Miracle of Sound: Sweet L.A. (A Song of L.A. Noire)

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Sebenko:
Come for Zero Punctuation, Stay for Miracle of Sound.

absolutely man. Abso freakin lutely

Don't get me wrong, I love your songs (you're welcome for the $1.07, btw), and I have Mining All Day Long and Gordon Freeman Saved My Life! on my iPod, but I didn't listen to this one. I love how you switched over from your usual "rap" songs to a blues song, but that's the thing, I just don't like blues.

And do you take requests? If so, can you do a Nazi Zombies song? Only TEAMHEADKICK has done one, as far as I know, and I think you would kick ass with it, as always.

ThatGuyWithTheShotty:
I love how you switched over from your usual "rap" songs to a blues song, but that's the thing, I just don't like blues.

Gotta stop ya there dude... I've never done a rap song in my life :D

MiracleOfSound:

ThatGuyWithTheShotty:
I love how you switched over from your usual "rap" songs to a blues song, but that's the thing, I just don't like blues.

We need you to do a death metal song

Sucal:

I've done a few actually, here's a couple

MiracleOfSound:

Sucal:

Yes, but I mean a full song. Not just one and a half minute teasers.

Sucal:

MiracleOfSound:

Sucal:

Yes, but I mean a full song. Not just one and a half minute teasers.

Lol, those are the full songs, they're just short :D

Honestly though, I don't have the vocal or guitar ability to do proper full on death metal.

MiracleOfSound:
'Tis just me, no band! Got guest musicians in for this song :)

this surprised and amazed me the most! I love this song and the mood it sets!

MiracleOfSound:

ThatGuyWithTheShotty:

You've never done a "rap" per se, in the terms of songs like THK or JT Machinima put out, but you do rap style songs. Repeating the chorus, fucking catchy lyrics and rhythm, and it telling a "story", ie the parts of the song being logically connected (Like GFSML, where the parts around the chorus connected logically). You might have a different definition of "rap" style songs, and that's alright.
But still, you need to do a Nazi Zombies song. You'd get another $1.07.

ThatGuyWithTheShotty:

You've never done a "rap" per se, in the terms of songs like THK or JT Machinima put out, but you do rap style songs. Repeating the chorus, fucking catchy lyrics and rhythm, and it telling a "story", ie the parts of the song being logically connected (Like GFSML, where the parts around the chorus connected logically). You might have a different definition of "rap" style songs, and that's alright.

Fair enough. I personally think gaming raps are way over done, plus I'm a skinny Irish guy which is why I tend to stay away from that whole area. I do produce for rappers here though, so maybe that spills into my stuff sometimes, a song like Necromorph Soup definitely has a hip hop influence in the beat and synths.

As for Zombies, well I just wasn't a fan of the game mode - didn't enjoy the feeling of being overwhelmed! Same with L4D actually. Great games but I didn't enjoy them.

Dead Island might inspire something though :)

MiracleOfSound:

ThatGuyWithTheShotty:

Fair enough. I personally think gaming raps are way over done, plus I'm a skinny Irish guy which is why I tend to stay away from that whole area. I do produce for rappers here though, so maybe that spills into my stuff sometimes, a song like Necromorph Soup definitely has a hip hop influence in the beat and synths.

As for Zombies, well I just wasn't a fan of the game mode - didn't enjoy the feeling of being overwhelmed! Same with L4D actually. Great games but I didn't enjoy them.

Dead Island might inspire something though :)

Heh, lol. Yeah, NS was a sort of rap, so was "I Suck At Call of Duty" (I need to memorize it, it's the story of my life. Well, half of the time anyway, other half is full of Care Packages and Cobras). I can completely respect anyone not doing something if they don't like it or don't want to do it.
And yeah, I can totally get that too. I'm gifted with some friends who're actually good at the game, shame half of them are faggots that ragequit when they die after pack-a-punching the Spectre (seriously, wtf? Oh, and why doesn't Chrome recognize the European spelling of that?), and screaming for me to revive him. Sorry pal, I can't run at 60 MPH while being chased by a fucking horde. Who do you think I am, The Marine or Duke? The whole getting overwhelmed part is generally despised, like some guy getting bored when he was supposed to guard a door, then 50 zombies coming to gangrape you. Or someone not announcing he's coming through your kiting circle, fucking up your circulation. Sorry, ranted a bit there, didn't I?
If it has generic zombie parts (not saying the song would be generic, but it would have lyrics similar to songs for other Zombie games, such as Hide Your Kids), then I'll probably memorize it.

The composition and lyrical work are all so flowing, so complex yet beautifully fitting to both LA Noire and the entire blues genre. Everything seems necessary, and nothing can be added to make it better, a stellar song in every aspect.

Also, Bravo on the voice. That range is ridiculous.

Please pardon the language, but you are fucking awesome. Rock on with your bad self.

I'll be honest here. I am not a fan of this song, but I know you're making a song that fits the theme. So I still like you more than Rebecca Mayes

ThatGuyWithTheShotty:

Heh, lol. Yeah, NS was a sort of rap, so was "I Suck At Call of Duty" (I need to memorize it, it's the story of my life. Well, half of the time anyway, other half is full of Care Packages and Cobras). I can completely respect anyone not doing something if they don't like it or don't want to do it.

Yeah, it's more that it's so overdone and in my opinion doesn't require a whole lot of talent to do. Controversial opinion maybe, but it's how I feel!

Kenji_03:
I'll be honest here. I am not a fan of this song, but I know you're making a song that fits the theme.

That's totally ok dude lol

Condor219:
The composition and lyrical work are all so flowing, so complex yet beautifully fitting to both LA Noire and the entire blues genre. Everything seems necessary, and nothing can be added to make it better, a stellar song in every aspect.

Also, Bravo on the voice. That range is ridiculous.

Why thanks you :) Lovely comments there. It makes me happy when people take the time to listen to the song that deeply and think about what makes it what it is.

Personally I would have added some more brass - some horns maybe, but alas, my budget did not stretch that far!

Awesome song! SO catchy and so smooth, must have more lol.

Woah. Just amazing MoS (and Gary and Jack!)
This fits L.A Noire so perfectly, it could pass as the end credits or something!

Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve :)

You have an incredible amount of talent, really. The amount of genres you've covered so far is staggering, and every song has been excellent anyway. Get famous already, we need someone like you going mainstream.

Also, SAXOPHONE. YES.

FinalHeart95:
Also, SAXOPHONE. YES.

This. Saxophone and Miracle of Sound are the two best things that ever happened to music. Now they're together.

Hello, miracle of sound. Here is my money.

TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE IT!!!!

I feel like this is one of your more underrated tracks Gav. Keep up the good work!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here