Trailers: Armored Core V

Armored Core V

The latest in the Armored Core series takes place in a dark, post-apocalyptic world.

Watch Video

I would like this now.

And i cant stress "Now" enough.

Team Hollywood:
The latest in the Armored Core series brings tactics back to fighting.

And what exactly are you basing that statement on?
It surely can't be the trailer. I'm not even sure what genre this is supposed to be.
Neither are you it seems. The only way to be more vague than "action" would be to call it a "game".

wow thats a really cool trailer, it makes me want to play the game... well more of it makes me want to see a movie based on the trailer, its been awhile since I played an armored core game

"The post-apocalyptic world is in ruin."

Wow, really?

-_-

Must say this is a pretty neat trailer. And I must add that it looks ripe for Unskippable.

You'd think a post-apocalypse humanity wouldn't have access to the kind of fuel and tech necessary to power giant super-robots...

To be fair, I'm intrigued. I've actually played and enjoyed every AC(even the broken PSP one), and the constant obsession with faster and more flighty mechs has put me right off the series. Pushed myself through 3, but couldn't deal with 4.

I'm liking this one though, the 'machine warfare' genre has sadly pretty much gone the way of the Dodo it seems...

Whoa, talk about awesome tank-mech hybrids!

I love mechs, but perhaps half battle tank half mech is even more awesome.
Maybe...

This trailer reminds me somewhat of the Transformer movies in that you can barely see shit. Although on the other hand, THIS at least looks cool. Maybe because Shia LeBeau(fuck his name, whaterver it is, I just can't spell it) isn't in it.

I believe he bases the tactical statement off of the more militaristic base this one has. For Answer's machines and Arms Forts were somewhat eccentric, while everything this trailer shows is relatively down-to-earth; the Armored Core is a tread model, we're fighting in an urban warzone, and there are actual infantry and helicopters engaged in the conflict.

Raiyan 1.0:

Wow, really?

-_-

My thoughts exactly.

That, and for a 'world in ruin' there's an awful lot of fantastically advanced, high tech weaponry still available. C'mon Namco, don't be pretentious here, 'the world is in chaos' would've been enough.

Anyway, I've never played any of the Armored Core games, but this...this makes me want to. Like, pretty badly, actually.

This sucks... it won't load for me!!!

303: Failed to load a resource: Unable to load resources: Error #2035.

Is this the trailer? If so, I am underwhelmed. The last thing I think of, when I think Armored Core, is ' Stationary/Slow Moving Future Tanks'.

Wheres the speeeeeeeeeeed?!?!

Dissolve:
I'll go ahead and point everyone in the direction of Hawken, which will probably be released before this.

Here's the game's website: http://www.hawkengame.com/
Watch the gameplay trailer.

yah i remember that game, the call of duty mechanical warfare game, i liked it

still i must reserve my judgment until AC comes out

Sign me up I love me a good mech game

looks cool, just hope it turns out to be good.

That's a beautiful CGI trailer... made with 0% in-game footage.

I want to root for this game, but after the last few games of the franchise, I need to know how the game will actually look and feel.

When you can make a cool in-game trailer for this game and show me what's up, then I'll be more optimistic. But I've seen plenty of CGI trailers for games that end up being utter crap.

Raiyan 1.0:

Wow, really?

-_-

There actually exists a version of this trailer with vastly superior opening text. The one featured on the Escapist looks like a troll translation by comparison. No idea why someone would change it like that.

Error 404# Giant walking mechs not found.

What the hell happened to this series?

I think it would make a better movie than a game.

9_6:

Team Hollywood:
The latest in the Armored Core series brings tactics back to fighting.

And what exactly are you basing that statement on?
It surely can't be the trailer. I'm not even sure what genre this is supposed to be.
Neither are you it seems. The only way to be more vague than "action" would be to call it a "game".

It is Action/3rd person shooter. Although it follows the general ideas of the mech games so they may as well be their own genre.

OT: I think I'll wait to see some gameplay before deciding.

Sober Thal:

Is this the trailer? If so, I am underwhelmed. The last thing I think of, when I think Armored Core, is ' Stationary/Slow Moving Future Tanks'.

You must have only played the most recent Armored Core if you actually dont think slow moving future tanks when you think Armored Core. If I wanted super fast boost everywhere and run at ultra fast speed gameplay, I'd play a Gundam game (and if said Gundam games came out in the US that is).

If it is more the slow methodical gameplay instead of basically bein CoD with mechs, I could dig it. I love me some mech action and sadly Mechwarrior 4 showed its age a long time ago and Mechwarrior 5 hasn't been heard of since that trailer what...2 years ago? Either way...yay for more mecha action!

fuck yea

robots 4everanswer

shintakie10:

Sober Thal:

You must have only played the most recent Armored Core if you actually dont think slow moving future tanks when you think Armored Core. If I wanted super fast boost everywhere and run at ultra fast speed gameplay, I'd play a Gundam game (and if said Gundam games came out in the US that is).

If it is more the slow methodical gameplay instead of basically bein CoD with mechs, I could dig it. I love me some mech action and sadly Mechwarrior 4 showed its age a long time ago and Mechwarrior 5 hasn't been heard of since that trailer what...2 years ago? Either way...yay for more mecha action!

Nope. I've been a fan since playing at my friends house on his Playstation many years ago.

Was dodging missiles then, saw nothing of it now. I think once, for a single mission, I used the tank treads and made armor top priority. It's just how I play.

Never seen a Gundam game worth playing, and I don't like Mechwarrior because of the speed issue as well.

CoD with Mechs? What are you talking about?

Penitent:
I believe he bases the tactical statement off of the more militaristic base this one has. For Answer's machines and Arms Forts were somewhat eccentric, while everything this trailer shows is relatively down-to-earth; the Armored Core is a tread model, we're fighting in an urban warzone, and there are actual infantry and helicopters engaged in the conflict.

Sober Thal:

only one of the AC's had the tank treads, i counted at least 3 quadruped ones and the one being assembled towards the end was a biped

blind_dead_mcjones:

Penitent:

Sober Thal:

only one of the AC's had the tank treads, i counted at least 3 quadruped ones and the one being assembled towards the end was a biped

Yeah, I'm just underwhelmed by the trailer. I'm not saying the game will suck, nor that it will not have the customization we have all grown to love. I just felt the lack of any fast action was a let down.

A few of those shots look like they came straight from the military channel.

Huzzah a new armoured core game! One of my favourite series on the ps2 (the xbox 360 ones were alright too).

Anyone else noticed that the AC's have been drastically reduced in size? In the past games they have truly towered over other vehicles and buildings, they're a lot smaller now.

Their design aesthetic also seems to have changed in that their a lot more tanky and artilleryish rather than the fast humanoid ones we've mostly seen before. Still if the focus is now on massed ac combat as it seems to be i will be very happy.

Um let me guess - the Russkies are the bad guys.

GWAAAAARRRRRR!!! NERDGASM!

Seriously though, Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Played every AC game ever and cannot wait for more.

fi6eka:
Um let me guess - the Russkies are the bad guys.

nah, every armored core game boils down to the following:

world is post apocalyptic, corporations run everything, proxy wars between them are thought by mercanaries who use the titular robots, you're one of said mercenary pilots.

and going by the wording in the latest trailer this one doesn't look to be any exception

Rems:
Huzzah a new armoured core game! One of my favourite series on the ps2 (the xbox 360 ones were alright too).

Anyone else noticed that the AC's have been drastically reduced in size? In the past games they have truly towered over other vehicles and buildings, they're a lot smaller now.

Their design aesthetic also seems to have changed in that their a lot more tanky and artilleryish rather than the fast humanoid ones we've mostly seen before. Still if the focus is now on massed ac combat as it seems to be i will be very happy.

they have, it was explicity mentioned when the game was first anounced (last year i think?) that the height of the AC's was being reduced from 10 meters to 5, also from what i've seen of previous trailers and such, the fast airborne humanoid AC combat is still there as always, just not at the rediculous speeds they were going in 4 and 4answer

EDIT:

AC4A was a bit too crazy for me, the AC/NEXT fights were horrible. Dodging endless streams of missiles, lasers and bullets while trying to land a hit on a very fast target was nigh impossible. The Arms Forts were an awesome idea though, even if they did just get boring after the first few. "Oh my god that thing is huge!! How the hell do I fight this thing!?" quickly turns into "Oh, another one? Oh yay, this one comes with 20% more missile/laser spam".

This game seems to focus more on tactical warfare than frantic dogfights, I wonder how it will turn out?

Raiyan 1.0:

Wow, really?

-_-

"Where there is life, people cling to life"
Wow. Just wow.

Some of those images were amazingly detailed - the bullet dropping into a puddle I could have sworn was almost real footage, and the close-ups of the machinegun ammo feed was amazing.

Of course, it's going to be a console release, so it's doubtful I'll get to play it but hey, at least there's still a high quality mech franchise running! (holds out for Hawken ^_^)

Santa216:

There actually exists a version of this trailer with vastly superior opening text. The one featured on the Escapist looks like a troll translation by comparison. No idea why someone would change it like that.

Ok, yeah, that one's much better. What the hell is up with the one the Escapist found?!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here