Extra Punctuation: Upcoming Games Won't Suck, Hopefully

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Yahtzee Croshaw:

Halo 4 (5, 6, etc)

Not that I'm one to crow but I just want to slap a big fat "called it" on this one. I said at the end of the Halo: Reach review, despite Bungie's efforts to draw a decisive line under their seminal franchise, I fucking knew Microsoft wasn't going to let that particular cash cow finish its cud and leap the farmyard fence with dignity. Honestly, some people just can't let go of the past, can they.

No, some people just can't let go of the said cow's udder. They honestly couldn't care less about the past as long as their road to the bank is laid with golden bricks.

Kopikatsu:

Imp Emissary:

CT862:
So, no mention of Final Fantasy XIII-2? But its just Final Fantasy XIII again, with quick-time events. I'm sure Yahtzee would love it! :-)

Ha ha ha ha!

>( Oh, very nice. Do you know what you just did?! Now poor Yahtzee will have a nightmare.

Yahtzee: FFXIII-2?! I have to review this?!

The Escapist: Yes. You do, or we cut off your testicles.

Yahtzee: I'll go clean the knife.

*Later*

Yahtzee: Fucking worth it.

Fixed for you.

Oops. We still have a little problem here friend.

What was Fucking worth it?
Playing the game all the way? Or getting his testicles cut off so he didn't have to?

Anyway, I also think the Assassin's Creed's developers do have to go with a new character. I mean, how long can Ezio live and have (presumably) unprotected sex without getting the girls pregnant?!

I'm excited about the silent hill HD collection too. Hopefully they'll give the graphics a good overhaul, and keep everything else IDENTICAL.

no comments about saints row 3?

Sad he didn't talk about bf3 or mw3 because he would definitely have something interesting to say, but I know the reasons he didn't.

It's a little disappointing because I've often thought there needs to be a really decent survival-based game, like you have to cross a procedurally-generated desert while watching your food and water intake and finding shelter for each night.

There is one, it's called Minecraft.

AetherWolf:
I got the same reaction when they announced Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were getting an HD remake...

Uhm about Ico I know, but I never heard of a Shadow of the Colossus remake! I'm still seeking a used playable version of it that costs LESS than the retail price back when it was released. I only had if for a while as a rental and could never finish it, but I loved it as I had never loved a game before. And till this day I keep thinking about it. HD you say? Well if it's PS3 I will talk my flatmate into buying himself one and getting that game! Unless it's multi.

OT: I feel a bit guilty, I know that ANOTHER Halo isn't the right thing to want, but I just can't let go of the MasterChief and Cortana, I really miss those two. Hell I will probably wear a balaclava while pre-ordering it so I feel less ashamed for looking forward to it. Might even turn the lights off and close the curtains while playing, just in case someone notices.

YAHTZEE! YOU INTERESTING GAME CRITIC!
Do you ever plan to review Catherine?
After it comes out, of course.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
...brief, mystifying snatch of gameplay in which the protagonist stands in a cave firing a magic spell at what appears to be absolutely fucking nothing.

I'm casting Magic Missile.

Why are you casting Magic Missile? There's nothing to attack here.

I'm attacking the darkness!

What no Deus Ex 3? I know it has cover based shooting but still it has potential and a ten minute demo can't really do justice to a game where part of the fun is building up your character.

Wait, why would you have a HD remix of Silent Hill 3 if your not going to add the first one? That just seems silly to me. Also, it's going to have new voice actors, so lets see how that pisses people off shall we?

The second trailer didn't kill my interest for Dead Island, did anyone really think the game would be anything like the first trailer???

Ok. Now I have to watch The Black Adder again.

Yosharian:

Strange though, from reading/watching various things by you I was under the impression that you disliked silent protagonists? Call me a person with a poor memory, but didn't you bemoan the lack of voice-over by Isaac in Dead Space?

Actually he's fine with silent protagonists, what he didn't like about Isaac was that they were trying to make us feel sorry for a character who has no personality or defining characteristics.

xerounlimited:

Yosharian:

Strange though, from reading/watching various things by you I was under the impression that you disliked silent protagonists? Call me a person with a poor memory, but didn't you bemoan the lack of voice-over by Isaac in Dead Space?

Actually he's fine with silent protagonists, what he didn't like about Isaac was that they were trying to make us feel sorry for a character who has no personality or defining characteristics.

The whole point of the silent protagonist is you project your ego. You're not supposed to feel sorry for the character, like it's a movie. You're supposed to BE the protagonist. You project your OWN feelings.

No Prey 2? I think this was the best surprise coming out of e3.

Yosharian:

xerounlimited:

Yosharian:

The whole point of the silent protagonist is you project your ego. You're not supposed to feel sorry for the character, like it's a movie. You're supposed to BE the protagonist. You project your OWN feelings.

...And can you really feel sorry for yourself in that case? I certainly couldn't.

Since i can't be subjetive in my comments without feeling the wrath of a moderator, and getting banned, i'll just say that i agree.

Being along time Halo fan, I can't agree more with letting Halo die.
Its should have ended with 3. But they made one more.
Reach was ok. But once again, thats where it should have ended.

Now its becoming a joke.
3 more?
What and then another god awful RTS?
Another Spin off ODST Game?
Another Prequel?
And then three more!

For fuck sake Microsoft. Let it die.

Skyrim is a huge disappointment, I lost all of interest towards after E3. If the fucking developer team liked Fallout 3 so much then don't be shy and make a Fallout 4, I don't care, but why ruin a such good sequel. I rather to wait an another year with the release of the game just to make it at least descent.

Wow, Yahtzee called Halo 4, 5, 6, 19671? So did everybody else. Geez.

Yes Yahtzee, that feeling beginning from hearing HD remakes of Silent Hill is joy.

I'll just mention that the "spell casted at nothing" was basically a magic torch, look at the light and you see it clings to the wall

Yahtzee, they said BUNGIE wasn't working on Halo anymore, and they aren't. They said nothing about microsoft. =P

They will suck for as long the bar is set so low....... The only thing that has peeked my interest is dues ex human revolution, nearly everything else is trying to hard to be dumbed down. Well I am hoping DX:HR will be only as dumbed down as DX:IW was.... oh well *wanders back to jade empire*

Mass Effect with real time space combat battles "would" be pretty damn sweet..

Out of all the new stuff coming out, I'm only really excited about Silent Hill HDC too.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here