Trailers: The Lord of the Rings: War in the North: New Heroes

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North: New Heroes

The developers of Lord of the Rings: War in the North discuss the new heroes players will meet in the game.

Watch Video

When I saw a new post for LOTR I lit up. I can't wait for this game, and this trailer just made me more excited.

still dont think they understand that the eagles arnt just big birds

'This is going to be the most kickass RPG ever'

Normally, I would cringe at that...but this time I feel excited.

'Press a button and something awesome happens!'

And now I'm back to cringe town.

Looks cool. Still kinda iffy on how they're handling the magic in this game but it probably won't bother me too much.

Woah, wait, Belloram is a companion, an ally, AND a friend?! Good grief!

On a serious note, when I saw the firs trailer for this game I didn't think much of it. I'm a huge LotR fan, but I thought this would be a similar kind of story to Third Age, filled with all sorts of arbitrary things (for those of you who completed it, think: last boss), but after seeing this, it looks like they've really done their research, especially with the inclusion of characters like Radagast,Elladan and Elrohir.
Now we just need to see how well they pull off the gameplay...*cough*.

This video proves my earlier theories, Im a massive nerd.

Cool. I didn't even know this was coming out.

'This is gonna be the most kick-ass RPG of all time!' That kinda made me a bit nervous- it's a very bold statement.

I just hope their game does more than simply ape the action and style of the films.
First video for this I saw I couldn't see anything more than fellowship clones taking the same roles as the originals.

New characters definatly look interesting, I missed the eagles and certainly Radagast.

This Eagle is the most vicious creature I have ever seen.

Did you see what he did to that troll? He fucking eviscerated it and threw it off a cliff.

Wow, I am excited for this - it looks like they've captured the style of the films really well.

And it would appear that Eagles get the job done.

Does it have Co-op that's what I want to know!

Dr. wonderful:
'This is going to be the most kickass RPG ever'

Normally, I would cringe at that...but this time I feel excited.

'Press a button and something awesome happens!'

And now I'm back to cringe town.

Heh, that's where I put the game on the back burner as well. It looks good and all, but this is the first time I've seen it, and that kind of adulation always makes me wary.

radagast the brown!? AWESOME! please announce beorn,quickbeam and tom bombadil to complete the kickass unknown characters!

Yes, yes, YES! I've been waiting for a GOOD LOTR game since Return of the King. This looks like it will fit the bill nicely. Also sounds like the dev team actually understand the license they're using, which, you know, is a big help when making something with a lore as complex as Tolkien's. Can't wait for this.

Lord of the Rings
Kratos the Eagle

On a serious note this looks like it could be awesome

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook