Escapist Podcast: 007: Game of Thrones and Team Fortress 2

Pages PREV 1 2

I just wanted to thank you guys, for me this podcast is Much more honest, informative and real than others of this nature, for example G4s Feedback.

Moeez:

The Escapist Staff:
007: Game of Thrones and Team Fortress 2

This week, we talk about adaptations, specifically HBO's Game of Thrones and Alice Madness Returns. We also discuss Team Fortress 2, free-to-play models and answer some listener questions.

Watch Video

Criticising Madness Returns on your wishes rather than what's there in the game (3D platformer) and was established from the first game, is biased. Math and word play challenges in Madness Returns would be even more badly viewed by game critics who already favour simpler games like shooters or action games. Lewis Carroll was a MATHEMATICIAN and a LOGICIAN, so he wrote from what he knew. American McGee is a videogame designer, so he develops from what he knows. Unrealistic expectations.

But he developed based on a story by Lewis Carroll; so there will be expectations based on that original story. It's not unrealistic, that simpletons won't like the game if it's based on the original story - would not make it unrealistic as an expectation, simply less profitable.

bunji:
She did it again! Where have i heard "be-a-cuase" before?! Its driving me crazy!

Here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/558516

:)

Cornish:

Moeez:

The Escapist Staff:
007: Game of Thrones and Team Fortress 2

This week, we talk about adaptations, specifically HBO's Game of Thrones and Alice Madness Returns. We also discuss Team Fortress 2, free-to-play models and answer some listener questions.

Watch Video

Criticising Madness Returns on your wishes rather than what's there in the game (3D platformer) and was established from the first game, is biased. Math and word play challenges in Madness Returns would be even more badly viewed by game critics who already favour simpler games like shooters or action games. Lewis Carroll was a MATHEMATICIAN and a LOGICIAN, so he wrote from what he knew. American McGee is a videogame designer, so he develops from what he knows. Unrealistic expectations.

But he developed based on a story by Lewis Carroll; so there will be expectations based on that original story. It's not unrealistic, that simpletons won't like the game if it's based on the original story - would not make it unrealistic as an expectation, simply less profitable.

But it's not a remake, it's McGee's dark and twisted interpretation. Mental hospitals, blood, language (Alice is called a "fucking cunt" by a brute in the real world near the Mangled Mermaid!), combat, new creatures, disturbing imagery (there's a Prawn Jesus crucifixion, seriously), and a more mature Alice. I don't think anyone would be misled what this is trying to be.

Hey wait, there ARE math puzzles in Alice MR! I just forgot. They are on the "Paint the Rose" challenge rooms, most are combat survival rooms, but there are a few with logic puzzles. So, Steve Butts, you clearly weren't looking hard enough ;)

And logic puzzles!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 59924)