Unskippable: Homefront

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Homefront

When Korea takes over America, they also kind of lose.

Watch Video

The video:
Now Playing: Legend of the guardians: The owls of Ga'Hool.

That can't be right.

That cinematic seemed terrible on its own - almost not needing the commentary.

Although "Watch out for the ... oh" made me smile for the ridiculous apathy conveyed. I could play a whole game with someone that unflinching and uncaring for a main character.

"Oh, nuclear launch detected. That's a shame", "I caught all the Pokemon discovered [so far]. That's kind of cool"

EDIT: Obligatory "first" comment; to then be mocked for missing the valuable, coveted first place. How my Monday is more the poorer for missing it :(

Wieke:

The video:

That can't be right.

My thoughts exactly.

Wieke:

The video:

That can't be right.

Well, I've never played LotG, but everything looked as if owls were running the place, so it's fine.

My lord, some of the cheapest tactics to make you hate the enemies possible:
Faceless enemies, sinister lectures, parent murder, eye scanners. utterly ridiculous.

That was eerily like an "It's a Small World" ride, in both perspective and story-telling subtleness

Only five comments? Is the comment section broken or something?

BrotherRool:
That was eerily like an "It's a Small World" ride, in both perspective and story-telling subtleness

HAHA! Excellent. I remember that day I went on that ride as a kid. Still wake up screaming.

I love it when my enemies are filled with taco sauce. It makes the clean up so much more fun!

"This bag is full of my fart. You smell it."
Best fart joke ever.

Quite frankly, I don't think kicking a puppy would be indicative of the degree of evil that the developers were trying to get across. They'd have to strap it into a trebuchet or something. And have the counterbalance to the trebuchet be composed of dying kittens. Lava would probably also have to enter the equation at some point.

Kinda wished you'd done the opening sequence. That's where you learn that the Korean EMP weapon is so precise it stops right at the 49th parallel. Which is mighty neighbourly of them.

Haha, that Batman thing had me giggling. As for the scene itself - which is supposed to be so mightily horrifying - it all seems incredibly forced.

Woodsey:
Haha, that Batman thing had me giggling. As for the scene itself - which is supposed to be so mightily horrifying - it all seems incredibly forced.

Ya. "Koreans are killing people and ruining your neighbourhood, DEAL WITH IT!"

Not much to add about this Intro tbh...boring and dull cutscene, sucked the life out of Graham and Pauls' Commentaries =(

randommaster:

Wieke:

The video:

That can't be right.

Well, I've never played LotG, but everything looked as if owls were running the place, so it's fine.

ROFL. Ah well ...they are allowed to make some mistakes.

As long as they keep up the funny. :)

Paul and Graham Go To White Castle would be an interesting movie.

It could do for nerds what Harold an Kumar did for stoners.

It's good to know, that when your country is occupied there will still be white castle.

Woodsey:

Indeed.
I still don't know why they leave the small kid alive, instead of beating him to death with his father's body... That would have been eviler, right?

Wieke:

The video:

That can't be right.

I was going to point that out, but it looks like it's already been covered.

Also yeah thanks very much for the mental image guys. I'm going to nightmares tonight.

hermes200:

Woodsey:

Indeed.
I still don't know why they leave the small kid alive, instead of beating him to death with his father's body... That would have been eviler, right?

No no. Eviler ...would be beating the father to death with the small kid alive ...possibly killing the kid in the process.

But more evil than that was the mental image they've given me. Thanks a bunch. :P

webrunner:

But they're already there! And they only wrecked one school bus in the process.

Ugh. I hate such blatant ploys to make me detest an antagonist. Give me an enemy I can relate to and understand.

Nashidar:

hermes200:

Woodsey:

Indeed.

No no. Eviler ...would be beating the father to death with the small kid alive ...possibly killing the kid in the process.

But more evil than that was the mental image they've given me. Thanks a bunch. :P

Yeah, seriously... I need Brain Bleach now.

Wow. At the beginning I actually thought the scene was those DPRK soldiers forcibly enlisting a North Korean guy, and then you'd switch to the view of an American soldier and have to think about how the people you're killing, just like you, don't all want to be there, don't want to kill and don't want to die.

Then I realized it was just some pre-game demonization.

The funny part is that most heroe's comments were talked over XD Batmans for the Win XD

Aside from the title error in the video, the Batman joke had me laughing. Also I never been to White Castle. I wonder what their food taste like. :P

Was hoping they'd address the soldier in the bus who gets killed in the escape, though I guess he was just the cost of war.

I call BS! There are no White Castles in Colorado, let alone Montrose.

webrunner:

This would be amazing. Hopefully it becomes a LRR sketch at some point, at the very least.

I just can't watch this stuff, I don't care what nationality of the people involved, or even if they weren't people. Some of the parts of District 9 got me in the same way.

kab040:
It's good to know, that when your country is occupied there will still be white castle.

Eh, not that good. White Castle's delicious, but because they put onions in everything, it'll leave you with a horrible case of the the squats. It'd be pretty disadvantageous to suddenly have your stomach rumbling when your in a middle of a rebel mission.

I bet the Koreans planned that.

So are the PS3 and 360 versions of Owls of Ga'Hoole really so graphically different, or did someone just forget to change the title card to Homefront?

Really subtle storytelling in that opening. It's almost like they want you to like the Koreans... Nah, it's as subtle as a large hammer. Loved the Batmans comment though, that was funny.

I loved the bit where the soldier comes in and says "You can thank me later" because I thought the same thing when I was at that part myself. Well, he did kill the annoying guy in the seat in front of me, so I guess I should thank him...

So, why was the movie late in coming and why the wrong title card? Is LRR starting to lose enthusiasm for Unskippable? If you guys would rather go biweekly to do this that will be fine with me. It's not the frequency that matters so much as the value. It is summer, maybe just do a Best of... for a couple of weeks, and take a little time off.

webrunner:

I would pay full ticket price to see that. Although maybe we just did. Instead of the shitter twins we get the fartbag girls.

Honestly I think a game/comic about Batman as a freedom fighter in an occupied America would be way more interesting than this.

And I guess they had to make the N. Koreans that blatantly asshole-ish since they couldn't make the main characters even remotely likeable. The black guy was alright I guess but *spoiler alert* he dies before we really get to know him.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here