Trailers: Bastion

Bastion

Fight monsters, explore, and rebuild the world in Bastion.

Watch Video

Looks pretty good.

Again i really wanna know why they developed this just for the xbla, i'm pretty sure it would sell a lot better on psn as a mini or whatever. maybe im just aggravated that this loooks like an awesome game and i probably wont get to play it unless i wait a year or three for it to maybe come to psn, or buy an xbox with gold account action/rant

Treaos Serrare:
Again i really wanna know why they developed this just for the xbla, i'm pretty sure it would sell a lot better on psn as a mini or whatever. maybe im just aggravated that this loooks like an awesome game and i probably wont get to play it unless i wait a year or three for it to maybe come to psn, or buy an xbox with gold account action/rant

From an install base stance, they'll probably make more on Xbox, although you'd think it'd make more sense just to sell it on both platforms.

However, you wouldn't actually need Gold to play this, unless it has multiplayer, and even then if you weren't interested in Multiplayer you wouldn't need to pay =)

Hmmm. I am curious. As long as there isn't too much anime influence, I'll probably get it.

Oh woe...
Oh how long must i suffer from torment of not knowing precise date...

Treaos Serrare:

You don't need a Gold account to buy stuff off of X-Box Live or to download demos. You only need it play multiplayer.

is it exclusive to multiplayer stuff? i remember seeing somewhere where you need a gold to just buy certain games regardless of multi status, or maybe I'm misinformed

This is about the only Game I am looking forward to right now. Ever since I played a demo at GDC I have been in love with this Game and I cannot wait to play the full version

Treaos Serrare:

Spoke to the Dev Team at GDC (its a 7 man team and I think that includes the narrator) they Hope to do well enough on XBLA to pay for the Port to PSN but they couldn't afford the time to build for all platforms. PC is already in the works

WillN7:
Hmmm. I am curious. As long as there isn't too much anime influence, I'll probably get it.

Its a western dev and from the demo I got my hands on there isnt much of an anime feel beyond parts of the Aesthetic

StrangerQ:
Oh woe...
Oh how long must i suffer from torment of not knowing precise date...

Its part of the summer of Arcade which runs for 5 weeks from July 20th, so it will be released in that timeframe (I dont think they can control which week it comes out in but its a trade off for all that free publicity).

This looks pretty cool.

I think it's interesting how the gruff tone of the trailer voiceover doesn't match with the colorful cartoon graphics...

Treaos Serrare:

Are you replying to this forum from a PC?

If so just get it for PC...

Metal Brother:
This looks pretty cool.

I think it's interesting how the gruff tone of the trailer voiceover doesn't match with the colorful cartoon graphics...

The entire game is narrated by that guy, he plays a sort of mentor figure, it actually works well in and reacts well to context actions

Kinda has a Secret of Mana / Dark Cloud feel to it. I may pick this up if future reviews are promising.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here