Drinking Games: Mariokart DUI

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Was this supposed to be interesting....

Well I don't have any reason to hate this as much as Jimquisition, but it certainly is just as horrible.

Well I know people are going to more than likely say that this isn't up to whatever tone that The Escapist usually sets for itself. I am thankful however for the nice change of tone.

Ohh and this MAY be the only show/video that has had Mario Kart Wii and I've watched the whole way through.

Given that damn map that will be a very deadly game indeed.

Funny, I come home drunk and the escapist has a new show about drinking.

Huzzah, drunk and using the onscreen keyboard with no typos.

I stopped watching at "They seem pretty liquored up to me, which means they are having fun!"

...Seriously? I find this both tasteless and insulting. I seriously hope this video gets taken down before people start associating video games with alcohol poisoning. For fuck sakes, Escapist Magazine, kids come here. I don't usually sage on this website, but I hope you guys see the big picture before the first lawsuit.

bleh :P this show belongs over on thedrunkenmoogle.com
not escapist it has gaming in it but comes off insulting to those of us who play game when sober

Isn't one of the rules of responsible drinking to avoid drinking games? I mean I know that driving is the most irresponsible thing you can do but still.

I hope you expand this for things like "take a drink every time so and so plot makes no sense" or "a drink every time you see a rip off of God of War in Dante's Inferno".

Sorry, I can't really see myself coming back to this again. Watching this was like going to a bar or a party as a designated driver. Drunk people aren't fun to be around while sober and watching them on video (if they really are drunk) is even worse.

Funny but interested in how there going to keep the series fresh.

YES i hope this goes on for a loooonnnnnggggg time

Alfador_VII:
OK, this is a terrible video. For the first time on Escapist I didn't even get to the end of the first episode of a series. OK I get the idea of the drinking game is good, and would probably be a lot of fun for a bunch of people playing the game.

Watching someone commentate on people playing a drinking game, with fairly obviously badly acted shots of "drunk" players, simply doesn't work at all.

yeah same here, couldn't get through it, i agree completly

So, same creators as No Right Answer, and equally bland, poorly written and unfunny. Considering how the majority of the new shows on this site has been, I guess I should've seen this coming.

Why would I waste my time watching a video of people getting drunk when I could just go out and do the same?

Love the concept you have plenty to work with. Bit of a rough start but this is your first one up and I have full faith in you guys get get out there and drink some beer!....Game...Game is what I meant....<.<.....>.>

Blatant rip-off of The Game Station's recent series. Worse, it's not even as entertaining as TGS's series. How long did the video stay on the bunch of people "WHOA"-ing and "AWW"-ing? I got bored after a few seconds. It didn't even look like everyone was following the "rules" or even drinking at all.

This series will now result in many many video-game related hangovers...

,... With my whole-hearted approval!! :)

Great idea (a drinking game around Mario Kart) but this whole episode felt too forced, like they were trying too hard. Especially when it cut to the scenes of people playing, I didnt get the impression they were drunk but rather pretending to be drunk and wheres the fun in that? :p

Also confused by the tag line, "Dont try this at home"? I thought that was the point?

I like the concept, but could do with a few changes. Namely, remove the people playing the game and just explain rules for the game. So, make the rules more complex and demonstrate how each works. Also, no offence but the don't drink drive section, whilst excellent in content was very poorly acted. Other than that, I can get behind this show.

Hey, Escapist? You know the person that came up with this show? Fire them.

Boring commentary, terrible "acting" (I don't want to call it actual acting because doing so would be an insult to actors everywhere), and some really stupid skit thrown in make for something that belongs buried deep in the hell of Youtube.

cut the show length about a minute to cut filler (too much footage of the people) a shorter show would suit this format better i think.

Oh man, and I'm throwing a gaming party next week...

This leaves me with many questions, but the one I most want answered is: What does the guy say at 3:40 in the video? I really don't understand it.

... Yeah, sorry, I don't get the appeal, but then again my friends are crazy enough not to need alcohol for this.

Liquid Paradox:
I stopped watching at "They seem pretty liquored up to me, which means they are having fun!"

...Seriously? I find this both tasteless and insulting. I seriously hope this video gets taken down before people start associating video games with alcohol poisoning. For fuck sakes, Escapist Magazine, kids come here. I don't usually sage on this website, but I hope you guys see the big picture before the first lawsuit.

Exact that moment my antipathy turned to disdain.

So not being liquored up means you can't have fun.
Yeah, that's the right message .

You can't be serious, this is like a Public Service Announcement video or something. What is this? I can't believe people complain about the Jimquisition when garbage like this gets posted.

Can't believe someone passed on this pilot.

The fact that you're so desperately trying to seem like you have good intentions "drink responsibly, here's a boring fucking tip about drinking you probably already heard about" makes it evident that you're trying to disassociate the unethical vibe this show promotes on its premise alone.

It's a stupid idea for that reason, and it isn't even entertaining. The commentary is trash, and all I saw are a bunch of people shouting and playing mario kart.

pfft, lightweights, call that a drinking game...

Am I the only one who isn't amused by people drinking/getting drunk what-so-ever.

Meh.... The concept is good but TheWarpZone did it WAY better.

Hey Cool New Series! I love drinking, and I love gaming! This should prove interesting! I can't wait to try this new drinking game idea with my friends the next time we get together for some fun!

Welcome to the Escapist!

That was fun :) look forward to more (hopefully non-Wii next time...)

Yeah... this one doesn't work.
No Right Answer is good, this one just isn't going to hold up.
You know I've not been wrong yet.

group: Yyyeeeaaahh, woooooaaa, oooooohhh!

girl in back: Drriiink!

pass

Quality of the show? Whatever, the escapist isn't about high-budget, tight pieces. That said, I'd pick up the pace of your cuts if you really want to succeed here.

Entertainment value of the show? Near zero. Watching other people being drunk isn't often all that fun even when you're drinking at a party with them. This show needs to have more of a story. There's nothing happening here that doesn't happen when you turn a game on and leave it on the title screen for too long. I'm not saying it needs an epic story, just some kind of story. Give people names and personalities. Make them compete. It would inform the commentary and give our brains something to work with. Even MXC gives each competitor a one-line blurb before they run off to wipe out. Then go the next step and stage the races so that they're more interesting than watching someone suck at mario cart. Maybe ask yourselves why people watch normal racing and how that could be enhanced by a drinking game competition?

What this really looks like is a lack of effort. A bunch of people sat around and played a mario kart drinking game, someone had a good commentator voice, everyone had a lot of fun, then they pitched it as a show idea. Its not a *bad* show idea, its just wasn't very well thought through I think.

Better luck next time.

PS: I drink all the time with my friends and seeing a show about booze on the escapist jolted me a bit. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, but I do think it isn't necessarily in tune with the rest of the escapist's aesthetic, at least from my pov.

Ephraim J. Witchwood:
Hey, Escapist? You know the person that came up with this show? Fire them.

This may be appropriate, yes.

It might be more appropriate to fire the person who OK'd it. If the second episode is more of the same, then I could totally get behind that motion.

THIS IS AWESOME keep it coming!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or