Trailers: Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster

Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster

The cast of Sesame Street break into the game world in Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster.

Watch Video

This looks pretty sweet. Double Fine hasn't really made anything truly bad, so I'm quite excited about this.
Unfortunately, I lack either a Kinect or a small child to play this with.

...am I the only one who's gonna comment on this?

The perfect family game. I think that I need to adopt (steal) a small child and buy (again, steal) a Kinect.

This is just like My Little Pony: Magic is Friendship. I know that I shouldn't like it, but it looks so damn sweet that I can't pass it up. Well I couldn't if I had a Kinect, anyway.

Now see that's how you make a kids game; you give it some family appeal. Hell I think that's how you should make anything aimed at children. Don't make it some kind of mindless dribble that's just meant to mesmerize the kid into a trance so the parents don't have to deal with them. Make it engaging and interesting for both the child and parent.

Granted it is Sesame Street and it's really really hard not to like it no matter how old you are.

Wow, it is pretty sad when the best looking kinect game from E3 this year is Sesame Street.

If it doesn't have the Count, I'm not buying it.

Probably.

From the facebook comments:

Dammit, I hope this isn't another cover-based shooter.

Triforceformer:
This is just like My Little Pony: Magic is Friendship. I know that I shouldn't like it, but it looks so damn sweet that I can't pass it up. Well I couldn't if I had a Kinect, anyway.

Well the only people who own Kinnects are: Rich Parents who want a virtual babysitter,people dedicated to manipulating it to see what it can do,People who have children who they want to play with,and health nuts.

So yeah,considering that Double Fine is behind it means that this could be a great children's game.

I'll have to wait on this since my nephew isn't quite old enough to comprehend this type of game.

I am watching this one closely. I probably won't get it - no child, no Kinect, and, well, even if I did have both those things, it'd be more my purchase than my kid's. I grew up watching Seaseme Street! I grew up with Double Fine games! This game was made for me, you little shitfaced cuntlings. STAY AWAY!!

But other than that, game looks sweet. I just lack the required "parenthood" bit.

Nooners:
From the facebook comments:

Dammit, I hope this isn't another cover-based shooter.

I can already see it:Bert and Ernie sloging thrue the wreckage that is New York.
Just like with Marcus and Domm, there exist's slight sexual tension between the two muppets.

Not gona lie, I'm 18 and I want to play this game

After E3 and the slew of adverts masquerading as trailers for games which kinda went, shooter, shooter, shooter, dungeon hack, shooter, shooter, RTS with big guns, shooter, RTS with bigger guns, shooter, seeing something for kids is refreshing, especially when it looks well done.

My only concern would be the age group it's intended for and the general co-ordination required for the Kinect. Might be a European vs US thing but when the Eye-Toy came out for the PS2 my nieces just played the games that involved the simplest (least precise) movements, preferring to repeatedly wave their arms than pull off Saturday Night Fever style movements. Still, Sesame Street are known for their high quality products, so this should be good. :)

What sold me were two little parts from the E3 reveal:

The surprise intro, where Cookie Monster said "And now, here's me buddy Tim Schafer!" That threw me off guard, especially after seeing Kinect Star Wars.

Then Tim said "I learned the letter B from Big Bird; I learned to count from the Count; I learned to take care of my body from Cookie Monster."

And if that didn't give it credibility, I don't what would.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here