Tales from the Table: Chapter 7: A Tale of an Elven Council

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Chapter 7: A Tale of an Elven Council

After being banished from the group, Falcore must now endure the trials of the Elven Council.

Watch Video

Great episode guys. One of the best yet. This show keeps growing on me, keep up the good work.

Wow... role-playing and football in one episode. As a rugby playing geek this spoke to me. Nice use of the characters. Good job guys.

This has definitely become a better series as it's moved its focus to the characters and parallels in their real lives. I kind of keep expecting the RPG jokes to reassert themselves, but I haven't exactly missed them- we've seen jokes about socially awkward gamers about a thousand times before.

I look forward to learning more about the other players.

There was a point where I thought it needed more overall story drive, but halfway through it really picked up and became awesome again. I love the real life parallels, I liked the mysterious elfs and the way the football was used to show his character flaw

EDIT: And his phonecall from the parents was :( and the end was :) (to destroy my credentials as someone capable of articulating thoughts)

Nice. You guys really have a penchant for storytelling. I'm really curious to see where this whole quest goes.

Yankeedoodles:
Nice. You guys really have a penchant for storytelling. I'm really curious to see where this whole quest goes.

I agree!
I can hardly wait to see the next episode.

I liked how they wove a "real life" lesson into the fantasy.

Keep up the good work.

I'm with everyone everyone else on the story focus bringing a lot more to The Table.
(See what I did there?)

I really liked the council, they seemed like cool people.

Man. If this keeps going like it has, this series is becoming one of the best things on the internet.

Because this hook of the parallels is positively brilliant.

Awesome. This is really interesting and entertaining to watch. Though most of all i want to know more about the GM... That one episode before that was his back-story was awesome, wonder if there's more to come.
Either way, i again cannot wait for the next episode to come out!

This is becoming one of the better escapist shows and one of my favourite.

Loved the transitions between the fantasy and real world situations. Very great work on this episode.

Owlslayer:
Awesome. This is really interesting and entertaining to watch. Though most of all i want to know more about the GM... That one episode before that was his back-story was awesome, wonder if there's more to come.
Either way, i again cannot wait for the next episode to come out!

Fully agree. The GM episode was my favorite and got me psyched for the rest of the show. Hell, they could write the show around him and while letting the other characters fall to the B and C plots. Plus the delivery on that episode as just perfect.

Don't get me wrong. I still dig this show. I just prefer the GM's story.

So glad to see the series is still around.

that was amazingly written and performed. the only downside there is, is that the better the writing and story are getting the less funny it gets. I meen this was a great episode but it didn't make me laugh or anything (this show used to be hilarious and thats why I watched this episode in the first place)

to my opinion it would be better if there was a bit more humer and jokes as there used to be-but maybe thats just me

great episode, this show is really good, keep up the good work

awe, that was a cute episode. keep up the great work gang!

This series has turned out to be awesome. Proper character driven plots and development. Well done guys.

...So the elves in this story, are Nazi's? You lose your Golden Blonde hair, you're suddenly not good enough to be one of them? Although I guess, to be fair, they atleast offer him a way to "redeem" himself.

.....for not being a member of the Master Rac-Wait, that's not better at ALL!!

/Reading too much into shit

I was half expecting him to drop the D&D group for the sports group that was more accepting and patient with him. It probably would have been a tad cliche though.

The costumes are AMAZING; mucho kudos to whoever put those together.

Oh, and good on the lass playing aussie rules, it can't be easy amongst a group of sweaty boys!

I really love this show, the character development is great and I love how we get more intimate with the characters with each passing show. The fantasy story is good too so I hope we do not get too much into the real life characters, every second or third show with heavy character development is nice, but much more will properly become too much.

The video wont play for me, every other video on this site will apart from this one! QQ

Amazing Episode, there were so many good things that I would fill a whole comments page listing them.
Keep up the good work, no constructive criticism here.
Really enjoyed it, good writing, acting, and production values.

I'll admit. The first time I say this show I didn't really think it could have a real "deep" story, but this one put an end to that thought. I don't want the jokes to go away completely, but a good serious story can be just as entertaining as a funny one. You're doing it right friends. Just right. Keep it up! :)

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not a big fan of Falcore.

I'm so glad this episode is finally up - what happened?!

I really liked this episode. Not as funny the whole way through maybe, but I loved the montage of him hanging out on his own. Really cute. And I like seeing AFL being represented! Go Aussies!

Also, Ceredwyn's elf-voice was ace. Those costumes are amazing too. Great work, guys! More more more please.

Wow guys, great episode! Loved the deeper story line and the parallels drawn between fantasy and reality. He was fighting himself! I get it! It's an inner struggle! Anyway, bottom line: loved it and can't wait for more.

IndianaJonny:
The costumes are AMAZING; mucho kudos to whoever put those together.

Oh, and good on the lass playing aussie rules, it can't be easy amongst a group of sweaty boys!

They are the one in the same I believe, at least the girl is both credited as a footballer and in Costume & Make up.

P.S This Show is Awesome, I don't really care for the other new shows and I thought after last week that this show was dropped if favour of the new shows. I am glad to see that is not the case.

ok guys, even though i hate it....

IT'S AFL .... not rugby >< :D

ALSO GO QUEENSLAND BEAT THOSE DIRTY BLUES!

I'm definitely liking Falcore's channeling of Belkar Bitterleaf, but at the same time it's not the same without playing the game. :/

Kudos, guys.

I also love the costumes. Elissa Hullah is a genius!!! And it was cool to see her make a cameo appearance in the football game too. Well done - I love this series.

Truly all kinds of awesome! I really enjoy this series, it's a good balance of funny and serious, epic fantasy, and practical reality. :) Keep up the great work!

Disturbawesome.

Although Falcore was initially not a favorite, the new depth his loneliness shows here made him an understandable character with whom I could sympathize for. I suspect this was the point and wish to compliment both him, and your writers, for a job well done.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here