next PC to suit.

Bolo The Great:

Saulkar:

They still have some kinks to work out but their ambition and the sheer magnitute of the simulation they achive is actually staggering on its own, nevermind that they have built a dammed fine if slightly rough game around it. If they can work out some more bugs and add a bit more polish (and bit less harsh system requirements, i mean i had 2 1GB OCed 4870s when this came out and it still raped my computer up the exhaust pipe) that would be just amazing since the series is so far ahead and just so balls out committed compared to its competitors.

One of the few developers who actually see the potential of putting their balls to the wall!

My favorite part of ARMA II was the realism, physics and the mission editors and battles you could do

Not looking forward to all the pretentious people coming to this thread and saying "OH GREAT ANOTHER POINTLESS GENERIC COD-LIKE SHOOTER"

EDIT: This guy made a pretty good battle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KK6Fo3Y0AU

Oh noes, does this mean my computer will have to render over 9000 airplanes on the screen at the same time?!!? *Faints*

Anyways, hope it's good. Maybe good enough to be a smash hit. Maybe enough of a smash hit to dethrone CoD.

GaltarDude1138:
Maybe enough of a smash hit to dethrone CoD.

Never gonna happen. Arma is a simulation, not a rambo action title like CoD. Getting shot in Arma doesn't mean you have to hide until the injury goes away, you'll stay injured for the rest of the mission with your character cussing and your aim jittery due to the pain. That's if you survive getting shot.

KDR_11k:

GaltarDude1138:
Maybe enough of a smash hit to dethrone CoD.

Never gonna happen. Arma is a simulation, not a rambo action title like CoD.

That and it's a fairly resource intensive PC exclusive so it could never get the sales numbers anyway.

I think it's also worth noting that the ArmA titles are built around the same tech that Bohemia Interactive uses for it's 'professional' level military simulation software (as in the stuff used by real militaries).

NotHisRealName:
What's more, I might wait until the system requirements become available and build my next PC to suit.

Preliminary system requirements are:

OS - Windows 7 / Vista
CPU - Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770, shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
RAM - 2 GB
HDD - 15 GB free space
DVD - Dual Layer compatible
DirectX® - 10

Of course, being prelim, they're subject to change and won't come near the recommended system requirements.

I can already hear my computer's fans going faster and faster, louder and louder.

It has become apparent that I will need to upgrade my PC to suit this release.

I can't wait!

The Arma franchise is the most underappreciated line of military simulation/shooters around. I am REALLY hoping BI will pull out all the stops on this one!

NLS:
I can already hear my computer's fans going faster and faster, louder and louder.

Pretty much this. ARMA II pushed even the beefiest rigs to their limit when it came out.

Look at those poorly animated choppers! Look at them and LAUGH!
The explosion effect looked like it was from in game ArmA 2 footage.
I HOPE this will be good, but making a perfect simulator is right there sitting a stair lower than Mr.Impossible.
All I want is some proper physics and the rest can be ArmA 2:OA for all I care.

This is a definite buy for me. I mean, in a little over 2 weeks I have around 110 hours played in ARMA 2 :-)

RhombusHatesYou:

Preliminary system requirements are:

OS - Windows 7 / Vista
CPU - Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770, shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
RAM - 2 GB
HDD - 15 GB free space
DVD - Dual Layer compatible
DirectX® - 10

Of course, being prelim, they're subject to change and won't come near the recommended system requirements.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean they won't come near the recommended system requirements. You thinking that would be the minimum specs?

Also...

Alon Shechter:
Look at those poorly animated choppers! Look at them and LAUGH!
The explosion effect looked like it was from in game ArmA 2 footage.
I HOPE this will be good, but making a perfect simulator is right there sitting a stair lower than Mr.Impossible.
All I want is some proper physics and the rest can be ArmA 2:OA for all I care.

I'm with you there. Though 'prettier' visuals would be sweet, I'd be happy with a more fluid ArmA2. That's not to say ArmA2 was unworkable (as I'm sure everyone that's replied would agree)... there's just room for improvement.

I think this is one of the few franchises that continues to improve on their previous versions by tweaking what was into what will be, rather than trying to reinvent the wheel. Look at the single player campaign of ArmA and 2. Massive improvement.

Hopefully, though, BI will spend a little more time and money on voice acting.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here