Miracle of Sound: Sweet L.A. (A Song of L.A. Noire)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Sweet L.A. (A Song of L.A. Noire)

Sweet L.A., why do you hurt me like you do?

Watch Video

Currently the best thing on the Escapist, without a doubt. Your vocal range and your ability to stray into less modern genres of music always impresses me.

Alright, that was just plan sexy and very well done. I loved the black and white filter used for most of the video as well. Great job as always Sound and can't wait to see what you do next! :D

damn.... this is good, really impressive actually.

Every time I see a new video by you I think "well this cant possibly be as good as the last one" but every time I end up proven wrong. You are really good at what you do.

Pshh... these songs are really getting old fast. Put a little work into it next time. From the bottom of my heart, I really have to tell you Miracle... I mean the exact opposite of what I just said :P

By far my favorite song yet. The two guys who backed you up on this were great as well. I cringed when I saw there would be a sax involved, but damn, you guys hit a sweet spot. Also, it's good to hear you using more range with your voice. I hope you can forgive me for the first two lines... I'm a jerk like that ; )

Lets hear it for Jack O'Rourke on Piano & Saxophonist Gary Baus. You all made a cool song, I want an album please, thank you.

This one was awesome MOS. I need to marathon through your songs and see if I can arrange a top 5 list XD

Obligatory user group plug

I really love how you capture the atmosphere of the game in your songs. This fits perfectly with the game.

Beautifully done!

Dude, that's the best one so far. Seriously.

It might just be my unreasonable over-infatuation with the game, but dude, you really put some major work into mixing this to perfection.

Great job.

Also, major props to Jack and Gary, apparently. Kickass instrumentals.

I dig how you make it sound like something that belonged in the soundtrack of the game. Very classy.
Great vocals but it would've also worked as a duet with some female vocals in there too. Y'know, someone to lay on the piano.

Can't beat Wasteland Soul. But still made of significant amounts of win!

Sober Thal:
Pshh... these songs are really getting old fast. Put a little work into it next time. From the bottom of my heart, I really have to tell you Miracle... I mean the exact opposite of what I just said :P

By far my favorite song yet. The two guys who backed you up on this were great as well. I cringed when I saw there would be a sax involved, but damn, you guys hit a sweet spot. Also, it's good to hear you using more range with your voice. I hope you can forgive me for the first two lines... I'm a jerk like that ; )

Lets hear it for Jack O'Rourke on Piano & Saxophonist Gary Baus. You all made a cool song, I want an album please, thank you.

pretty much this :D I hate I tunes so if you made an actual C.D. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

I love the sheer variety of sound that comes out of these. Liked this one, but I still can't get over Mining All Day Long. I don't even PLAY Minecraft and I can't stop listening to that song.

That sounded great.
I'm not into music like that myself, i find it somewhat slow, i guess.
But still i enjoyed this one quite a lot.

OK, this is starting to scare me now. How on Earth do you manage to write a new song (making sure it fits the game it's inspired by), record and sing it, and somehow STILL make it AWESOME . . . . all in the space of two weeks? Seriously? Because unless you can survive without food and sleep, I don't see how it's possible!

Ahem. In all seriousness though, this is another shining example of just how good a musician you are. Fits the game perfectly and is completely fantastic to boot. I salute you sir. *salutes*

Keep the hits a comin'

Also when can we expect a CD? I'd seriously shell out some cash for this stuff.

Totally getting a Faith No More vibe from this. Which is good.

Flexing the vocal muscles on this one. Very nice. And who was that on sax? Please give credit where credit is due.

Duffeknol:
Totally getting a Faith No More vibe from this. Which is good.

<3 FNM are one of my great loves, so thanks!

warfjm:
Flexing the vocal muscles on this one. Very nice. And who was that on sax? Please give credit where credit is due.

The credits are in the description and video credits roll. Also, thanks :) was a tough one to sing but worth the effort I think.

Sober Thal:

There are plans for an album, gonna work on it with the Escapist! And yeah, Jack and Gary are some seriously talented guys.

Sparrow:
Currently the best thing on the Escapist, without a doubt. Your vocal range and your ability to stray into less modern genres of music always impresses me.

And now my day is made :) Thanks dudes!

I watched this before zero punctuation. I think that says it all. This is officially my new favorite song.

Fucking awesome. This screams "seedy night club", just the way it should be in a noire setting. My friend, you have an absolutely astounding voice, and I can't think of a better way to put it to use! Also, serious props to your pals at the sax and the piano. :)

I think this song, more than any other you've done so far, told me more about the game than any review I've seen. I haven't even played it yet, but now I actually want to just to see what game inspired such a kick-ass tune.

I'm not much of a Blues man.... but credit where it's due: That was friggin awesome. The very fact that you can mix up your style so radically, from one week to the next, is very impressive in it's own right however.

So. Damn. Awesome.
I think you're my new favourite artist.

Wow. That was really different from what you usually do. And it's also great to hear your voice without some kind of semi-audio filter that makes it sound like there's like three of you.

I think this one is one of your best. My favorites right now are your Batman song, Wheatley's song and this one.

Outstanding work. This one is my favorite thus far. Thank you!

Wow. Just... Wow. You blow me away nearly every week- I have rarely, if ever, seen an artist cover this big of a range and this many genres of music and still somehow make them all sound unique and great. The seedy, jazzy vibe I got from this one sent chills up my spine. Simply amazing.

If/when you release your album, expect to see me lining up to buy it on day one.

IamQ:
Wow. That was really different from what you usually do. And it's also great to hear your voice without some kind of semi-audio filter that makes it sound like there's like three of you.

Actually that's not an audio filter, I sing it 3 times.

that fit so damn well with this game, well doe man :D
I liked how you kept most of the sequences in BW :)

dalek sec:
Alright, that was just plan sexy and very well done. I loved the black and white filter used for most of the video as well.

Most of the black & white footage in the video is captured straight from the game in black & white mode. You can actually play LA Noire in black & white if you choose. It's ... kind of awesome.

Great song. Would like to know when these will be available to buy, (or if they already are, where), cuz I will totally buy an album of these songs.

Cuz...thats how we all get our music. Through legal sales. *carefully looking around in case the FBI is listening*

I noticed the shooting is pretty much the same as in Red Dead Redemption (at least the "crosshair"). It's like this game is a sequel to Red Dead, except replacing John Badass Marston with Coal PH31-P5.

Every song is different

Every song is catchy

Every song is fun to hear

Every song embodies the game it represents so very well

Everything about your songs are top notch. Your songs give me something to hum at work, and they make my life just alittle bit happier. For whatever its worth coming from me your doing an incredible job, and I look forward to next weeks song eagerly.

JourneyThroughHell:
Dude, that's the best one so far. Seriously.

It might just be my unreasonable over-infatuation with the game, but dude, you really put some major work into mixing this to perfection.

Great job.

Also, major props to Jack and Gary, apparently. Kickass instrumentals.

I don't think your infatuation is unreasonable, its an awesome game!

And yeah those two guys rock. serious talent.

Didn't like the game, but this is a great song. I also enjoyed Wasteland Soul, and my girlfriend loved Mind of the Bat. You and your band are very flexible and talented, keep up the good work.:)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here