Escape to the Movies: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 15 NEXT

It's frightening how good Hollywood has become at replacing 'generic hot girl A' with 'generic hot girl B'. If it weren't a tabloid feeding frenzy I, the viewer, wouldn't have known there was a swap.

As regards Captain America:
"That's a very nice hat" (-Bruce Willis)

commasplice:

SpiderJerusalem:

Battle Catman:
Ah, I was waiting for that.

"If you like this movie, you're a retarded retard who's retarded."

It's not like that's a surprise, Bob's critiques on "stupid, popcorn entertainment being bad" only extends to movies that aren't one Scott Pilgrim.

Let's look on the bright side, Bob's tired ranting MIGHT mean that he will take a break from his show. And maybe, if we're lucky, that break will last a couple of years.

Question: if you really dislike Bob as much as you seem to, why are you commenting on this thread? I mean, it's safe to assume you watched the review, too, right? Why not just ignore it instead of being a troll?

Because the Escapist still, for now, represents somewhat of a beacon of shining hope in the world of Internet Geekdom. It still hosts Extra Credits, one of the better gaming related discussion forums and has a number of good writers and guests visiting. It's also one of the few places that has started to show some power behind it's name, hence having something like Bob on the site; a geek "critic", who berates the audience, lies, is inconsistent with what he says (and usually states as The Ultimate Truth) and generally drags down the quality of the site. Even Yahtzee, who's videos have become mostly an amusement instead of the actual critique bits they used to be, has proven to be smart and eloquent in his written word articles time and time again. Bob has not just one, but three venues here and each is mired by the same sanctimonious hogwash that seems to be getting worse every time. Just look at the past few reviews, which sound like the bottom of the Youtube barrel than a paid, professional series.

Too long, don't read:

I gripe cause I care.

I don't agree with Bob on much it seems, but I appreciate him seeing all these crappy movies and putting the word out that they are crappy.

Transformers 2 sapped my will to live so I will stay far away from this one. Given the choice between burying my scrotum in a fire ant hill and watching transformers 2 again I would unhesitatingly reach for the shovel.

commasplice:

arc1991:

commasplice:

Well, for one thing, I have never, in my life, desired to hear a giant robot say, "What's crackin', little bitches? This looks like a good place to kick it." I mean. Really.

Hey i found it amusing xD

Then again i'm easily amused... hehe =3

I found it mildly offensive, and I'm not sure how I didn't notice those lines the first time I saw the movie.

You must hate this film then huh?

Sixcess:
I fell asleep when watching the second movie, actually in the middle of an action sequence, which is a first for me. I don't think I'll be seeing the third.

Same, I love robots and explosions, but the second movie actually bored me enough with the shaky cam hard to follow action and lack of plot that I fell asleep right in the middle of an action sequence. Woke up near the end to see a lot of non transformer military stuff. :(

I didn't mind the first movie though. It wasn't great, but it was at least watchable for the action/one liners (I have a low bar for humor).

I still feel the opposite of MovieBob on these.

The think the robot designs are awesome, I thought the fight scenes are amazing, and the movies do a great job of showing the scale of the transformers, etc.

The movie is FUN, the fights are well done, etc.

Yes, I wish I could fast foward through all the human crap, and I will once I rent it.

Ooh, a Patrick Dempsey movie? SOLD. Let's be fair here: he wasn't always Dr. McDreamy. Back in the '80s he was the teen sex comedy version of Shia the Beef (or to be less insulting a slightly different version of Anthony Michael Hall who got implausible amounts of lady-ass).

Granted the movie is going to be balls. But any Rifftrax viewer worth her salt or MiSTy before them will be able to come out of it alive.

arc1991:

Hal10k:

Abandon4093:
Wait, he didn't like it?

I'm surprised.

Honestly. I saw it last night and enjoyed it.

Can we drop the pretence that we go to these movies for any semblance of plot? We go to them to 3 hours of robots and explosions. I was happy paying £8 for night of splosions.

That's the problem, though. You do not get "a night of explosions" when you see this movie- you get ninety minutes of uninspired yet schizophrenic plot, followed by a few explosions, most of which take place in the background while the unlikable characters continue with the uninspired yet schizophrenic plot.

In the words of Roger Ebert, "It's not what a movie is, it's how it's about it." This is a bad "explosion" movie.

How is he

Or these guys...

Unlikable? I mean Honestly?

I was refering more to the human characters. Not that I particularily liked the transformers themselves, but the movies seem more interested in following around the generic human stock characters then the robots. Even the action scenes seem focused more around them then the tititualar transformers, which is kind of a negative point for a movie about "robots blowing stuff up".

Hal10k:
[quote="Abandon4093" post="6.297576.11800215"]Wait, he didn't like it?

In the words of Roger Ebert, "It's not what a movie is, it's how it's about it." This is a bad "explosion" movie.

Ebert himself said he could never care for Optimus because he's a big robot. (paraphrasing but that's the implication.) He's no paragon of movie virtue.

I would gladly see this movie three times over if it would mean that Movie Bob would stop reviewing. It's not just that a brick with a pen next to it could come up with better and more unbiased points to discuss about this movie, it's not that a brick with a pen next to it would probably write more entertaining. Heck! It's not even that a brick with a pen next to it would be less repetetive (and it would, on all the above mentioned traits) it's mostly that a brick with a pen next to it would be less of a giant walking douche.

Now I'm fine with douchebaggery, I love Yahtzee after all, but the big difference is where Yahtzee is a comedy/review act whose premise is centred on the afforementioned douchebaggery MovieBob wants to be taken seriously as a fair and just critic. No. Not in a million years dude, you can't have people stroke their chins and open up a dialogue based on your points if those points happen to be poorly explained and bogged down by the critics own grudges and pet peeves. Especially not if they're flanked on either side by comments such as "People who like Transformers 3 shouldn't be allowed to vote".

Escapist... please cancel this nonsense.

Gunnyboy:

Hal10k:
[quote="Abandon4093" post="6.297576.11800215"]Wait, he didn't like it?

Ebert himself said he could never care for Optimus because he's a big robot. (paraphrasing but that's the implication.) He's no paragon of movie virtue.

I was just using the quote to illustrate the point: there's nothing stopping an action movie from being a good movie. It just has to be a good action movie, instead of a good drama or comedy. Transformers, however, fails to be a good action movie.

Onyx Oblivion:
I like Transformers. AND YES. EVEN THE BAYSPLOSIONS. And I like Shia, too.

WHY SHOULD I NOT VOTE AND DRIVE BOB?

I really enjoyed the movie. The last hour was completely epic and everything I wanted the first 2 to be.

I feel like people are being a little too cynical now, we all wanted all out robot war and that's what we got this time.

Just relax your minds, untie your knicker-knots and enjoy the movie for what it is - big explosive fun.

I'd like to live in a world where people flock to films with substance, but we don't. People will see this movie, and some might even enjoy it. Everybody has their own standards for movies, and if they want to see crap, then they're going to.

Bluecho:
First time watching Escape to the Movies. Just putting that out there.

The thing is, does it make a person elitist to want a film with effort put into it? Does it make a person elitist to want the giant robots, estensively the whole idea behind this movie, to be the center of the plot? Does it make a person elitist to want a mature story with characters we care about?

Then damnit, call me an elitist, because apparently my standards are too far above that of normal people as to be considered rational. And that's fine by me.

It makes you eltist when you suggest that people who like entertainment that you don't, shouldn't be allowed to vote. Can you see why that is kind of offensive and feels like an attack? People like the franchise, heck while I don't like them, I don't dislike them. It is the assumption here that people aren't capable of choosing what entertainment they wish to watch that is incredibly patronising.

arc1991:

daxterx2005:

"trilogy" is three films broski

So no, you're incorrect. This trilogy is over.

Unless of course...you know...they continue it...

Which they will...because it's been confirmed.

First, not all confirmed movies get made.
And secondly, if it gets made, as the fourth movie it won't be part of the trilogy, as a trilogy means three movies. So the trilogy (first three movies) is over. There might be ten more movies afterwards, they still won't be part of the trilogy.
I believe that is what arc's point was here.

I was born a little too late to actually see the Transformers cartoon so I honestly didn't really care what they did with the robots as long as I actually saw them fight and blow stuff up. I'm sure if they did bother to give them the personalities they had from the show they would probably be just one note characters that would be barely more interesting than they are. I feel like every reviewer who is old enough to actually have watched the cartoons is gonna hate this movie just because it pisses all over some thing that makes them nostalgic.

The thing is this movie is to sell more robot toys to children just like the TV show was and nothing more. If you expected more than something is seriously wrong with your logic or you're just a bit too optimistic. Also I didn't mind the human characters at all the only characters that actually annoyed me on the human side of things were Sam's parents. Also the robots land on Earth how the fuck did you not expect the humans to play a role in the movie.

This movie is a pure popcorn flick you go to the theater to see big explosions and watch giant robots duke it out. Now I've seen MovieBob's Transformers 2 review so don't get me wrong I didn't expect him to like this movie at all. It just seems to me that MovieBob got his fanboy head stuck to far up his ass to have any fun at the movies. I plan on seeing Transformers 3 and Captain America, but I'm secretly hoping that Captain America is about on the same level as Transformers so I can watch MovieBob show us the hypocrite that he is when he has his nerdgasm all over the Captain America movie.

P.S. MovieBob its fine to has disdain for a movie and even a specific director, but the way you insult people who see a movie that you don't like is just despicable. This is because like most media its completely subjective.

Edit: I forgot to mention that MovieBob is one of the biggest fanboys I've ever seen trying to review movies. If you watch his review of Paul he basically tells you that if something throws in a reference to something he has enjoyed in the past it automatically makes it a good movie for him. I can say this much I won't be watching anything that MovieBob puts up anymore (except for his Captain America "review) because its utter trash. For movies he likes he goes into so much detail about every little thing that he liked as opposed to those he doesn't like where he just whines about it for four minutes. He doesn't point out if the film did anything right he is just content and you guys are content with him just going "This movie sucked" or "This movie is sooooooo awesome OMFG guys go see it!". I, however, want more from my reviewers.

SpiderJerusalem:

Because the Escapist still, for now, represents somewhat of a beacon of shining hope in the world of Internet Geekdom. It still hosts Extra Credits, one of the better gaming related discussion forums and has a number of good writers and guests visiting. It's also one of the few places that has started to show some power behind it's name, hence having something like Bob on the site; a geek "critic", who berates the audience, lies, is inconsistent with what he says (and usually states as The Ultimate Truth) and generally drags down the quality of the site. Even Yahtzee, who's videos have become mostly an amusement instead of the actual critique bits they used to be, has proven to be smart and eloquent in his written word articles time and time again. Bob has not just one, but three venues here and each is mired by the same sanctimonious hogwash that seems to be getting worse every time. Just look at the past few reviews, which sound like the bottom of the Youtube barrel than a paid, professional series.

Too long, don't read:

I gripe cause I care.

From now on, whenever someone asks me why I criticize or tells me I don't have a "right" to criticize, I'm putting this video up.

You know what Bob? We paid the money, we don't think you're very good. I'm not going to say your content doesn't fit in with the quality of The Escapist (because I think it does, honestly-I think there's a lot of "not very good" on the site,) but Mr. Jerusalem is absolutely right to say you sound like a youtube reviewer and not a paid, "professional" reviewer (for comparison, Mark Kermode^). And hey, you admit that and it's fine, but then you turn around and expect us to take your opinion seriously by slapping in giant letters TRUTH over your opinion. It's like a rubberstamp of "authenticity" to slather all over whatever you feel like saying at the moment.

What's interesting is that when I watch Bob's new America show, I feel it's about the same level of quality as the stuff here. Production values, video and audio quality, quality of the argument presented... It's the same shtick, but Bob has said he doesn't want anyone pointing to the quality of his new YT stuff and using that to denigrate him on The Escapist. That's fair, but the thing is that THESE videos and THOSE videos are so remarkably similar in quality, tone and logic that there's no appreciable difference. Bob might as well make The Big Picture at least partly about politics and dispense with a separate political show entirely.

As for this review, it was okay. Most of these Escape to the Movies episodes are decent to good. If nothing else, I feel Moviebob is doing a decent job as long as he's Moviebob. It's the other videos that annoy me. I mean, with Bob and a Transformers review, you know what you're getting.

SpiderJerusalem:
Snip.

Well, I admire the fact that you're trying to help The Escapist, but honestly, sitting around and insulting Bob in the hopes that it somehow fixes the things you don't like about him is more or less what he was doing in this review. He bashes Transformers and many other terrible movies because he thinks they're blights on the industry and he's trying to get the word out as much as he can. He gripes because he cares.

In addition to that, I'd submit to you that berating your audience and generally being a dick is practically a requirement of being a media critic. Just look at Roger Ebert and his treatment of video games. He could have easily made all of those points without being an asshole about it. But he didn't. And that's what he gets payed for. As far as these things go, Bob is actually fairly tame.

arc1991:

Actually, no. I love Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Shaun of the Dead is one of my favorite movies, and I was looking forward to seeing Paul, as I have heard good things about it. There's a difference here, though, between Jazz's part in the Transformers clip and that trailer for Paul. For one thing, just because something is silly does not necessarily mean that it is funny. And, honestly, for a character that is so overtly "not-Black," it strikes me as vaguely racist in a sort of "I see what you did there" kind of way.

Hey do you think Shia Lebough is a bad actor? I honestly think he's pretty good, he's the one actor off Disney that didn't become a whore or disappear. I like the guy, I want to see him in other movies though.

For some reason even moviebob cannot make my little brother stop liking these movies... Then again, His IQ is 75-80-ish, immediately indicating the audience it takes to like Shia Legetthefuckoutofmyfacefreak and Michael Bay's crap version of Transformers.

And I'm not implying you have to be retarded to like these movies, you just have to be stupid to ignore Bob's opinion on stuff. He's awesome.

EDIT: I went to see it just now (my dad paid, and I can't say no to free stuff) because my aforementioned little brother didn't want to go see x-men.

It's sort of like Bob said: It's better than the previous ones, yet I thought X-men was better. Hell, even Kung Fu Panda 2 was better. But if you want explosions and Shia's love stories, go see it.

And there's one more thing that bugged me which Bob didn't mention:

SFR:
You mentioned the hole "Dude, I just want to see robots fight and not think for a few hours" but you never said anything about it after that. Why? Could you not give a reasoning behind those who like that sort of thing? I'm definitely more into movies with deeper messages, subtext, believable/developed characters, and an original story, but come on. Are you telling me you've never watched a movie just for fun? You gave props to fucking Parana 3D. Is this not similar albeit to a less degree of mind numbing, poorly written fun?

Also, what do you have against the robot design? I've never understood that. The original ones frankly kinda suck, at least if they were made to look real. I guess I'm just one for over-complex design. I like all the moving parts and sort of almost tribal motif.

In short, I like you MovieBob. You give chances to those who normally don't. But it's movies like these that really show how much bias you have. You might be totally right, but you tend to blow things out of proportion and start attacking people verbally.

Bob gives very polarized reviews. Every movie is either the greatest thing ever to touch celluloid or the most execrable piece of garbage ever passed off as entertainment. It's almost like he's unable to be neutral.

But then, as a critic, he A) is required to find faults, and B) sees a great many movies, which present him with the same faults over, and over, and over. He's jaded to a greater degree than we are. It's part of the job description.

I suspect Bob's hatred of the Transformers live-actions comes from having been a boy when the toys were peaking. So was I. We both dislike seeing a beloved childhood icon taken into an alley by the goon that is Hollywood to be mugged for its shoes.

I would have greatly enjoyed a movie made for the thirty-or-sos who were kids during Generation 1, the kids who owned an original Optimus Prime not purchased on eBay. A film that could (in addition to action, of course) have delved into philosophical/moral questions such as the nature of life, the wastefulness of war, the self-defeating nature of evil, the burden of leadership, the difficulty of diplomatic relations across species, the epic scope of interplanetary conflict, those sorts of things. Instead we got a thoughtless, irreverent Michael Bay explode-a-thon a child of seven could comprehend completely. I think they really missed the boat on that one.

I agree with most of what Bob says about Transformers. Bay *is* wrong for the material. I *do* dislike the mecha design. Shia LeBoeuf and his absurd, unlikeable character desperately, desperately need to not be a part of this franchise. The military *is* too often seen in the forefront of a movie ostensibly about mechas.

Even feeling as I do I will see the movie and take from it what I can.

Xartyve2:

Escapist... please cancel this nonsense.

It's amazing how people think that arguing with the contributor and asking for his/her removal in the comment section might actually dispel said contributor, when it actually has the opposite effect. Whether a contributor stays or leaves depends upon view counts, and the more you get worked up in the comment section the more you're contributing to the online hits of the show. ENN was a great show, but they had to kill it because it didn't get too many hits. Jimquisition is (in my humble opinion) utter shit, and that's what everybody said in Jim's first few episodes. But the amount of traffic he attracted only cemented his place here, which is why he never changed his act and became even more trollish. Which is exactly why instead of complaining about him in the comment section I simply refuse to watch his show - it means he'll get at least one less view.

Trust me, MovieBob is enjoying your rage and will simply be egging you in the future.

.. Seriously after watching that you sound like one of the a-holes who hates COD:MW2 because it isnt portal 2 or Silent Hill. Your review sounded like you went to the theater with a prejudice just so you could write it a bad review. Just because you dont like Techro style robots with a hint of animal influences dosent make them look bad, its your opinion that you dont like the look does not make it a bad look. But all around your "these people should not be driving or voting" earns you a big "F-U". Just because i like tech, I like military Tech, and I can ignore enough of the plot to enjoy the tech doesnt make me a retard.

Over all i will give you some points:
The plot was infact terrible
The relations with new found characters were terrible (seriously who is this guy? oh now hes dead.. ok)
The end scene was kinda BS with megatron, who seriously went missing for 98% of the movie.
Way too much human action scenes
And finally,
A few of the combat scenes almost felt reused. Like they just changed the location and did the same moves again. But then again seeing tech in action again isnt bad IMO, just me though.

All in all, Prejudice review against an ok moive. Not inception, but not bad.

Can it not be just about the robots. No offence to the human actors and all that but all we want is for it to be about the robots. Although I won't see this in the cinema my faith in adaptations was shaken by Green Lantern.

You know .....something just hit me

What if .........What if all the comics and cartoons based on Transformers

were never good to begin with?

What are people upset about here? I just find it hilarious that this is the one that has people running for their pitchforks. The movie is trash, people who like it clearly don't have much appreciation for good cinema. Which is fine, but don't go throwing your toys out of the pram when that's pointed out to you.

Srdjan Tanaskovic:

Even if they weren't(they were great). What would the relevance be?

370999:

Bluecho:
First time watching Escape to the Movies. Just putting that out there.

The thing is, does it make a person elitist to want a film with effort put into it? Does it make a person elitist to want the giant robots, estensively the whole idea behind this movie, to be the center of the plot? Does it make a person elitist to want a mature story with characters we care about?

Then damnit, call me an elitist, because apparently my standards are too far above that of normal people as to be considered rational. And that's fine by me.

It makes you eltist when you suggest that people who like entertainment that you don't, shouldn't be allowed to vote. Can you see why that is kind of offensive and feels like an attack? People like the franchise, heck while I don't like them, I don't dislike them. It is the assumption here that people aren't capable of choosing what entertainment they wish to watch that is incredibly patronising.

People offended by a web-series need thicker skin.

Commercial media is no kind of meritocracy. Whilst it's touchy-feely and kind to act as though all films are created equal until judged by the consuming public, it's also falacious. Soulja Boy isn't one of the best musicians of recent years, Paris Hilton has no discernable talent, and if you're old enough to work...you probably feel that your boss is ill-suited for his job too...that's just life, shit floats and gold sinks alot of the time.

That can be very frustrating...

I hate to say it, but I kinda disagree with MovieBob on this one...I'm not saying this movie is incredible and awesome, and that it makes up for the franchises' previous two screw-ups. What I'm saying is that I think Bob's opinion on this movie may still be colored by a previous experience he's had this summer.

...and that color is green.

Green Lantern I must admit was pretty damned terrible, and coming off the heels of seeing that tripe and seeing the latest iteration of Transformers was probably a bad idea anyway (even though that's precisely what most of us did).

They finally got rid of a lot of the tripe that was bogging down the second movie (i.e. mudflap and his idiot buddy whose name escapes me, the stupid weed/ fart/ sex jokes, and a villain that actually /outranks/ Megatron? Ridiculous...).

Although I still absolutely hate the designs of the Transformers themselves, this time the writers stayed true to the spirit behind the franchise, and didn't put any useless shite in there this time. All in all I had a lot more fun in this one than in the previous two.

Again, I'm not saying I love the movie, but it was definitely a lot more tolerable than Green Lantern, which I was getting ready to walk out of by the end of it.

hendoben:
What are people upset about here? I just find it hilarious that this is the one that has people running for their pitchforks. The movie is trash, people who like it clearly don't have much appreciation for good cinema. Which is fine, but don't go throwing your toys out of the pram when that's pointed out to you.

Srdjan Tanaskovic:

Even if they weren't(they were great). What would the relevance be?

I've read (just about) every post in this thread and I can tell you that most (not necessarily all) of the people who are railing against Bob are saying that he only feels the way he does because he wants to do Optimus in the tailpipe. More or less.

The reason this bothers me is because it implies that you can't be a fan of the source material for an adaptation and give it anything but a perfect score without being accused of being biased. Now, I'm sure Bob is biased. Even if he wasn't a fan of the original series, he probably would have been biased against this one simply by merit of the fact that he thought the other ones were terrible.

All that being said, does that make any of his criticisms wrong? I don't think so. If MovieBob hadn't grown up with the Transformers, that would not make Shia a better actor and it would not have made me give more of a shit about Sam Witwicky's relationship problems.

Edit:
Oh yeah, and just because you (the general "you," not you, specifically, hendoben) didn't hate the movie (or possibly even liked it) doesn't mean that you are unbiased or that it was not, in fact, shit. I've heard a lot of excuses for it and most of them amount to "I just wanted explosions" or "I just wanted robots" or "I just wanted something to occupy my time for a couple hours." That's cool. Really, there's nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is pretending that, just because your standards for the movie could have easily been fulfilled by ANY mediocre action flick, this movie is not a piece of garbage.

Ahh, Micheal Bay movies.

His movies are so bad where the audience goes, "Its slightly less awful than the last, so that is good enough for me." I honestly don't care about these movies enough to rage, but the sheer amount of money on such a weightless endeavor(BIG ROBOTS FIGHTING EACH OTHER) is mind boggling. Also he doesn't get points for the blatant pandering to teenage males audiences this movie is obviously targeted towards. Hell, Bay is GENIUS for being able to be so brash and given so much money AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. And he has a substantial defense force who will defend his right to repeatably do this. Bay isn't stupid, he's a chessmaster playing the pawns of hollywood and american's anti-intellectualism tendencies.

What I can't wrap my mind about is, if they can just as easily throw money around to blow shit up....how hard is it to hire competent screen writers? How hard is it really? Do they get in the way of Bay's explosions and action scenes? Do good stories not sell?

Anyways, this ensuing clash of bay defenders, and his haters will be epic. :)

commasplice:

SpiderJerusalem:
Snip.

Well, I admire the fact that you're trying to help The Escapist, but honestly, sitting around and insulting Bob in the hopes that it somehow fixes the things you don't like about him is more or less what he was doing in this review. He bashes Transformers and many other terrible movies because he thinks they're blights on the industry and he's trying to get the word out as much as he can. He gripes because he cares.

In addition to that, I'd submit to you that berating your audience and generally being a dick is practically a requirement of being a media critic. Just look at Roger Ebert and his treatment of video games. He could have easily made all of those points without being an asshole about it. But he didn't. And that's what he gets payed for. As far as these things go, Bob is actually fairly tame.

arc1991:

Actually, no. I love Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Shaun of the Dead is one of my favorite movies, and I was looking forward to seeing Paul, as I have heard good things about it. There's a difference here, though, between Jazz's part in the Transformers clip and that trailer for Paul. For one thing, just because something is silly does not necessarily mean that it is funny. And, honestly, for a character that is so overtly "not-Black," it strikes me as vaguely racist in a sort of "I see what you did there" kind of way.

Jazz acted like that in the cartoon (ok he didn't swear etc but you get my point) I see your point now though, i thought you got offended just because of how he swore, hence i introduced Paul into the picture. My bad!

Nimoy did the voice of Galvatron in 1986. Why wouldn't they go back to him now?

I will not support this movie with money. Transformers 1 made me angry, so I never went to see Transformers 2 in the cinema. Then I hear people actually THINK that Transformers 1 was good?!?!??!

I will not waste 2 hours and 30 minutes just to wait for the last 30 minutes action scene. Like seriously, X-Men First Class was all I needed from a blockbuster this summer and that's it. Now to watch maybe some comedies (Bridesmaids out now in UK), thrillers or anything else (Tree of Life out on 8th July WOOT) that won't bore me to death. Yeah, funny how a movie with so much visual stimuli can bore you. Your brain just gets tired, your neurons start looking at their watches waiting for some other stimuli.

I'm with ya Bob, I really don't want to have to sit through this one so hopefully none of my friends end up liking it.

And now I know you don't really mean it and you're just tired, frustrated, and besieged at all sides (And by all means continue tearing any movie you want to pieces) but maybe just a tiny~ bit less hate for the folks that liked it? The ones that didn't make the movie that is.
I'm sure many of them are intelligent and likeable people despite the schism of opinion, the brain doesn't work logically, people just like what they like.
Be that good or bad.

My review, in short:

Awesome action sequences, albeit too human heavy (goes for the whole film); very mediocre, clichéd, flawed, continuity-less script; average acting.
Also, there are too many hot girls . Seriously, in all of the films, why are all the girls that seem to be involved with anything to do with Sam so stunning? It's ridiculous.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here