Trailers: Team Fortress 2: Meet the Medic

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Tizzmarelda:
there's someone in the background just as the dove is hit by a chunk of heavy heart. 0.o

That's Miss Pauling.

Mallefunction:
I've had this game for almost a year now since I bought The Orange Box for Half-life 2 and Portal (not a huge fan of online multiplayer) but color me intrigued.

How friendly is the online community to newcomers? That's always been what turns me away from online play (usually before I can even start to grasp the controls and such, I end up dead and starting over because some asshat didn't even let me get 5 seconds into the match).

Valve games have notoriously good communities and TF2 is no exception. Can you imagine the enormous hate most multiplayer communities would have to the "newfag" (hate that term...) rush that's ensuing since it became F2P? From what I've seen, the TF2 players are handling it really well and since there are tons of new players you wouldn't have to worry about being totally clobbered.

I've always been sore about having it for 360 and getting TOTALLY ripped-the-fuck-off, but I think this makes up for it...

Mallefunction:

How friendly is the online community to newcomers? That's always been what turns me away from online play (usually before I can even start to grasp the controls and such, I end up dead and starting over because some asshat didn't even let me get 5 seconds into the match).

Really depends on the servers. There are some people who spawn camp, but there are usually two ways out of every spawn.

In the entire time I've been on (1140 hours) I don't think I've heard someone being yelled at for being a noob.

But yeah, sometimes a sniper will headshot you within 5 seconds. Look where he is, switch class, pound him. :)

cairocat:

Valve games have notoriously good communities

Gonna have to disagree on L4D/L4D2 here, there are some total asshats on that that will ragekick you for any infraction to their plans.

sounded like rictofen from cod

That was awesome, but my favourite is still meet the spy, also; I play spy.
It's fun to think of the players face when he heals you and you backstab his teammate.
"Oh, a teammate, I will heal you! *ally backstabbed, spy revealed* Oh....."

Who, what, was that thing in the background at :56?

Yea earth, fire, wind and water are cool, but this time it was the power of heart that caused the rivers of blood to flow. Captain Planet would be pleased.

Mallefunction:
I've had this game for almost a year now since I bought The Orange Box for Half-life 2 and Portal (not a huge fan of online multiplayer) but color me intrigued.

There is a high learning curve and lots of specific info to know but it is all available on the TF2 wiki.
On the servers I go there is a good attitude towards newcomers. But it really varies alot between servers. My best advice is to go to high population games (like 24-30 players) with a low respawn rate. The high number of players means that you can watch your team and learn stuff, you are less likely to be annoyed by that one specific player on the enemy team, you don't have to worry that much about having to complete the objective all by yourself and you get a better skill distribution. Low respawns encourage suicidal actions from enemies (allowing you to learn how to shoot stuff) and lessens newbie death penalties.

Just downloaded the game but my PC won't run it without massive LAG. Is that normal or does my PC just suck so much?

I love you Valve. That was awesome, & making the game free is a great move.

Incidentally, if the spy is in the fridge with the sandvich, is the meet the sandvich video done from the point of view of the spy?

viggih7:

freaper:

Tizzmarelda:
there's someone in the background just as the dove is hit by a chunk of heavy heart. 0.o

Judging from the posture and the silver hair, I'm guessing it's the Announcer.

Actually, it's Miss Pauling the Announcers assistant

p.s. go read the comics because they offer a lot of backstory

I did, but months ago, so I might've switched them around.

I thought the video was awesome. My favourite part was the "should I be awake?" section, although the Medic was awesome from start to finish.
As far as the rest of the update goes, I really enjoy the fact they added training. One of the big reasons I never got this game before was how daunting it was to just play in the middle of experienced players right away. Now I can play offline and practice a lot before I first play with other people.

Awwww...don't be such a baby, ribs grow back *no they don't*

memes - Doctor-Patient Confidentiality

Come to think of it i'm alot like the medic surprisingly. i always thought i was like the demomamn

Just have to meet the pyro now, and then ive met them all!

Also, i think its pretty damned brilliant that TF2 is now free. I finally have enough money to buy it!

So that's why the scout can double jump, he's part bird

"hahaaa, I HAVE NO IDEA!"

Ever since the video came out, this is stuck in my head

Crank 3

I liked the little jab at Serious Sam at the end when he was standing on top of all of the dead soldiers.

Jabberwock xeno:
Still want meet the pyro.

Also, I saw a heart labeled loch ness monster in the fridge.

For that, I give valve my thanks.

I think that is the last in the "Meet the" series. I mean they've done everyone else already right?

Maybe they'll finally make it official that the Pyro is a girl (love playing Pyro! Burn it all! mwahaha!).

megapenguinx:

Jabberwock xeno:

I think that is the last in the "Meet the" series. I mean they've done everyone else already right?

Maybe they'll finally make it official that the Pyro is a girl (love playing Pyro! Burn it all! mwahaha!).

Well, quite possibly the last of the 'Meet the Team' vids, but they did devote an entire vid to 'Meet the Sandvich', so, there could be more stuff they've got planned.

GothmogII:

megapenguinx:

Jabberwock xeno:

Well, quite possibly the last of the 'Meet the Team' vids, but they did devote and entire vid to 'Meet the Sandvich', so, there could be more stuff they've got planned.

I'm kind of hoping for a "Meet the announcer" video.

Still, good to see Valve supporting their game so long after release.

This one is far better, then any other Meet The Team.

And it answers the age old question, how the hell ubercharge works.

Now, THAT man loves his job !

What was noise?

...Progress.

Oh, Valve, you do know how to make trailers. That was hilarious.

Zhukov:
As a dedicated Heavy, I approve of this trailer.

Medics are awesome.

As a dedicated medic I thank you.
OT: Valve, or whoever makes these, should make a movie. The TF2 stuff, The l4d intros, all amazing.

'You have no idea... how much this hurts.'

can't wait to get my PC fixed!

Tizzmarelda:

It's Miss Pauling, the Announcers Assistant. It's the first time she's appeared in anything other than the TF2 comics.

OT: Love it, I think i've watched it over 20 times now. :3

Oh yeah,

Wow. Just wow. They just keep getting better and better. Meet the Pyro is going to be epic.

That was so worth the wait.

In the words of Gordon Freeman, 'This was Woo-tastic!'

I keep re-watching this, it must be good.

I have a two part question about this.

Part 1: What was the switch on the bottom of the medigun? (I personally think it's a safety)

Part 2: If it IS a safety or power switch, why wouldn't it always be off or on respectively?

I don't play Team Fortress 2, but I LOVE these Meet the Team trailers!

Finally, I waited for years.
This is awesome, he is the embodiment of mad medical science, and I love the video.
Awesome jokes, Valve can still deliver.
Now, is there anyone left?

That label said Loch ness hamster

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook