Jimquisition: Accountability

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Accountability

You are all so lucky to be able to watch these videos. This week, Sterling rants about videogame accounts and publishers' increasing demands for explicitly reaffirmed customer loyalty.

Watch Video

I demand no one else enter the Jim + contest, that deep Jimpressable kiss is totally mine.

Wow... Honestly, thank you Jim. You could not be any more right in this one specific instance.

/kudos

HAHA! I love this guy!! Looking forward to Monday, Jimbo!

God. Thank you. Thank you so much.

topwomble:
I'm not goin to say first. Good vid

I think you may have failed. I see it in there.

I'm afraid I'm not being enlightened or humored by Jim. Thankfully, I'm not the only one who matters on the site.

Pretty good episode this week Jim. This is something that does not get a lot of attention, but is important nonetheless, so it is good to see someone talking about it. I am tired of having to create an account every 5 or so minutes if I just want to play a danged PC game...

Well, this is officially the first Jimquisition I've been able to watch through to the end.

And yeah, I agree, having to constantly sign up for stuff is a pain in the arse. The worst offenders I've encountered are EA Accounts and GFWL. They just make me jump through loops to get to the content I paid for. I get absolutely nothing out of it, and I don't really see how it benefits them either.

Actually, does anyone have an answer to that? What exactly do Microsoft get out of making me sign into GFWL to play Bulletstorm on PC?

holy shit, I actually agree with him on this part.

First: if console games are about picking up and playing, why is there so many steps? Patching, installing, accounts, subscriptions etc. It's turning into PC gaming, and I expect at some point that the publishers will force entering serial codes at some point.

Second: DRM, yes, treating us like criminals is not the best way to go about business

So i subscribe to jimquision plus+ how?

Zhukov:
Actually, does anyone have an answer to that? What exactly do Microsoft get out of making me sign into GFWL to play Bulletstorm on PC?

You know, I was going to answer you with a real answer, but my mind is drawing a blank. I don't think there's any benefit at all of signing into GFWL other than adding achievements to your Xbox gamer tag.

You play it straight good sir, and I tip my hat and 40 bucks to you.

He played The Firs Templar?

Alslo he actially has a point there with all this DRM sh*t and specific publisher networks you need and acount for.

Welcome back Jim! I'm ignostic so instead of thanking God I'll join J+ in the hopes that you continue telling Galactus that this planet is inedible.

Great show as always. The memberships-upon-memberships is part of the reason I'm reverting back to older generations of consoles. Although I liked Dragon Age Origin, I can't play DA2 and access all of my downloaded content unless I'm online. With my trusty Gamecube, I can hunt down the 7 star shards within seconds of putting the disc into the console. I would be lying though if I said I didn't enjoy Xbox Live, especially for some matchmaking Reach and, TF2.

A Jimquisition fridge magnet? Sign me up! I thought a club for this would be Jimpossible!

gCrusher:

topwomble:
I'm not goin to say first. Good vid

I think you may have failed. I see it in there.

I'm afraid I'm not being enlightened or humored by Jim. Thankfully, I'm not the only one who matters on the site.

Thank you for admitting what generally goes unnoticed.

The not being the only person to pander to, that is.

As for the video, good points and I agree. I'm not sure why it takes me longer to install and play a game now than it did 10 years ago :/.

Unless I missed it, which is possible, if this advert captcha just made me watch it to post...I'm gonna stick with facebook comments.

Loving this series for some time.

Must say I did not care for this series when it first started. But I have officially become a fan. The production has gotten better and better and I get a good laugh out of his bit.

As much as I usually disagree with Jim, in this case he is completely and utterly right.

Why the hell should I have to get a games for windows live account when I bought and want to play my game on STEAM?!

This is just completely ridiculous and exponentially increases the amount of hoops I have to jump through to get somewhere if something goes wrong. Lets say I bought a PC game from Gamestop which uses steam, but which also requires games for windows live. If the CD key doesn't work, who am I supposed to contact to get it fixed? Each person passes the buck to someone else and I'm left with a useless broken game.

Is there a way I can pay money to make sure I don't win the kissing contest with him?

I completely agree. In fact I recently got an email from Sega Pass about a recent breach in security and warning me that some of my information might have been stolen. And you know what?

I don't even remember signing up for Sega Pass !

Fenrisulfr:

Aerograt:
I demand no one else enter the Jim + contest, that deep Jimpressable kiss is totally mine.

Jimpressive*

Yeah, I changed it.

Huh. It was actually good and less...smug? this week.

Jim I wish this video was longer.

Not only because listening to your voice is like the sweet coo of an angel playing the harp but also because this is an issue I've never seen anyone else bring up and I think it warrants some more discussion.

I am quite JIMpressed with this episode!
:P

At least Jimquisition+ is better than those fucking Konami accounts.

That was a good episode.

How can you 180 from good to appalling so easily? It's baffling.

Great episode. This show keeps on improving. Looking forward to more.

One question though. Will the Jimquisition plus package also feature a cash shop allowing us to buy extra jimpressive items for a small additional fee? I'm thinking WWJD (What Would Jim Do) bracelets and things like that?

Possibly sending the WWJD bracelets to every Jimquisition plus subscriber immediately but packaged in locked titanium cases requiring the purchase of a 15$ key to open them, in addition to a matching fingerprint and sperm sample?

Can i purchase a cheaper version without the deep kissing, but with exclusive videos?

Holy shit... I have to remember not to get used to this... but this weeks video made a lot of sense and wasn't just useless complaining. NICE!

It's pretty basic economics, you want your customers to have as easy access as is humanly possible to your product, or you won't keep them coming back. I ran into the Ubisoft sign in on Splinter Cell Conviction and should have requested a refund right then and there. I already won't buy a game that uses GFWL and if Battlefield 3 wasn't going to be awesome, I would say fuck off to EA at this point. I am already not going to play TOR unless it gets superb reviews across the board, from everyone. They have me to the point where I simply won't purchase their games if this stuff is included.

I'm also back on the verge of just putting in completely fake information for everything on things like PSN and what not.

liveslowdiefast:
So i subscribe to jimquision plus+ how?

I think an announcement is forthcoming. This was the announcement of the announcement.

oneshotfinchy:
At least Jimquisition+ is better than those fucking Konami accounts.

Ah shit, tell me about it.

I spent longer signing up the play MGS4 online than I actually spent playing it. MGS4 controls and clunky movement makes probably the worst multiplayer experience I've ever had.

Konami made my list that day.

Ha, I laughed a lot at this one. This'll be one of the few series on here I'll actually bother to keep up with it.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here