Zero Punctuation: Infamous 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

lithium.jelly:
Yeah, sounds good and all, but if you're after a nit to pick, here's one: It's only on bloody Playstation! FFS I'm really goddamn tired of this exclusives business. Someone needs to explain to developers, preferably using lots of sharp pointy memory aids, that games released on only one platform are artificially limiting their audience and therefore sales. I think exclusives hold back gaming as a medium, and really ought to result in the automatic loss of a point or two in the old ten point review scale.

Exclusives are what keep Sony going. With nothing new going for them consolewise except the PSMove, they have to keep whatever exclusives they can get. LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, Ratchet and Clank in particular. Sanzaru's even doing a full revival of Sly Cooper with Sly 4 and that'll be PS3 exclusive too.

I agree with Yahtzee about being able to choose whether you want to be good or bad in the beginning of the game instead of making the same choices over and over again. It's something I never understood in games with moral choices. Do people normally want to be the good guy and just suddenly transform into the biggest d-bag ever?

Did you make a bet with someone that you could stick "LOL" and "over nine thousaaaaand" into a video and no one would comment on it?

Because it just seemed a little... odd. In fact it seems like the sort of thing that you'd happy (verbally) knife someone for doing.

That aside, I enjoyed this.

Don't feel bad yahtzee the good ending made me seriously consider thinking about tearing up a bit too.

I've seen another review (with actual gameplay in it) show that the "launch power" is an ice move and that the "swan dive" is a fire move. That means "ice = good" and "fire = evil" by the game's logic, right?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here