Infamous 2 Review

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Stranger of Sorts:

Andrew_Mac:

Also, does anyone know if i could choose the fire abilities on a good run through and vice versa?

You can get the powers but can't use them since they're linked to karma. Kind of pissed me off when I was going through being "evil" but wanted ice powers. Had to change tack and couldn't use any of the ice powers till right near the end.

But god damn...

The shit? Whats the point in that?! Good thing i'm doing an evil run through now...

Has anyone else seen the film title easter eggs? Around the park in the first area, there's loads of cinemas with film titles that are games titles. Check it out if you don't believe me.

Andrew_Mac:
Has anyone else seen the film title easter eggs? Around the park in the first area, there's loads of cinemas with film titles that are games titles. Check it out if you don't believe me.

Didn't bother to look for them but I did notice one. I guess if you look for them it wasn't very hard to miss which games they meant :P

Anyway I like both inFamous games. Sony got me to spend money with their welcome back package. Always wanted to play infamous and then it was on to number 2. The morality was a little more grey which I liked. Hated the ending though. Not because it wasn't awesome (hell I enjoyed it) but the twist it put on the story, it just got me :'(

One thing I didn't like was the Amp. I just couldn't help not taking the oversized tuning fork seriously. What I loved from Infamous 1 was the fact you got round without weapons. I always imagined it would be cool to have cool hand-to-hand an enemy, grab him and launch him at some others using his blast technique. Maybe an actual combo systeem would've grabbed my attention more if they were going for a more melee based direction.

In the end I couldnt help but feel the Evil Side of the Infamous storyline (both games) didn't do it for me. Despite it being great for diversity and replay value, it never reallyy grabbed me till the end of Infamous 2.

For a game that calls itself Infamous I would've thought more thought would've gone into the evil side of things but to me the Good Side was better designed. Though Evil Side mission we're a lot more enjoyable then good ones.

In part 2 I also noticed less diversive enemies. I would have liked to see more type of conduits.

That being said, I'd like to see this IP last a little longer. Both games did get me hooked on the world.

Andrew_Mac:

Yep. My favorite: Call of Booty.

Greg

Greg Tito:

Andrew_Mac:

Yep. My favorite: Call of Booty.

Greg

I personally liked the electronics shop called Red Ring Electronics.

At least I think it was an easter egg.

Just beat the game as good Cole. I really want to replay the game as evil but I can't bring myself to be a dick lol.

Still need to do an evil playthrough but i loved this game. Ice launch is an extremely cool power but the tether is much more effective. Using the tether and static glide to never touch the ground is awesome, but i wish you could use all the R2 powers together. Progression is a little weird. I got my ass kicked in the beginning because the game took away powers i relied on in the first and by the time i got the rocket i was already using ice grenade for everything. The ice conduits are awesome to fight, soundtrack is perfect and the game has some truly heroic moments. Great ending too, comic cut scenes are still awesome. I love the graphic novel scene about bertrand and why he does what he does. Still the mission design lacks imagination, more bugs than the first, and melee while greatly improved isn't where it could be. The game reaches for the stars and has more flaws than the first because of it, but it is a better game.

I loved the game too, I'm just a little bit upset that since its a PS3 exclusive and doesn't have a massive massive fanbase like some other games out there it will get disregarded during awards and reviews (fans of the game Prototype actually rated the first game down on Metacritic and criticized the game heavily usually for no reasonable reasons)

I have been an xbox fanboy for years - but this game makes me want a PS3...

What's the point of console exclusives? Surely they'd just make more money selling it to everyone?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here