Escape to the Movies: Cars 2

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Cars 2

The best movie about a talking tow truck you'll see this year.

Watch Video

Cars 2 is better?

Despite the focus on Mater?

*is confused*

I'll see it anyway.

NOW MAKE A FINDING NEMO 2!

I liked "Cars". I mean, it wasn't WallE or Toy Story, but it wasn't horrible. I'll likely not see this simply because I don't have kids, but I'll probably check it out after it releases On-Demand or something.

I liked the first one! Can't wait to see the Toy Story short now too.

Even though you said that cars is the worst pixar film it is still better than what Dreamworks animation team usually puts out.
but wait Michael Caine is in it? since he is my favourite british actor, I shall see it!

(Minor spoiler of the end of the review)

To my endless shame, I do remember "If Looks Could Kill". I thought I had forgotten it and all things Richard Grieco-related. Thanks a lot, Bob, for jogging my memory.

But good review for a film I probably won't see, since I still haven't seen the first one.

Cars is the only Pixar movie I haven't seen. I'll be at my in-laws' for the weekend with a bored six-year-old, while this movie doesn't interest me I suspect I'll enjoy going to see it (at least the going part, if not the seeing).

Well, now it looks like you'll be beating the "Green Lantern Sucks" dead horse for a while and maybe stop harping on Transformers and Micheal Bay (as that was starting to wear a lil thin)... oh... wait... Transformers is out... like in a week or two...

... that was short lived. :D

pre war cybertron....this just became a really good prequel.

I agree with you guys, I enjoyed Cars 1 and im planning to see this today, so it should be fun.

But wait... Planes? Come on Pixar we know your better than that!

Hmm. I'm sure Cars 2 is a movie that I wouldn't mind watching, but the fact remains that Cars 2 is the reason why we don't get a whole new awesome Pixar movie this year.

Strange how the "worst" Pixar movie is still fun to watch and amazing in the visuals. I'm going to see it cause I kind of have a kid.

I remember If Looks Could Kill. A film famous for having the Mission Impossible movie rip off its explosive gum gadget.

And Pixar should really get Brad Bird back on board, he's responsible for the best movies in their stable.

You know, when you say that a Pixar film is bad compared to the others that's still a damned good movie in my book. I liked the first Cars, even if it wasn't as deep and meaningful as the others it was still a damned fine movie.

I would watch a Pixar Transformers film. Daily.

Question. What did you not like about the Green Lantern movie? I haven't seen it yet but I wanted to.

I loved "If Looks Could Kill" when I was a kid. I don't dare re-watch it in case of destruction of childhood memories.
If this is what it takes to keep Pixar doing films like "Up" and "Toy Story", I don't mind. Might see it when my nephew inevitably gets it on DVD

Great review as always, but... isn't it "in memoriam"?

dex-dex:
Even though you said that cars is the worst pixar film it is still better than what Dreamworks animation team usually puts out.

OH SHUT UP, YOU'RE SO ANNOYING!

:p

OT: There goes my vow to never watch anything of MovieBob's again. I blame it on me not knowing Cars 2 was so close to release. Anyway, the family'll probably be getting this, like every CG-animated kids' film to come out, and like all the others, I'll probably enjoy it.

That stinger at the end made me go into hysterics, well done.

My nephew is going to love this no matter how it turns out and I'll probably go along for the ride. It isn't Pixar's best material but hey, it is still Pixar. Oh and thanks for reminding me that I still have to watch Toy Story 3.

draythefingerless:

More than that, it just became my personal canon! Mater is now the acidental first Prime and begining of the Matrix of Leadership. Who would have thought it was beans that were the prime material for it?

As soon as he said "world designed to fit physiology of Sentient cars" I thought, those words are too big for this movie... Transformers!(1980s animated deceptomatons version)

So you're totally certain that there's NEVER going to be another Green Lantern movie, even if it's a reboot?

Also, I never much cared for Cars and the fact they're amking a sequel makes me feel like Pixar's "selling-out", ESPECIALLY after finding out there's going to be a direct-to-DVD spin-off called Planes! This is like Michael Eisner Disney stuff, what the Hell Pixar?!

Still, it's nice to see it's not as bad as you made Cars 2 out to be. It's also nice to see that you backtracked all the bad things you said about Cars and said it's not as bad as everyone made it out to be.

lol, Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars.

The first cars was fine, no it's not amazing, but it's entertaining, especially for kids.

This is an obvious money grab, but as long as I can be entertained and the kids enjoy it, who cares. I have two kids so I already have to buy Cars everything anyway, and if it wasn't Cars it would be some other toy. So knowing that they at least earned the money by presenting me and my family with a decent movie, I'm ok with that.

It's a lot better than a terrible movie with crappy toys.

Finding Nemo is the best of the Pixar bunch in my opinion, followed by Toy Story 3.

OhJohnNo:

snick!

Don't you point your furry sausages at me you lemur!
I did not really like Madagascar.
the only movie that I did like was Shrek
sorry if that offends your lemur friend.

Alright Bob, good review as usual, you do a good job of presenting both sides, and honestly you've made me more inclined to see this movie than I first would have. It is kind of disheartening to see a company that's so consistently excellent put out something less than spectacular, but really it was only a matter of time. All things constant, an institution or person or idea will eventually fail you in some way, 100% of the time.

Additionally, please knock it off with the Green Lantern bashing. You did a review, you mentioned it on Big Picture, you made a jab here - I'm not saying you're not right, but you need to let it go before you start looking old-man, get-off-of-my-lawn-ish. And that's going to kill your shows in the long run, if you let that happen.

I hate explaining jokes but this is what I got fro the "Jaguar" thing.

Jaguar is a big cat. Another big cat is a Cougar.

Implying she is a Cougar by making her a Jaguar car.

Not that funny I know but that's what I think it is.

So... that chick who voiced that Jaguar... haha, I see what you did thar.
And that's really all I have to say. But at least I'm one of the first people to point that out, right?

Didn't like Cars, so can't imagine liking Cars 2. Cars was the only Disney movie that really felt that it was "kids-only" as opposed to their other movies that had adult subtexts. And especially when coming out after (adult) heavy-hitters such as Wall-E, Up and Toy Story 3, it looks like a very weak installment to the Pixar movie line-up. But I'm sure kids will enjoy it, and it will make enough money for the NEXT Pixar movie to be great. (Although, to be perfectly honest, I can't see them ever topping Toy Story 3. It's their Magnum Opus for sure)

... And I'll probably watch Cars 2 at some point, since I've watched all the Pixar movies. I'll just wait till it hits TV.

This was a surprisingly insightful review O.o

I totally expected you to mindlessly rip it to shreds, but you didn't, which was cool.

Am I the only one who noticed he spelled "In Memoriam" wrong?

I have to see this just for the toy story short

Moriarty70:

draythefingerless:

More than that, it just became my personal canon! Mater is now the acidental first Prime and begining of the Matrix of Leadership. Who would have thought it was beans that were the prime material for it?

so whos megatron?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or