Unskippable: Crysis 2 Part 1

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Crysis 2 Part 1

It's a crysis of incredibly dull proportions.

Watch Video

aw man i laughed way harder than i should've at the start.

The Lasers of Understanding, however, are unable to pierce the Plot Convenience Armor.

Best unskippable in a while. Those weren't lasers of understanding, they were lasers of love and happiness.

Man those are some pathetic Lasers of Understanding, now the Space Russians, THEY know how to make Lasers of Understanding.

so the aliens will love and tolerate the shit out of us, AFTER they iced our pacific island and blew up our aircraft carriers?
also Alcatraz is so damn useless without the suit and even with the suit throws like a little girl, i wonder how much more awesome crysis 2 could have been had we given the suit to someone awesome. like the doom marine.

I remember wondering what would happen if I didn't surface in time... it really would suck to get killed by a cutscene abruptly handing control back to the player.

I was thinking "I wonder if they'll make a joke about Destiny being a bitch..." -- and then they did!

On a side note, there is, actually, a pretty interesting reason why he doesn't speak for the rest of the game (check out the Heroic Mime entry -- SPOILERS):
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Crysis

Well that was an eventful...

Sorry, blacked out in the middle of commenting there. This is not a great start to a game so far.

"Goddamit cutscene, you got me into this problem, you get me out!"

My new quote for whenever a boss fight intro occurs.

Hehe, Bioshock reference FTW.

The game itself is great, but yeah, I was a bit like WTF at the intro. I think I can see how Part 2 is going to be like, looking forward to it =)

I was about to write to them to request this one in particular after the first time I played Crysis 2. This intro was funny even without the commentry.
While the intro partially looks like Bioshock, the game itself is a lot like a very bad Half Life 2 immitation.
Also, there are several points in the game itself where Alcrataz is unconcious after the intro and I was constantly waiting for the game to switch to some other perspective,COD style, every time he went unconcious later in the game and I assure you, he goes unconcious to the point that you just want him to die.
They really should have continued from Nomad's perspective or let us play as Prophet as the island transforms into an alien habitat or do something related to the Afghan relic mentioned in the first game.

Hehehe, i just finished the game ten minutes ago, how convenient.

Great episode guys, looking forward to part 2.

And that was the 9th time I died... :P

Reminiscent of Knight and Day, being unconscious for half the film.

Gould? He has to be a spy! Didn't the glowing eyes and deep voice tip anyone off?! Someone get SG-1 on this!

OT: Hehehe. Funny as always. But damn you pass out a lot in the Crysis 2.

What's with the "your mom" jokes today? First "defriended your mom" from Canadian Girlfriend, and now some really bad ones in the middle of this vid? (EDIT: Even today's CheckPoint included "your mom" jokes...) It's Independence Day. We don't need "your mom" jokes on Independence Day, okay?

Now for me to break off from being a dick...

Anyway, yeah, that 1st-person character did seem halfway wasted. That was a lot of black-out throughout that scene. You're right, Graham, he'd better stay conscious in part 2. He was passed out long enough for AT LEAST two Unskippables.

Also, "You're swimming into Bioshock!" <---That.

And remember, boys and girls, when they say, "Get the scuba gear on," GET THE SCUBA GEAR ON. They really mean it. That is all. Thank you.

Oh con Tequilla it makes me happy... and pass out appearantly. Actually a game in which you are hungover for the whole time doesn't sound too much fun...

But great Unskippable, I hate cutscenes that suddenly turn interactive, reminds me of the "Indigo prophecies" where I went out to get something to eat during a cutscene and came back to realize that I actually was supposed to do something and screwed this up now.

And: Yay to Lasers of Understanding, but appearantly they got these wrong and shot back with guns of misunderstanding.

I think my favorite jokes were all the Bioshock ones. :D

"Wait, you're swimming towards Bioshock!"

"Don't go into the lighthouse! Don't get into the bathosphere!"

And the mom joke was pretty good too and I too want Laser of Understanding. :D

dalek sec:

I literally paused the video, and guffawed at the Bioshock jokes.

OT: Do you intermittently black out in the GAME itself?

I know that sounds like a joke.....but that's exactly what kept happening in Far Cry 2 (which is dumber? Protagonist being Hungover...or Protagonist having Malaria? That's right Malaria), Crytek's last game, so I assure it wasn't a joke. It was a serious question.

wow so many instant classics in this one

"what the fuck was that?... That was you not getting your scuba gear on"
"complete movement tutorial... i repeat movement tutorial"
"hey man you're swimming into bioshock, turn back turn back!"
"oh no someone released the kraken... and gave it ground effects"
"fire the lasers of understanding!"

also... it seems to be your new thing to split cutscenes...

Hahaha, can't wait for part 2.

Now that I finally have a good gaming PC and can put the PS3 away, allow me to take a moment to - I apologise in advance - try my hand at being a bit of a PC elitist.

here goes...

PSHAW! The console version looks like ass, PC version on full spec looks way better. I'm running it on highest settings and get a smooth framerate, you consoletards may as well rub dirt into your eyes.

OK, finished. Yeah, that looks about right - the correct amount of concern over an irrelevant issue is present, so I guess I'm really starting to fit in with those guys...

I love effortless they make mocking such a serious cutscene look.
Although the intermittent control being handed back and forth is a good point, I shall be using that line as well.

GrizzlerBorno:

I know that sounds like a joke.....but that's exactly what kept happening in Far Cry 2 (which is dumber? Protagonist being Hungover...or Protagonist having Malaria? That's right Malaria), Crytek's last game, so I assure it wasn't a joke. It was a serious question.

Far Cry 2 wasn't made by Crytek, as they'd already sold the Far Cry series to Ubisoft by that point, and at least you get the excuse of blacking out (although it's more very slow blinking) due to being shot, which makes considerably more sense.
At least any future instances of blacking out are caused by being explicitly knocked out by something.

GrizzlerBorno:

Well, on one hand, Crytek had nothing to do with Far Cry 2... that was Ubisoft. From what I understand, they haven't developed anything in the franchise since the original Far Cry.

Anyway, not intermittently. There's a couple occasions in the game mostly at the end of maps.

Bird IS the word. Love it :)

jcptopi:

On a side note, there is, actually, a pretty interesting reason why he doesn't speak for the rest of the game (check out the Heroic Mime entry -- SPOILERS):
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Crysis

To be fair, I think Yahtzee spoiled that in his Crysis 2 review.

This episode had me firing my Lasers of Amusement at the laptop screen.

hipster666:
Bird IS the word. Love it :)

Hehe. I loved that reference too.

I was also wondering why the weren't moving to put on their scuba gear when told. For me that just gave away that the sub was about to get hit and begin flooding.

I love the lasers of understanding. NATO needs those things!

Also that protagonist cannot hold his liquor. At all.

The Great JT:
The Lasers of Understanding, however, are unable to pierce the Plot Convenience Armor.

Actually, there was jam on the screen. He got hit, and would've been finished off if not for Prophet.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

oh man that got me :p

still, that was a pretty crazy intro tho. def got me into the game...kinda sorta.

teebeeohh:
so the aliens will love and tolerate the shit out of us, AFTER they iced our pacific island and blew up our aircraft carriers?
also Alcatraz is so damn useless without the suit and even with the suit throws like a little girl, i wonder how much more awesome crysis 2 could have been had we given the suit to someone awesome. like the doom marine.

Well, Alcatraz DID spend the majority of the game with his internal organs in a state similar to pudding.

vivster:
wow so many instant classics in this one

"what the fuck was that?... That was you not getting your scuba gear on"
"complete movement tutorial... i repeat movement tutorial"
"hey man you're swimming into bioshock, turn back turn back!"
"oh no someone released the kraken... and gave it ground effects"
"fire the lasers of understanding!"

also... it seems to be your new thing to split cutscenes...

Stole all my quotes. You guys are a-fucking hilarious!

dalek sec:

And the mom joke was pretty good too and I too want Laser of Understanding. :D

Perfect ninja , is perfect !

destiny is a bitch....she did't give me a lap-dance when i asked her :D

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or