Unskippable: Legend of the Guardians

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Legend of the Guardians

Graham and Paul like the part where the owls talk like people.

Watch Video

That was quite confusing

Fantastic Unskippable as always XD

"You there, boy! Search my vomit!"

When I'm rich...that's it. I'll buy a servant and have them search my vomit, just in case any shards of something cool are in it.

Ugh talk about a convoluted piece of garbage...

When I was a kid all we needed was 3 lines of badly translated japanese under an 8bit image.

Nowadays it seems like all the bad writers that couldn't get a job 20 years ago, are writing for games.

Agree with Civilian77, what a terrible sounding game. It looked bad, and not in a good way.
Is it meant to appeal to British children or something?

"We use all the same idioms as people, we just replace the words with owl stuff."
Reminds me of a certain show featuring diminutive equines.

great bit and i love owls

Civilian77:

When I was a kid all we needed was 3 lines of badly translated japanese under an 8bit image.

Nowadays it seems like all the bad writers that couldn't get a job 20 years ago, are writing for games.

I say old chap:
Agree with Civilian77, what a terrible sounding game. It looked bad, and not in a good way.

Ahem.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219342

It's originally a movie. Made in Australia. With entirely Australian actors.

The animation is fucking insanely well done in the movie. Each individual feather of the owls blows in the wind. The owls faces are practically "LA Noire'd" to resemble the actors playing them.

As it is with most movie to game/game to movie adaptations. The GAME sucks. The movie is incredibly well made.

I've only watched a little of the movie and what I saw looked spectacular.

EDIT: The movie is also made by the same studio that made Happy Feet (the penguin movie), but this has FAR better animation quality.

bleck, so many made up words and nonsense names, why do fantasy writers feel determined to try and make their world feel distinctive with random keyboard mashings?

Did anyone else get serious "Ah yes, Reapers!" Flashbacks when that one owl spoke towards the end, doubting the entire story?

MattAn24:

Civilian77:

I say old chap:

The animation is fucking insanely well done in the movie. Each individual feather of the owls blows in the wind. The owls faces are practically "LA Noire'd" to resemble the actors playing them.

As it is with most movie to game/game to movie adaptations. The GAME sucks. The movie is incredibly well made.

EDIT: The movie is also made by the same studio that made Happy Feet (the penguin movie), but this has FAR better animation quality.

A movie based on a series of Books.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_Ga%27Hoole

The best line I've ever heard the whole month.

"You there, boy!, search my vomit!".

Thamous:

MattAn24:

A movie based on a series of Books.

Sorry for the ax I took to the quoting, but I need a breakdown...

So it's a game based on a movie based on a series of books? That should be a big red flag that this is not a good game...

I liked that book series. Funny to see the video game get the Unkippable treatment.

is this game somehow a part of the "pokemon" series?

is this game about owls?
or do you really play as an owl?

and: is this game available in "human" language instead of all this owl-gibberish?

Yo owl i heard you like congress so i put a parliament in yo parliament so you.. could.. aw dang.

"Gesundheit?"
"No, Gesundheit's my brother. I'm Ezylrib."

Favorite part.

SupahGamuh:
The best line I've ever heard the whole month.

"You there, boy!, search my vomit!".

With God as my witness, I WILL quote that line out of context!!

The plot flies into your face like... an eagle!

my favorite part was "he became batman" because he's a owl if any one figured that one out

I didn't know this game even existed. The movie it was based on was gorgeous. The plot was a bit rehashed, but over time that's not going to matter (as a classic, I mean).

Anyone know what kind of gameplay this game has?

MattAn24:

The movie/books might be award-winning, doesn't change the fact that we were looking at the game and it seemed really bad.

MattAn24:

Civilian77:

I say old chap:

It was also directed by the same guy who directed The Watchmen, and 300. The movie is masterfully shot/well done. (EPIC OWLS OF EPICNESS DOING EPIC THINGS OF EPICOSITY) The story has some holes that get on my nerves and feels a little rushed, and there's one song sequence in the middle that is dreadfully out of place when put next to the rest of the fantastic score, but definitely a good movie to look at if you are an animation buff or love animal fiction stuff like Watership Down or Fire Bringer.

This game doesn't look very good from the outset, but only because it breaks the rule SHOW DON'T TELL.

K V MAN:
my favorite part was "he became batman" because he's a owl if any one figured that one out

Umm, I think that's supposed to work on several levels, given he's an Owl (not a bat), his parents were killed in front of him (Batman's origins) and covers the tedious need for games to have tragic backstories for their heroes.

All I could think about was that Dirty Jobs episode with the owl vomit.

So a group of owls is called a parliament? Huh. I learned something :)
Good episode, seems like a weird game.

Actually in some ways this game looks kinda interesting. But the plot is just super odd and half of the time I had no idea what they were saying, so it was a good thing that one owl summed that up... but this whole scene seemed kinda pointless, they could have just began the game with saying: "hey you are so and so now we need you to do that." and explain the rest on the run.

Great episode though :D

wow that game actually looks good for somthing translated from a movie from a book series

though the only really funny part was a parliament of a parliament of owls

also fyi pellets are the owls = to poop not vomit

so a more accuret hunan to owl phrase would be
that story scared me so much I yarped pellets = that creepypasta was so scary I shat bricks
not I got so drunk I thew up pellets all over the back of the owl taxi

vivster:
great bit and i love owls

I fully agree with that.

Ha ha ha! This was one of the best for such as a lesser known game.

I loved the one about the owl stain remover

"And that young owl grew up to become...

Batman."

Thanks for the near spit-take, guys :D

<forum error double post>

I take offense to this show.

It made my daughter cry! It took an hour to calm Placenta down after watching this episode and she vowed never to watch the show again.

And to be honest I don't think my son wants to watch this show again either... and I don't think I can blame young Umbilicalcord one bit.

"You there, boy, search my vomit!"

Don't know why but that one made me laugh loudly. Also this was a very confusing cutscene.

Nicely done, as usual. I recognize this as being based off the movie... which I haven't seen yet, but I would like to.

Favorite moments include the orphaned owl becoming Batman, Billy Mays, "Geshuntit." "No, that's my brother." and "You there, boy! Search my vomit!"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here