Trailers: Binary Domain

Binary Domain

The age of machines has begun and it's up to you to fight back in Binary Domain.

Watch Video

I think this looks kinda like a mix of i-robot and terminator :) could b worth a look, though ive a horrid feeling that its gonna try to be multiplayer as well because as we all know a lot of games do these days :(

Reminds me of that other game where you kill robots in a futuristic setting...Vanquished was it called?

hoping beyond hope they pull a "yeah the robots took over because humans are ass holes and were in the right to do so good job guys you just spent the whole game killing the good guys" plot line.

For those interested:

1 part i Robot, 1 part Vanquish, 3 parts shit.

Wow, you'd think the TF2 Heavy would be ready to settle down after his big debut, but he keeps taking small roles like these. I wonder why.

Also, if the gameplay they've chosen to show on the trailer is this bad, how awful will the actual game be?

Lullabye:
Reminds me of that other game where you kill robots in a futuristic setting...Vanquished was it called?

ryo02:
hoping beyond hope they pull a "yeah the robots took over because humans are ass holes and were in the right to do so good job guys you just spent the whole game killing the good guys" plot line.

TheComedown:

The Random One:
Wow, you'd think the TF2 Heavy would be ready to settle down after his big debut, but he keeps taking small roles like these. I wonder why.

Also, if the gameplay they've chosen to show on the trailer is this bad, how awful will the actual game be?

I don't get it... The gameplay's looking average in the 40 seconds of actual gameplay that we got to see in a concept trailer. Why does it immediately deserve unbridled hate without any explanation?

i.e. explain why you say it looks terrible

OT: It looks kinda cool. I'll see where it goes

It looks good,but a wise man once said that things in trailers always LOOK good. I'll keep my eye on this one,but I need to be a bit skeptical. I hope it's more story and gameplay working together and not just another cover based shooter,we have too many of those to begin with.

I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt for now since the trailer actually shows gameplay footage and not just CGI rendered stuff.

Someone's read their ghost in a shell. I wouldn't be surprised if the storyline ends up with the protagonist being secretly a robot, or turning on the robots' side.

I have to say, I'm actually kind of intrigued. Mostly because I liked the irobot film alot (might of helped that I'd never read the books) and this also reminds me a bit of Ghost in the Shell (the first one, before it went three ways bananas).

I am def gonna look out for this.

Looks kinda of cool. Also do my eyes deceive me? Female soldiers wearing what you'd expect someone to wear in a war zone?

I like what I see, no need to ramp up the bile-o-tron. It definitely looks like an interesting piece, and for the people mentioning Vanquish, this thing looks like a squad based tactical shooter, rather than the one-man-army-style Vanquish.

Blue_vision:

Lullabye:

ryo02:

TheComedown:

The Random One:

I don't get it... The gameplay's looking average in the 40 seconds of actual gameplay that we got to see in a concept trailer. Why does it immediately deserve unbridled hate without any explanation?

OT: It looks kinda cool. I'll see where it goes

I never said it looked terrible. I was saying it looks like that game has been made before. It really doesn't look very interesting, and I'll be surprised if the story is made up of anything but cliche(if they hit space at any point then it becomes a space marine game).

Cool concept. I bet it'll pull a 6th day on us. NO ARNIE, YOU ARE THE CLONE... ROBOT

Well it did kinda remind me of vanquish, but just a little. Otherwise, looked neat.
Also, something that i found strange was, the trailer didn't say the robots started a uprising ( you know, being bad and whatnot), but it kinda seemed the main guys wanted to end it before it started (though the trailer did show some very big fights, so I'm gonna bet that stopping it won't go well).
Anyways, looks neat, i guess.

Lullabye:

Blue_vision:

I never said it looked terrible. I was saying it looks like that game has been made before. It really doesn't look very interesting, and I'll be surprised if the story is made up of anything but cliche(if they hit space at any point then it becomes a space marine game).

Fair enough.

I'd still like to hear from those other posts. Especially the latter two.

Vanquish

Terminator

Tom Clancy

Mass Effect

Also many flavors of anime

I didn't follow this trailer. "They now have egos, personalities, emotions... we have to kill them all!" Er, no, you didn't make me want to destroy a single one of them. They might as well be humans at this point, and in shooters I rarely shoot humans just because they are humans.
Are they really a threat? Looks like you're the one going out of your way to kill them. I don't think I can get behind the character's motives from what I get from the trailer.
And the name, binary, making it sound like it's a either or... Can't they just find an arrangement? Surely it can't be that all robots hate all humans and vice-versa?

I'm in love again!~

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here