No Right Answer: Wood vs. Yellow

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Wood vs. Yellow

Chris and Kyle have a battle of wills on which weakness is more plausible for Green Lantern: Wood or the Color Yellow.

Watch Video

Topic was decent.

A better topic would have been... Supergirl or Power girl, Who'd ya rather?

I like the concept of this show, and will be sure to tune on a regular basis.

This looks like it has potential to be a hilarious show. Waiting for the inevitable "star wars vs Star trek" debate

I can see this going places, will be waiting for next week's!

But I hope there isn't much overlap between it and Bob's Big Picture. I can only take so much observational humor regarding COMICS ARE WEIRD before it gets stale.

What did I just watch O.o

I cracked up at the WOOD EVERYWHERE comment

I shall wait for more sirs.

Cool new idea for a show. The topics could be limitless! I'm curious as to what your fortunes were under the caps of your delicious Jones sodas?

Alan Scott's ring doesn't do wood? That makes as much sense as failing around hairdryers. The weakness to yellow is clearly more logical.

So the premise of this show is two nerds arguing about geek culture? Yeah, I'd watch that every week.

Not bad, not bad at all. Not excellent, either, but definitely not bad. I enjoyed this, and am interested to see where they go with this concept. Looking forward to next time.

Now THAT is an insightful comment. None of this "Hey, did you know that video game movie tie-ins are usually awful?."

Instead you pointed out a quite plausible solution to the problem while citing a great example that relates to the solution. Take heed, wannabe game journalists/commentators.

I've got no idea where these new shows come from, but this one certainly has the potential to be hilarious. Very interested to see what other topics you will discuss.

really funny. I hope all the episodes are as good as this one.

I liked this show. I like debates. Good points on both sides. I think that I will get a pencil if I ran into the green latern

I wish I could borrow tinkerbell ds game in the background.:P

These guys have a podcast that occasionaly updates as well, Armchair thinkers. Good for just listening to guys chat about comics, games or whatever. http://ideopod.com/armchair-thinkers/

Yojoo:
I can see this going places, will be waiting for next week's!

But I hope there isn't much overlap between it and Bob's Big Picture. I can only take so much observational humor regarding COMICS ARE WEIRD before it gets stale.

I started listening to their podcast when Moviebob was a guest a while back, so yeah crossover already happened (twice I think). The extra credits team have also guested on there.

The format of the show is pretty cool, lots of room for hilarity. Look forward to seeing more.

'i have wood everywhere' lol nice i'll defiantely tune into this it's inventive and original keep it up guys

This was enjoyable! Not many shows on here get me to watch the first episode all the way through. Good job guys!

The only time I actually enjoyed a blatant product placement. Self awareness is king!

Did I just watch some product placement?

Jones Soda! Now with 10% percent more Green!

So product placement is cool now?

This was pretty entertaining.
I'm looking forward for more.

I like it. It's like if Moviebob cloned and then argued with himself....Except you guys are less obnoxious.

Also, I giggled like a child at "I have wood everywhere!"

I like this concept, and those guys are funny. Actually both wood and yellow are bad weaknesses. They do it better in recent comics and the movie by saying it's the yellow power of fear, as personified by Parallax. However the movie goes on to ruin it by making Parallax a giant turd surrounded by a pee cloud, but that's irrelevant. I want to see more of this show.

I just have one major reservation. Was the product placement done ironically, or is this the latest money-raising idea for The Escapist?

If it's the latter, then it's really bad indeed. Even paying for the Publisher's Club won't get you out of seeing ads, which is liable to discourage subscriptions.

Uhm, well it's one of the better new things to come out in a while (discounting stuff from the LRR crew). I can see it going places, so lets hope it doesn't fade into obscurity 3 weeks in. Looking at you Creature Caster Masters!

Holy balls, its me and my friends podcast but a video edition lol

Wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it was rather entertaining. I'll definitely give it another go next week.

As for what I was expecting, I was thinking it might be more of a random question to people on the street thing. I could definitely see humour in going up to a random person and asking which is better Yellow or Wood. Though I suppose that would be more of a one off thing than a recurring show idea. heh

i wasnt sure but as it got going i started to really enjoy it.Nice idea with a little bit of polish it could be really good

I never understood the weakness of yellow I mean to make green you need yellow. so he is made of his own weakness.
not bad for a first episode.

Hitman Dread:
First I have to say
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5-JVvCrGC8

Wow that was great hahaha. I laughed so hard at I have wood! I have wood everywhere! Great idea for a show and I'm looking forward to seeing it continue.

Also go ahead and plug Jones soda. It's okay to plug amazing products.

That only raises the question, why didn't he go ape shit after he revealed the gun was wood?

Uhm... I'd like to make a point here, you both seem to be arguing entirely different points, (for the most part) with the guy advocating wood saying that it's a more desirable weakness to have if you had to choose, and the guy advocating yellow saying it's a more logical thing for that power in particular to be weak to, you're both right and thus most of the discussion is rendered rather moot... mildly entertaining but still moot.

Good show. The only thing I would say is to either look at the camera 100% of the time or completely ignore it, preferably the later. Also, Woodman vs Green Lantern would be pretty epic.

I have wood EVERYWHERE! xD epic quote.

Great show too, i'm gonna look out for more.

leviadragon99:
Uhm... I'd like to make a point here, you both seem to be arguing entirely different points, (for the most part) with the guy advocating wood saying that it's a more desirable weakness to have if you had to choose, and the guy advocating yellow saying it's a more logical thing for that power in particular to be weak to, you're both right and thus most of the discussion is rendered rather moot... mildly entertaining but still moot.

That's why there's "No Right Answer".

I'm also curious whether you had Jones Soda because you really like it, or if they're a sponsor. If they are a sponsor, then that's really cool, but it would be nice to know.

I sided with the non fat one.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or