Trailers: Saints Row: The Third: Steelport

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Saints Row: The Third: Steelport

Drew Holmes of Volition gives a tour of the city of Saints Row: The Third.

Watch Video

I've seen this trailer a few times already, this is going to be the most ridiculous game ever.
I can't wait. :D

I haven't played the first two games, but this definitely makes me take notice of this installment. You have to wonder what the design meetings looked like when talking about the vehicle design.

This is shaping up to be the best sandbox crime-sim since Saints Row 2!

A vehicle mounted man cannon, that you can use to suck up passers by and fire them out for s#!ts and giggles.

I don't know what to say, I'm still grinning at the utter absurdity of it all.

Well that's my holiday's taken care of.

Awesome!
Just one quest: Do I get nukes?

So what's the catch? Starting out as godlike supermen with the ability to call in airstrikes is all well and good, but it's not much of a challenge.

That game is so wrong in so many ways it almost becomes right!

I can honestly not wait for this game to come out. I hope it has a free play mode like in GTA IV because then it will be a god-send :D

pieguy259:
So what's the catch? Starting out as godlike supermen with the ability to call in airstrikes is all well and good, but it's not much of a challenge.

I was wondering about that. But just dicking around looks like so much fun that I'm not all that worried. God I can't wait for this game.

Wow, i'm glad that they fixed the ragdoll animation that made the main character look significantly less badass whenever he fell more than a few feet.

Also it's good that they took it in the "Batman villain with no Batman to stop them" direction. Hopefully the story keeps being awesome as well.

This is downright hilarious. I was probably going to pick this one up anyway, but after this demo it's a guaranteed purchase. I just hope it'll be possible for multiple people to play simultaneously with VTOLs :P

My arse a VTOL can be found parked in an industrial estate. I really hope it's not like the chopper from the second and a end game reward. Aside from that, the new melee moves look absolutely brutal, and the gameplay looks incredible. It also looks much better then the second did as well. Now I'm really hyped for this.

As long as the story is as funny and the level of professionalism and drama as the second game, this is easily looking to be the best game of the year.

Please don't fuck me over in the story department. I don't want this game to more over-hype, I've been disappointed by every game I've bought this year so far, I don't need to add this on to my list.

Looks a tad bit over the top. I like driving more the flying though so i doubt i will use the jet often. Unless it is customizable. I love that part of saints row games. Driving in a purple sports car while in a tuxedo i loved that.

Hybridwolf:
My arse a VTOL can be found parked in an industrial estate. I really hope it's not like the chopper from the second and a end game reward. Aside from that, the new melee moves look absolutely brutal, and the gameplay looks incredible. It also looks much better then the second did as well. Now I'm really hyped for this.

This was a demo. everything was put there for a reason, The gangs and the fists. Doupt it what we will see in the release copy. I mean the johnny gat vehicle and the other one ? and right where he landed. Its just meant to show off gameplay.

Okay, I'm calling it now, best insanity simulator ever!

looks amazing... though I still haven't got round to playing saints row 2, so i've got that to look forward to when my pc gets fixed too.

Flying Dagger:
looks amazing... though I still haven't got round to playing saints row 2, so i've got that to look forward to when my pc gets fixed too.

should get it on a console the pc verison of saints row 2 is really glitchy

heck this might be worth it just to smash random people's faces to the floor

I just got in the Saints Row Double Pack; so far it's great fun, but if this is only a modicum of what's in store, I can barely contain myself.

...wow. Just...wow. That was the single best thing I've seen all week.

Gentlemen? We have been given the tools of destruction, we are the Gods of Chaos, we have been given a gift of mayhem...and it only cost a mere 60 bucks. We will obliterate the bodies of all who stroll along the sidewalks with devastating melee attacks, we will run other vehicles off the road along with bystanders while doing donuts, we will rain missiles down upon the Earth in jets like hell fire, we will shoot civilians out of cannons, HELL maybe we'll launch ourselves! ...Gentlemen? We will take off all our clothing, run around completely naked, jump out of a flying helicopter, and we WILL collide our penises into a very unlucky old woman's face. Gentlemen, we have one true and absolute goal.

I'm guessing most of the stuff shown in here is coming from mini-games or unlockable bonuses. Well, I hope so anyway. I'd hate to see Volition play up to the "GTA only ZANY!" image of SR2 just a bit too much and we end up with a looney tunes cartoon.

solidsnake101023:

Flying Dagger:

should get it on a console the pc verison of saints row 2 is really glitchy

Yeah I've heard, unfortunately I don't own a console, so I'll just have to make do, though this copy only cost me 3.74 off steam in one of their sales.

Sixcess:
I'm guessing most of the stuff shown in here is coming from mini-games or unlockable bonuses. Well, I hope so anyway. I'd hate to see Volition play up to the "GTA only ZANY!" image of SR2 just a bit too much and we end up with a looney tunes cartoon.

A looney tunes cartoon open world crime sandbox sounds pretty frickin awesome to me :P

Sixcess:

I don't see it being much different than Saints Row 2 in that regards.
There was some serious stuff packed in to the story, but the gameplay and everything else (including parts of the story) was just plain and simple fun.
I don't think the story will collapse into one big joke after another (Volition is surprisingly good with keeping the jokes in the story minimum, which makes them that much funnier. well, outside of the stripper jokes).

OT: I'm super excited to play a character that actually looks attractive. I mean, I got a good looking guy with a ton of effort (it was easier to get an attractive lady, but not much), but it'll be nice for them to be attractive all around (and it appears that the plastic skin feel is gone too).
I must say, I'm going to miss the "Did you do something with your hair?" comments (particularly when you're a lady Saint). Those still make me laugh and I've played SR2 several times over. xD

THIS is what a sandbox game should be like. THIS is the kind of over-the-top fun that's been missing from video games for too long. Volition is epic.

FUCK THE SHOOTERS! I'm gettin' Saints Row for November!

busterkeatonrules:
This is shaping up to be the best sandbox crime-sim since Saints Row 2!

agreed! cannot wait to start slapping some ass! (that sounded so right and so wrong all at the same time!)

I'm impressed. Looks like they went with the philosophy of dumb fun/schizophrenia and took it too the max. Combining the best of GTA and the Postal games.

I'm glad to see that like 2 this one will also be on PC. The last console I bought was an SNES. :P

I'm also glad to see that they kept the FUN OVER THE TOP GRANDMA-TOSSING aspect of SR2. It looks like a graphical upgrade of SR2. So much so that I kept looking for the Ultor building in the trailer, despite knowing it's a different city. This is a good thing. I love SR2. SR2 couldn't be more awesome if it had tits and was on fire. Wait, it already has tits and IS on fire. Okay, it couldn't be more awesome if it had an engine that could keep up with itself and a bit better 3D models... oh wait, yes it could, and the Third is going to take care of that! Sweet. :D

OptimusPrime33:
FUCK THE SHOOTERS! I'm gettin' Saints Row for November!

I think that's just the demo on the 15th. The game comes out later. I probably won't have beaten skyrim by the time this comes out. Well, that's how it is sometimes.

I squealed, I bounced in my chair, I can't stop grinning, I came and November 15th is too far away. I freaking need now! I'm always dismissing people when they open a new 'Game of the Year 2011' thread but THAT IS IT.

Screw MW3
Screw Old Republic
Screw Skyrim

I
Need
Saint's Row the Third

To be honest though: I hope unlimited ammo isn't readily available; I liked unlocking it in #2 along with unlimited sprint, no damage while falling, etc.

I am loving the jet fighter. You know what would have been more over the top? If it could transform like in Macross.

For the sniper rifle, it had better be a .50 cal anti-material rifle.

I'd like to see how well the PC version works, if it has the same problems the SR2 port had.

I loved SR2 on the PC despite its problems. ;)

That is fucking amazing. I have to get into this. I cannot hardly wait.

That was some amazing sandbox gameplay (I assume there will eventually be consequences to things you do), although what I'd really like to see is some SR2-style writing. Seriously, that game was hilarious, whereas all I've seen in this game so far is wink-at-the-camera.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here