Trailers: Dragon's Crown

Dragon's Crown

Play with friends to find the secret of the dragon in Dragon's Crown.

Watch Video

Wait, how is that a "family/puzzle" game?

This was the best trailer in all of E3. That sorceress makes me guffaw every single time. Oh jiggle physics, you never cease to amaze me.

Those are some horrible looking characters. Also confused as to why they mix class and races into one thing?

Dwarf is a class now? Or Wizard a race?

xyrafhoan:
This was the best trailer in all of E3. That sorceress makes me guffaw every single time. Oh jiggle physics, you never cease to amaze me.

And yet, this is also one of the few games ever to have the female tank be muscle-bound...
The only thing is, if they're going to put jiggle physics on the Amazon's breasts, she needs it on her entire body. Muscle jiggles, too, and her breasts would have to be more of slabs of muscled with nipples. If they jiggle that much, then everything should, as I learned from walking in to a room whose television depicted slow-mo running in the 80's hulk TV show.

Erana:

xyrafhoan:

And yet, this is also one of the few games ever to have the female tank be muscle-bound...
The only thing is, if they're going to put jiggle physics on the Amazon's breasts, she needs it on her entire body. Muscle jiggles, too, and her breasts would have to be more of slabs of muscled with nipples. If they jiggle that much, then everything should! D:

I'm pretty sure the Amazon scarred one of my friends for life. But seeing her in action is friggin' awesome. And I'm glad this game doesn't discriminate in terms of sheer ridiculousness, because the Warrior is essentially nothing but shoulders and the dwarf is one compact block of muscle meat. It's awesome.

xyrafhoan:

Erana:

xyrafhoan:

The only thing is, if they're going to put jiggle physics on the Amazon's breasts, she needs it on her entire body. Muscle jiggles, too, and her breasts would have to be more of slabs of muscled with nipples. If they jiggle that much, then everything should! D:

I'm pretty sure the Amazon scarred one of my friends for life. But seeing her in action is friggin' awesome. And I'm glad this game doesn't discriminate in terms of sheer ridiculousness, because the Warrior is essentially nothing but shoulders and the dwarf is one compact block of muscle meat. It's awesome.

Just adding her made this go from "Meh, steriotypical" to kinda ridiculously awesome looking for me, too.
I'm not quite sure why, though honestly. Do I like this break in the arcetype, or is the fact that they'd do it suggesting to me that it will have more unusual features in this sort of game..?

Jesus Phish:
Those are some horrible looking characters. Also confused as to why they mix class and races into one thing?

I thought it was awesome and stylish character design

as for the class/race, they're DnD classes

ugh dammit, I love vanillaware but they need to have this games come out on systems I own

Wow the character design is... sub-par

Or, at least, very unappealing.

Okay, Sorceress needs to be renamed to "Anime cliche", and the abs on that Amazon are the scariest thing I've seen all week.

For the rest it has an extremely funny concept of naming characters, which reminds me of the Zero Punctuation of Crackdown 2!!!

The Fighter, Amazon, and Dwarf all seem to play the same, as do the Wizard and Sorceress. Don't like the character design that much, either. But then again, the game could be a good successor to Shadow Over Mystara. Who knows?

I could probably look at that picture of the sorceress a little longer. yeah.

Just a bit longer.

Okay, I'm done.

Wait, this is supposed to be a puzzle game? Nevermind, I don't care. (goes back to looking at the sorceresses... assets.)

I have pretty good brand loyalty for Vanilla ware for art style alone.

xyrafhoan:

OK, I admit this is splitting hairs, but sense this game is done with sprites it's not actually jiggle "physics". That would only make sense if they were 3D models.

Duck Sandwich:
The Fighter, Amazon, and Dwarf all seem to play the same, as do the Wizard and Sorceress. Don't like the character design that much, either. But then again, the game could be a good successor to Shadow Over Mystara. Who knows?

I was thinking the same thing since the character selection is practically the same, hopefully it's good because I'm thinking of getting it.

teh_Canape:

Jesus Phish:

That wasn't my point. My point is that half the characters are a class and the other half are a race. In DnD elf doesnt automatically mean ranger/archer as it seems to in this game.

Eric the Orange:

xyrafhoan:

OK, I admit this is splitting hairs, but sense this game is done with sprites it's not actually jiggle "physics". That would only make sense if they were 3D models.

You got me there, though I was thinking of physics in the sense of world physics operating on overly large mage boobs which may or may not have their own gravitation field (judging from the official art where a skeleton's head is being sucked into her cleavage).

Jesus Phish:

teh_Canape:

Jesus Phish:

That wasn't my point. My point is that half the characters are a class and the other half are a race. In DnD elf doesnt automatically mean ranger/archer as it seems to in this game.

It used to back (way back) in the days of basic first edition, or so I'm told.

Jesus Phish:

bismarck55:
It used to back (way back) in the days of basic first edition, or so I'm told.

Indeed, before AD&D "demi-humans" were both your race and determined your class progression. For instance, elves progressed both as fighter and magic-users, and dwarves progressed like fighters but with better hp gains and better saving throws.

Jesus Phish:

It's a tad apparent you haven't played any Vanillaware games (Odin Sphere, Muramasa: the demon blade, GrimGrimoire, Princess crown). The art is done in their particular style; while they fail at realistic anatomy, they can and have created some beautifully stylized games.

This is basically a homage to things like Golden Axe and D&D arcade that took 13 years for some company to agree to take a risk on, so I think they weren't too concerned about making hand-drawn sprites in both genders and multi-raced. But if You want to feel better, just consider an elf the archer class and the Dwarf a Bezerker class.

Golden axe meets Muramasa! yey! hope it's out for PS3~

wow looks fun but it seems pretty big on objectifying the women except the elf. i wish these guys would make a 3d game instead of 2d with the same art style

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here